Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Zettelkasten - ZTTL, New Algo: BurgerHash V6 🍔, CPU-SOLO-mineable - page 52. (Read 51018 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 0
Like what you are trying to do, but 10 hours in and you have 33MH/s network hash rate, when a typical i5 will give about 100kH/s, so either there are about 300 individual PCs mining or you didn't account for botnets and farms.

Also, running my CPU at 80-90% utilization is not great.

Will come back if this becomes GPU mineable, until then, you're in the hands of the cpu farms my friend.

I don't think CPU farms (or in the future GPU farms) are to be blamed.
They are just part of nature.
And good for them to achieve that high hash rate.
That's not the problem.

The real problem I see while looking through the IP-addresses of 500 connections (4 full nodes each fully occupied with 125 incoming connections) is that such CPU farms let each of their computers make a separate connection with an outside full node, so I often see 5 times, 6 times.... 8 times the same IP (but with different port) within the same full node using up available connections that could serve many more people instead.

That's the reason why so many complain about not being able to sync.
Because that is what takes away much needed open connections from everyone else,
and it also doesn't even really serve the CPU farms themselves.
They could just as easily have similar results by having all their local nodes in a local network and connect all of them with just one full node (well-connected to the outside) and still achieve the same results regarding block propagation and hash rate. This kind of local centralization might even help them reduce orphan generation (all their sub-nodes will know at the exact same time that work of a new height has to be calculated).

So I think I'm going to try the following:

I will add some functionality that will allow full node operators to set a limit to how often the same IP is allowed to have incoming connections with them.
Full nodes will then be able to automatically deny incoming connections from IPs they already have a set amount of connections with.
Something like...

Code:
setmaxconnectionsfromIP=2

Hmm.... let's see if something like this is already hidden in the code somewhere... those bitcoin devs have lots of stuff lying around in there... lol

while i support the idea, you will essentially block some VPNs here. which I guess is okay. we should move this to telegram or discord though.
Activity: 490
Merit: 103
From my experience, for those who use windown. After opening your wallet, please wait patiently for about 30 minutes (or more) then wallet will begin to sync.  Grin
Activity: 460
Merit: 12
can you open pool,from this time,PC CPU is hard to get block,because the hashrate are more than 55MH/S.

No one can open a pool until the stratum miners are modified to support this new algo.
Activity: 46
can you open pool,from this time,PC CPU is hard to get block,because the hashrate are more than 55MH/S.
Activity: 486
Zettelkasten Dev
How SpreadDoubleKetchup is better than other Algos?

Can other Algos do those fart-noises like when you squeeze Ketchup out of a bottle?

No?

There you go.
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
more than 6 hours mining and zero balance whats wrong  Huh

What's your hashrate? The network hashrate is over 60 MH/s, even with a high-end CPU you'd likely find only a few blocks a day.

I mine with laptop with 120 kH/s and get 2 blocks in 4 hours, but I get 3 blocks in 4 hours with my server with 80kH/s Speed, it depend on luck
Activity: 309
Merit: 15
How SpreadDoubleKetchup is better than other Algos?
Zettelkasten Dev
I hardly think this has been taken over by farms at this point. The dev mentioned that he has hundreds of connections and this thread has been seen by over 1000 people, so it's not unusual that so many individuals have started mining this. It's a popular launch. When the network hashrate reaches 1 GH/s then you can complain about farms. Until then it's still possible to find blocks even with an average PC.

It's probably a mixture of everything, but your guess is as good as mine.

IP clusters point to some concentration in the hands of mid-sized farms,
then there are certainly many little guys because of the popularity,
and last but not least there is the distinct possibility that some GPU dev has already created a miner and is probably hashing away at 20 MH/s on a single GTX 1080 Ti (my estimation).

If you exist, GPU dev, I salute you!

But all that doesn't bother me, what is more important is the connection issue and that all those in-wallet-CPU miners of the CPU-farms are eating away connectivity.
I'm eager to find a solution to that.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
You seem knowledgable about hash rates. SpreadDoubleKetchup. How does it compare to Bitcoin SHA256 algorithm? Do you think it is maybe 1/4th the hashrate of SHA256 using same CPU?

I hardly think this has been taken over by farms at this point. The dev mentioned that he has hundreds of connections and this thread has been seen by over 1000 people, so it's not unusual that so many individuals have started mining this. It's a popular launch. When the network hashrate reaches 1 GH/s then you can complain about farms. Until then it's still possible to find blocks even with an average PC.
Like what you are trying to do, but 10 hours in and you have 33MH/s network hash rate, when a typical i5 will give about 100kH/s, so either there are about 300 individual PCs mining or you didn't account for botnets and farms.

Will come back if this becomes GPU mineable, until then, you're in the hands of the cpu farms my friend.

Activity: 44
Merit: 1
In your wallet -- in the mining tab I believe -- you should see an estimate of your time between blocks.  On my 6-core 3.6GHz ryzen running 12 threads my estimate is over 3 hours between blocks now.  There are several hundred computers mining this now.  My dual-core 3.8GHz skylake has about  7 hours of mining so far without any blocks.  

Chalk it up to the mixed blessing of an attractive and mineable fair coin launch!

What's your hashrate? The network hashrate is over 60 MH/s, even with a high-end CPU you'd likely find only a few blocks a day.
Activity: 40
Zettelkasten Dev

I don't think CPU farms (or in the future GPU farms) are to be blamed.
They are just part of nature.
And good for them to achieve that high hash rate.
That's not the problem.

The real problem I see while looking through the IP-addresses of 500 connections (4 full nodes each fully occupied with 125 incoming connections) is that such CPU farms let each of their computers make a separate connection with an outside full node, so I often see 5 times, 6 times.... 8 times the same IP (but with different port) within the same full node using up available connections that could serve many more people instead.

That's the reason why so many complain about not being able to sync.
Because that is what takes away much needed open connections from everyone else,
and it also doesn't even really serve the CPU farms themselves.
They could just as easily have similar results by having all their local nodes in a local network and connect all of them with just one full node (well-connected to the outside) and still achieve the same results regarding block propagation and hash rate. This kind of local centralization might even help them reduce orphan generation (all their sub-nodes will know at the exact same time that work of a new height has to be calculated).

So I think I'm going to try the following:

I will add some functionality that will allow full node operators to set a limit to how often the same IP is allowed to have incoming connections with them.
Full nodes will then be able to automatically deny incoming connections from IPs they already have a set amount of connections with.
Something like...

Code:
setmaxconnectionsfromIP=2

Hmm.... let's see if something like this is already hidden in the code somewhere... those bitcoin devs have lots of stuff lying around in there... lol
Activity: 74

Activity: 207
wait for the pool
and for the cpu more than 32 cores
Activity: 108
The open pool will be discarded, and there will be cloud computing in the pool
Activity: 274
Merit: 1
Help! Can you provide some nodes to add? Wallet don't sync at all  Sad
Activity: 18