Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Zettelkasten - ZTTL, New Algo: BurgerHash V6 🍔, CPU-SOLO-mineable - page 50. (Read 51018 times)

Activity: 207
Merit: 0
It is a nice coin
when would be GPU miner and pool?
Activity: 50
Is there a list of addNodes yet?  I just keep seeing connection time outs in my debug.log. Assume all the available nodes are at connection limit. Can't get wallet to sync on linux daemon. I was able to get my windows wallet working and mined a block yesterday but not my linux server.

Are you mining with another VM? There's a two IP limit. You can try addnode=localIP
if another node has the blockchain, point to the local IP. that's how I do it so I can mine with 4 computers.

So I can use the IP of my windows wallet that has the block chain and connect another computer on my local network to it using the Windows system IP un my local linux conf with addnode=windowslocalip?

Do I need to have other configs in place on the Windows box like RPC user or server mode?

Got it working thanks! So have Windows-QT wallet sync'd and running then in my local linux servers added addnode=windowslocalip to the zettelkasten.conf file.  Was able to sync blockchain and started mining.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 105
Launched wallet on Windows 7 VM but it doesn't sync, 0 active connections.
How to fix that?
Is there a list of addNodes yet?  I just keep seeing connection time outs in my debug.log. Assume all the available nodes are at connection limit. Can't get wallet to sync on linux daemon. I was able to get my windows wallet working and mined a block yesterday but not my linux server.

Are you mining with another VM? There's a two IP limit. You can try addnode=localIP
if another node has the blockchain, point to the local IP. that's how I do it so I can mine with 4 computers.

So I can use the IP of my windows wallet that has the block chain and connect another computer on my local network to it using the Windows system IP un my local linux conf with addnode=windowslocalip?

Do I need to have other configs in place on the Windows box like RPC user or server mode?
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
As I said repeatedly I don't think it's hard for a GPU dev to create a miner.
It's just a combination of Spreadcoin's Spread feature and Double-Keccak-512.

Let's wait and see... if there isn't one available within a week it means that that GPU dev is using his miner to mine a little ZETTEL for himself for a while.

There was a 4M bounty for HTMLCOIN GPU miner, but the GPU devs just kept the binary to themselves. It only became public when multiple GPU devs appeared. There's no incentive to share a GPU miner. You should realize the fruits of your labor...

Activity: 486
Merit: 12
Zettelkasten Dev
doesn't it just mean someone needs to create a a mod to double keccak algorithm and create a new algorithm called SDK?  This coin either sounds like an InNOut burger or an xxx rated coin. we had three GPU devs built a GPU miner for HTMLCOIN which was a hybrid Bitcoin & Ethereum. What is the mod you did that makes it unfriendly to pools?

Haha, yes the hashalgo does sound like that.
But keep in mind that the coin's name itself is ZettelKasten.
I try to avoid the abbreviation SDK, since it's widely used for something else.

As I said repeatedly I don't think it's hard for a GPU dev to create a miner.
It's just a combination of Spreadcoin's Spread feature and Double-Keccak-512.

Let's wait and see... if there isn't one available within a week it means that that GPU dev is using his miner to mine a little ZETTEL for himself for a while.

And who can blame him...

Grin
pool operators are probably waiting for this coin to get out of CPU-phase and enter GPU-phase before they list it.
Though I'm not sure it makes much difference for their setup-process.

doesn't it just mean someone needs to create a a mod to double keccak algorithm and create a new algorithm called SDK?  This coin either sounds like an InNOut burger or an xxx rated coin. we had three GPU devs built a GPU miner for HTMLCOIN which was a hybrid Bitcoin & Ethereum. What is the mod you did that makes it unfriendly to pools?
Zettelkasten Dev
Hi! I like your project, think it's can go far =)

Gonna setup few full nodes after work on my VDS.

Great.
PM me the IPs when you are done.

We need more full nodes, or some new people might give up and leave, which would be sad.

Dev, can you please make a telegram chat and write the link in ann? It would be great to start chatting with community.

Not much time for chats at the moment. But I'll set something up at a later time...
Zettelkasten Dev
any news about pool ?

pool operators are probably waiting for this coin to get out of CPU-phase and enter GPU-phase before they list it.
Though I'm not sure it makes much difference for their setup-process.

What will require a little bit of extra-work from them is to circumvent spread's pool-discouragement mechanism.
(it's what puts the "Spread" in SpreadDoubleKetchup)
This alone will make most pool-operators not want to go the extra mile.

Spreadcoin dev told me a month ago that it's possible and that it has been done before, but that it's messy.

Let's see who will do it.  Smiley

Meanwhile we have ca 1440 blocks per day on average and a low enough net hashrate that should allow anyone to find atleast a block a day solo-mining.

Happy mining.
Zettelkasten Dev
what was the original port that was used with the wallet, was it 9050? I changed mine to 51339, deleted my peer file, deleted my whole zettelkasten folder from roaming and tried to reinstall the wallet to try to start fresh... still 0 connections and no block source available and now 40 hours behind on the blockchain.. maybe if I change my port back to the original port it might help syncing, idk I'm so confused, literally left it on all night while at work for 10 hours and didn't do a thing... plz help =(

no, the default port is and always will be 51339

Not sure why you'd ever assume it is 9050.

Just keep your wallet active and running, while more and more people set up full nodes.
I see its number increase over time not decrease, so that's good news.

I will add further reserves but I'm getting close to my limit.

You can help by donating.

To all the great miners out there:

Since we had a fair start please donate to address

ZetterxMoFb2crhpMgRCHkivyrbapnQpzJ

for development funding.

Thank you.
Activity: 10
what was the original port that was used with the wallet, was it 9050? I changed mine to 51339, deleted my peer file, deleted my whole zettelkasten folder from roaming and tried to reinstall the wallet to try to start fresh... still 0 connections and no block source available and now 40 hours behind on the blockchain.. maybe if I change my port back to the original port it might help syncing, idk I'm so confused, literally left it on all night while at work for 10 hours and didn't do a thing... plz help =(
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
Installed Windows wallet on my PC running an Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz quad core CPU and it's mining at about 62 kH/s, it was 66 Kh/s 15 hours ago when I first started mining, guess difficulty is going up, and I've got 19.98 Zettel already, lovely.
Can't wait for the GPU miner to be released.
Activity: 11
Hi! I like your project, think it's can go far =)

Gonna setup few full nodes after work on my VDS.

Dev, can you please make a telegram chat and write the link in ann? It would be great to start chatting with community.
Zettelkasten Dev
2 new full nodes set up and running.
Should help connectivity slightly, atleast for a few hours.  Roll Eyes

I think now enough full nodes are available although they will all be fully occupied.
But just let your wallet run and as those nodes disconnect connections from time to time, they will give someone else a chance,
but only if you are AROUND!

Get it?
Zettelkasten Dev
Sounds like you just want a restart because you weren't here quick enough  Grin

That's what it sounds to me too.  Grin Grin

Anyway, more full nodes and new windows, linux and mac qt-wallets and daemons coming

BTW, it's gonna take 30 days before this forum will allow me to post pictures, so bear with me. Not that it matters right now, but soon.
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
What the main/next project is?
From what I know is:
- New algo
- Free payment fee
- Fast transfer
- Low Supply (IMO)
But Slow to getting block node for new wallet
Good on you mate, do what you want to do, no worries here. No need to be a dick about it though...

Wouldn't you agree asking someone to restart a blockchain just for you is kind of dickish too? What about EVERYONE ELSE that has invested time and resources into this?
Activity: 74
Ok, I guess I'll be the first to say this then. Considering the amount of headaches so far, would you consider re-starting the whole thing?

lol, and I don't like the hair of your newborn baby, so would you consider aborting it and try again?  Grin

That's how you sound.

ZETTEL runs well.
Network is strong, hashalgo works fine.
But too many people want to jump on this boat too quick.
But that's not a problem really, that's just a consequence of success!

Good on you mate, do what you want to do, no worries here. No need to be a dick about it though...
Pages:
Jump to: