Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Zettelkasten - ZTTL, New Algo: BurgerHash V6 🍔, CPU-SOLO-mineable - page 35. (Read 51033 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 1
Thank you for the update on how the algo might see future upgrades but you got me confused on that :p

I have decided to place it at exactly block height 100'000
Anyway, testing of new algo is progressing and will be released at around blockheight 80k.

1) A new hash algo update that kicks in at exactly every 100k blocks

so will it be
80k, 180k, 280k [...] ?
or
100k, 200k, 300k [...] ?

the
100k, 200k, 300k, ...

means at which exact blockheight a new improved algo kicks in and causes a fork for those guys who haven't updated their wallet. (they'll be mining on the wrong chain)

And at "around"

80k, 180k, 280k, .... (20k earlier)

I will be releasing each new wallet, so that people are prepared for the fork.

(20k blocks is more or less exactly 2 weeks time.)

I will also add a feature in each wallet from now on, that will warn you with signalization that you need to check for update on the official github/website

Great idea.
Will this hamper the GPU miners, if there are any, by causing them to re-write there mining software each time an algo update is made.
I guess we will have to on our toes not to miss the algo chain.
Activity: 486
Merit: 12
Zettelkasten Dev
I'm visiting discord channel right now:

https://discord.gg/QR2b5U

If someone wants to ask my anything,

now is the AMA time!

Please post updated link, this one is expired.

Thank you

Link has been updated:

https://discord.gg/Ef7x2qA

It's now permanent.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0

now is the AMA time!

Please post updated link, this one is expired.
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
Is there any parameter how to run the wallet which automatically starts mining with defined number of threads? I think I would be useful, at least for me, I could put the command in Startup on windows.

In all wallets there is usually option to start wallet with windows (settings - options)

Then if you don't have one, create a zettelkasten.conf (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming - might have to show hidden files)
and add

gen=1
genproclimit=4 (no. of threads)

When you start windows the wallet is set to startup, and the above commands will make it mine using 4 threads

Hope this help
J
Activity: 40
Is there any parameter how to run the wallet which automatically starts mining with defined number of threads? I think I would be useful, at least for me, I could put the command in Startup on windows.
Zettelkasten Dev
There is also a Slack channel, for those who prefer it over discord:

https://join.slack.com/t/zetteltalk/shared_invite/enQtMzYxMTg4MjE2MjI2LTM5Y2U4N2NhMWI0ZjAxMWZkNDE5MDg5YmVlM2YwZWQyNmFjZTBjZTU2OTMxYmYxOTc4N2YzOTUzNjBhNDYzZjc

I'll be showing up at both Slack and Discord from time to time,
enjoy. Grin
Zettelkasten Dev
I've forwarded port 51339 on one system and did an "addnode" from a second system to that first system.  First now has 27 connections and second remains at 8.

Looks good

The best setup is to do it exactly as you have done:

1 full node, and all other local computer are directly added to it through addnode.
Zettelkasten Dev

now is the AMA time!
Activity: 24
Merit: 1
How to set more than 8 connections? I have 3 ubuntu mining machines and getinfo says they all have 8 connections.

Only 1 computer in the local network can be exposed.

You need to access your router and forward port 51339 to the local computer you want to turn into a full node.

I've forwarded port 51339 on one system and did an "addnode" from a second system to that first system.  First now has 27 connections and second remains at 8.

Zettelkasten Dev
How to set more than 8 connections? I have 3 ubuntu mining machines and getinfo says they all have 8 connections.

Only 1 computer in the local network can be exposed.

You need to access your router and forward port 51339 to the local computer you want to turn into a full node.
Activity: 1
Nice to see that much developement for zettel Smiley

I wish i could mine it again, but with a network hashrate of 170 MH/s its not really profitable (6 cores, 150 KH/s). I got the last Block a week ago (02/05/2018) and just wasting my hashpower atm here. Please, someone set up a pool

Your chances are still good to find 1 block a day on average.
Is your mining-wallet running as full node with more than just the usual 8 connections?

It will help reduce orphans.
Because the worst situation a guy like you can be in, is to find a block and see it vanish away as an orphan...  Embarrassed

See that you have 50 connections open at least.

Activity: 47

I wish i could mine it again, but with a network hashrate of 170 MH/s its not really profitable (6 cores, 150 KH/s). I got the last Block a week ago (02/05/2018) and just wasting my hashpower atm here. Please, someone set up a pool

Is your mining-wallet running as full node with more than just the usual 8 connections?

Because the worst situation a guy like you can be in, is to find a block and see it vanish away as an orphan...  Embarrassed

Have 8 connections, no orphans, just no blocks found
Zettelkasten Dev

Activity: 47

Zettelkasten Dev
Thank you for the update on how the algo might see future upgrades but you got me confused on that :p

Anyway, testing of new algo is progressing and will be released at around blockheight 80k.

so will it be
80k, 180k, 280k [...] ?
or
100k, 200k, 300k [...] ?

the

100k, 200k, 300k, ...

means at which exact blockheight a new improved algo kicks in and causes a fork for those guys who haven't updated their wallet. (they'll be mining on the wrong chain)

And at "around"

80k, 180k, 280k, .... (20k earlier)

I will be releasing each new wallet, so that people are prepared for the fork.

(20k blocks is more or less exactly 2 weeks time.)

I will also add a feature in each wallet from now on, that will warn you with signalization that you need to check for update on the official github/website
block 100k is in ca 25 days (+/-)

Thats a long long time away with the current hashrate...Sad

I don't think so, time flies, 3 weeks will pass in no time!

Also, I'm certainly not going to rush an important adjustment like a hash algo improvement.
Many things can go wrong here if I don't do a thorough job.

This is BTW the recurring hash algo schedule that I want to follow (but I'm still speculating, not 100% sure it will be exactly like this):

1) A new hash algo update exactly every 100k blocks
2) Release of new binaries/source around 20k blocks earlier than each update
3) Each update will add complexity but shall not be allowed to drop the hash rate more than 20%

That's the current state!
So, happy mining!

Now thats what i like ! Smiley
A dev with a plan.
You are few and far between.
With someone like you running this coin, this could be a very good project indeed.
Zettelkasten Dev

I don't think so, time flies, 3 weeks will pass in no time!

Also, I'm certainly not going to rush an important adjustment like a hash algo improvement.
Many things can go wrong here if I don't do a thorough job.

This is BTW the recurring hash algo schedule that I want to follow (but I'm still speculating, not 100% sure it will be exactly like this):

2) Release of new binaries/source around 20k blocks earlier than each 100k fork
3) Each update will add complexity but shall not be allowed to drop the hash rate more than 20%

That's the current state of my thinking process!
So, happy mining!

Zettelkasten Dev
Zettelkasten Dev
Anyway, whether this is from a GPU-miner or from another CPU-Farm...

that's the reason why we are going to have an upcoming hash-algo-adjustment.

More info and new release very soon, so that everyone can prepare. (except the hypothetical GPU miners, I hope you chew your heart out, lol)

Happy mining!  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: