Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Zettelkasten - ZTTL, New Algo: BurgerHash V6 🍔, CPU-SOLO-mineable - page 34. (Read 51033 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 1
I doubt drop is from gpu, most likely cloud.
Big cloud miners tend to mine new coins at the coin beginning and not stay for long. There is few newer cpu coins so maybe they moved further.
I thought ZETTEL coin is a CPU efficient and it's faster than GPU.

From what I understand, ZETTEL is GPU and pool resistant... both _could_ be implemented.  At this point, I believe the consensus is to remain CPU only for now.  The Dev would be able to give a much clearer picture, but I think he's heads-down, working on the modified algo mentioned a few posts earlier.

Activity: 980
Merit: 502
Big cloud miners tend to mine new coins at the coin beginning and not stay for long. There is few newer cpu coins so maybe they moved further.
I thought ZETTEL coin is a CPU efficient and it's faster than GPU.
Activity: 93
Merit: 0
Activity: 8
hashrate dropped massively in last two days perhaps the gpu crew realize algo about to change and have moved onto something else ?
OK I have few questions:
How long are you going to change algo every 100k blocks/maintain cpu-only?
After this algo change what is next?
When web site?

1- From what I understand yes, algo will change every 100,000 blocks.
2- If you read the OP the dev mentions some ideas as to what to expect in terms of the development of the coin and its features.
3- Whenever it's ready.
Thanks for reply but I know all that, I red all topic, I mine it for quite some time.
I'm interested is anything changed, dev's answer would be like small updated roadmap, to see what is next.
I assume that frequent algo change takes a lot of time from dev's hands, and web site would attract more miners.
Activity: 238
Block height is over 85000, has a new wallet been released ?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
OK I have few questions:
When web site?

1- From what I understand yes, algo will change every 100,000 blocks.
2- If you read the OP the dev mentions some ideas as to what to expect in terms of the development of the coin and its features.
3- I'm guessing whenever it's ready.
Activity: 24
Here are the schematics of the new hashalgo BurgerHash V2

https://i.imgur.com/M2g6Mcg.jpg

New Version coming very soon, patience!  Cool

Thank you for the visual... it's impressive and helps understand the algo!

I'm assuming the source files will be updated along with the wallet binaries for the 100K change, correct?

OK I have few questions:
When web site?
Activity: 486
Merit: 12
Zettelkasten Dev
Here are the schematics of the new hashalgo BurgerHash V2

New Version coming very soon, patience!  Cool
Zettelkasten Dev
Block #80000 is right around the corner, and I am not ready yet.

But as I said, I will drop the update at AROUND 80k, can't guarantee it, sometimes it will be a little earlier, sometimes a little later.
Also, rising difficulty has brought us 80k sooner than I anticipated. (they stole like 2 days from my schedule, lol)  Cheesy

But the fork at 100k is exactly going to happen as planned.

Tests are proceeding, and I'll be ready when I'm 100% confident and have looked through everything.

Nothing shall go wrong.

So thanks for your patience. It won't take much longer.
(I'll probably drop the schematics of the new algo even before the update, since it has been well tested now)

Smiley
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
Quick question about mining with the wallet (probably already know the answer), if I close the wallet does mining start from scratch again when I reopen the wallet to mine or does it 'remember' where I left off.
So do I need to keep the wallet open and mining all the time..correct ?

You need the wallet running to mine.

Your first question doesn't apply to mining. Miner is generating random hashes many thousands of times every second. There's nothing to "remember".
Activity: 238
Quick question about mining with the wallet (probably already know the answer), if I close the wallet does mining start from scratch again when I reopen the wallet to mine or does it 'remember' where I left off.
So do I need to keep the wallet open and mining all the time..correct ?
Activity: 1151
Merit: 528
I've mined about 700 on my deskop in the past few weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1002
Looks like difficulty is skyrocketing  Shocked somebody probably already has a GPU miner but that could definitely change after block 100000.
Activity: 30
Hi developer I tried to contact you a few days ago and I missed your response I'm trying to fix my wallet it won't open it says (insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service) I have Windows 10 and 12 GB of RAM and it's been mining for over a 2 months and I just can't get it to open anymore I tried saving my wallet. Dat and my peers. Dat and reinstalling the wallet and I still haven't had any success and I've also increase my virtual memory.Thanks

Did you try to run the wallet as administrator?

Maybe also set another directory as blockchain directory by using the

-datadir

parameter.

Try a folder on your desktop.

Anyone else having these problems?

I have installed the wallet on a few computers running win10 64 pro without any probs. Also deleting, reinstalling and recovering from the wallet.dat was always a success.

@Rendrum187 I hope you find a solution to your problem!
Zettelkasten Dev
Hi developer I tried to contact you a few days ago and I missed your response I'm trying to fix my wallet it won't open it says (insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service) I have Windows 10 and 12 GB of RAM and it's been mining for over a 2 months and I just can't get it to open anymore I tried saving my wallet. Dat and my peers. Dat and reinstalling the wallet and I still haven't had any success and I've also increase my virtual memory.Thanks

Did you try to run the wallet as administrator?

Maybe also set another directory as blockchain directory by using the

-datadir

parameter.

Try a folder on your desktop.

Anyone else having these problems?
Activity: 561
Merit: 16
when are you going to release the 64bit windows wallet ?
Activity: 105
Zettelkasten Dev
Great idea.
Will this hamper the GPU miners...

Not really.

It depends on our success.

The main reason I'm doing these algo updates is to extend the cheap and fair mining period as far as possible into the future.
Everyone can decently mine ZETTEL right now, no need for initial hardware investments, no high electricity bill. And this should prevail even if we reach 1 GH/s net hash rate.
(even then you'll be able to find 1 block a week using an average CPU)

But should a time come where ZETTEL is on one or more exchanges with a decent price and corresponding hash rate, it may very well be that by then we'll have attracted our own resident GPU devs who will probably be able to invest a lot of their time coding new miners.

But even then, the question arises: will they drop their GPU miners for everyone to use, or use them themselves? Or will they sell it?
Will the GPU-community be ready to pay large amounts of money to hire a GPU dev? Over and over again?

Hmmmmm....

Most GPU devs I know are living like nomads, they are moving where profit can be made, often releasing one single GPU miner that is then used forever by the community, with no further updates since no other GPU will ever want to invest time again. They maybe do optimizations and performance improvements... but a complete rewrite of the hash algo? I think they will hate that because it might break their optimizations too....

Crypto moves fast, maybe if we keep up with its step we can outrun the GPU-horde, or - as is my stated goal - extend the fair and cheap CPU-mining phase as far as possible into the future, since this is very essential to the further success of the coin.

I guess we will have to on our toes not to miss the algo chain.

As a CPU-miner all you have to do is just update the wallet early enough. And the wallet itself will inform you about upcoming changes.
So there can't really be any mistakes.
But yes, if you - for whatever reason - fail to update the wallet, you'll be mining on the wrong chain.
Pages:
Jump to: