Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Zettelkasten - ZTTL, New Algo: BurgerHash V6 🍔, CPU-SOLO-mineable - page 51. (Read 51018 times)

Activity: 460
Merit: 12
while i support the idea, you will essentially block some VPNs here. which I guess is okay. we should move this to telegram or discord though.

Not block, just limit/restrict and only on a per-full-node basis.
And voluntary, you can set up your own full node any way you like.

Much like I sure as hell want to block multiple access from the same IP on all my full nodes right now.  Grin

So I started working on this. I'm getting this done.

Ok, I guess I'll be the first to say this then. Considering the amount of headaches so far, would you consider re-starting the whole thing?

Why would he restart? The launch was smooth and fair. I've not had any problems connecting as others are mentioning. Sometimes it takes a while (as with other wallets), but eventually you'll get a connection.

Sounds like you just want a restart because you weren't here quick enough  Grin
Activity: 486
Zettelkasten Dev
Ok, I guess I'll be the first to say this then. Considering the amount of headaches so far, would you consider re-starting the whole thing?

lol, and I don't like the hair of your newborn baby, so would you consider aborting it and try again?  Grin

That's how you sound.

ZETTEL runs well.
Network is strong, hashalgo works fine.
But too many people want to jump on this boat too quick.
But that's not a problem really, that's just a consequence of success!
Zettelkasten Dev
txid
48408941674b623fa56f578d3030e059832bbde403ced6c456f20ff18c8669e
(handtyped it could be wrong, sorry its not more, just 1 machine mining here)

I have sent the donation to dev.
How to run full node?, I'm still newbie at this  Angry

Thanks everyone for your donations.

A guy I know is providing another 2 full nodes. Will take an hour or so. Or longer, I can't control this.

But it should provide room for another 250 connections.... that will sadly be used up by CPU farms in no time, so stay ready.
Always keep your wallet running, even if it isn't syncing, its IP is probably already cycling around and just waiting for a free slot.
Zettelkasten Dev
+1 I support the idea of limiting IP connections.  People with CPU mining farms behind a single router will lose out, and maybe there will be other stuff to complain about.  But think about this:

Right now, in crypto, you can only get value from being DIFFERENT.  Obviously we cannot predict if limiting connections from an IP is good or bad, but you have almost nothing to lose from trying it.  Maybe it will prove to be a big solution to stopping concentration of mining power.

That's not what I'm aiming for though.

I see no real problem with concentration of mining power in a CPU Farm.
(though the problem will get much more serious with CPU Pools)

And my solution will not make CPU mining farms behind a single router lose out.
They can still use that one exposed IP to make a hundred or more connections to other nodes.

Nobody will get punished.

I just want to stop this stupid design error that allows predominantly CPU farms to clog and waste available connections that they themselves don't even really need.

This problem right now serves no one, it only hurts the small guy that comes along and can't connect.
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
while i support the idea, you will essentially block some VPNs here. which I guess is okay. we should move this to telegram or discord though.

Much like I sure as hell want to block multiple access from the same IP on all my full nodes right now.  Grin

Zettelkasten Dev

Much like I sure as hell want to block multiple access from the same IP on all my full nodes right now.  Grin

Activity: 233
wallet have no connection to network, how to deal with it?
Activity: 1204
Merit: 252
more than 6 hours mining and zero balance whats wrong  Huh

What's your hashrate? The network hashrate is over 60 MH/s, even with a high-end CPU you'd likely find only a few blocks a day.

Even with low hashrate should not I have mined something? Because of the difficulty of the coin in being a new coin, it should have undermined some coin ?
Activity: 10
this is starting to become a pain in the ass... Wallet won't sync.. 0 active connections... now after 9 hours still No block source available.. tried mining, literally did nothing in the wallet... like can we get some updates or help? idk what i'm doing wrong... never had a problem before syncing wallets and mining before ANY algo's... I've been mining pigeoncoin no problem all day, but wanted to run this instead, but pigeoncoin is just as new as this and so much smoother to run
Activity: 460

Open your port 51339 and leave the daemon running.
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
Forget-about-it
speed report:
single server with 2x E5-2680
600k/hash on 38 threads
was able to solve some blocks in the past day
I opened my port on my router but im inside a virtual machine and im not to network savvy on those. I had 8 ~connections. sorry i cant help more, i did put it in as server in the conf.

Also:

*Bump*

To all the great miners out there:
Since we had a fair start please donate to address
ZetterxMoFb2crhpMgRCHkivyrbapnQpzJ
for development funding.
Thank you.
It has been a long day, everything seems stable and working alright, so see you guys later.
txid
48408941674b623fa56f578d3030e059832bbde403ced6c456f20ff18c8669e
(handtyped it could be wrong, sorry its not more, just 1 machine mining here)
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
cpu mining so we can mine this coin without any graphics card right

Yes.
Download the windows wallet and go to the "mining" tab.
There you can start the CPU miner.

Doesn't get more easy than that.

GPU-miners will be available soon though.
I will collaborate with a GPU miner dev to create a built-in-GPU miner.

I will keep you updated.

When you get the GPU miner up and running will it have a 'dev fee' built in like Claymore has, if you do go this way it might be an idea to have an option to select the 'dev fee' amount you would like to donate, like zero Smiley
Activity: 15
How SpreadDoubleKetchup is better than other Algos?

Can other Algos do those fart-noises like when you squeeze Ketchup out of a bottle?

No?

There you go.

I can't stop laughing at this!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 85

What's your hashrate? The network hashrate is over 60 MH/s, even with a high-end CPU you'd likely find only a few blocks a day.

I mine with laptop with 120 kH/s and get 2 blocks in 4 hours, but I get 3 blocks in 4 hours with my server with 80kH/s Speed, it depend on luck

I have ryzen 1700 one on windows who get arround 200khs and second on linux with 300khs. Tested with server who has 2 cpu and that easy get 600-700khs so i can say 60mhs is rly low diff for this coin.

thats right. ryzen 1950 gets around 560khs on 31 threads
Activity: 216
Merit: 101
Activity: 445
Merit: 250

I mine with laptop with 120 kH/s and get 2 blocks in 4 hours, but I get 3 blocks in 4 hours with my server with 80kH/s Speed, it depend on luck

I have ryzen 1700 one on windows who get arround 200khs and second on linux with 300khs. Tested with server who has 2 cpu and that easy get 600-700khs so i can say 60mhs is rly low diff for this coin.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
Like what you are trying to do, but 10 hours in and you have 33MH/s network hash rate, when a typical i5 will give about 100kH/s, so either there are about 300 individual PCs mining or you didn't account for botnets and farms.

Also, running my CPU at 80-90% utilization is not great.

Will come back if this becomes GPU mineable, until then, you're in the hands of the cpu farms my friend.

I don't think CPU farms (or in the future GPU farms) are to be blamed.
They are just part of nature.
And good for them to achieve that high hash rate.
That's not the problem.

The real problem I see while looking through the IP-addresses of 500 connections (4 full nodes each fully occupied with 125 incoming connections) is that such CPU farms let each of their computers make a separate connection with an outside full node, so I often see 5 times, 6 times.... 8 times the same IP (but with different port) within the same full node using up available connections that could serve many more people instead.

That's the reason why so many complain about not being able to sync.
Because that is what takes away much needed open connections from everyone else,
and it also doesn't even really serve the CPU farms themselves.
They could just as easily have similar results by having all their local nodes in a local network and connect all of them with just one full node (well-connected to the outside) and still achieve the same results regarding block propagation and hash rate. This kind of local centralization might even help them reduce orphan generation (all their sub-nodes will know at the exact same time that work of a new height has to be calculated).

So I think I'm going to try the following:

I will add some functionality that will allow full node operators to set a limit to how often the same IP is allowed to have incoming connections with them.
Full nodes will then be able to automatically deny incoming connections from IPs they already have a set amount of connections with.
Something like...

Code:
setmaxconnectionsfromIP=2

Hmm.... let's see if something like this is already hidden in the code somewhere... those bitcoin devs have lots of stuff lying around in there... lol

+1 I support the idea of limiting IP connections.  People with CPU mining farms behind a single router will lose out, and maybe there will be other stuff to complain about.  But think about this:

Right now, in crypto, you can only get value from being DIFFERENT.  Obviously we cannot predict if limiting connections from an IP is good or bad, but you have almost nothing to lose from trying it.  Maybe it will prove to be a big solution to stopping concentration of mining power.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Wallet not synh. Whay add node ?
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Help! Can you provide some nodes to add? Wallet don't sync at all  Sad

I think, there is not everything in order with the internal functions of the wallet.
it seems to be about to change soon and there will be no more problems.
Pages:
Jump to: