Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Zettelkasten - ZTTL, New Algo: BurgerHash V6 🍔, CPU-SOLO-mineable - page 54. (Read 51018 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Activity: 49
Where is the site for the project?
Activity: 124
Merit: 10
Good if it is no scammy ico and masternode. It will be like oldschool coin which really fair
Activity: 486
Merit: 12
Zettelkasten Dev
Activity: 21
Good to see.
I have seen some coins that looked like they had great prospects for what they aimed to do, then they had a MasterNode sale, and no more input from the dev.
Such a shame too, if these coins were used for what they were intended, and not just scams to get rich quick and run.

Hardcoding? Don't know what that means, but now I wish I knew how I could have done the port forwarding thing. Doh.
Zettelkasten Dev
Is there any ICO or masternode?

I hope no

NEVER!

NEVER EVER!

This coin is oldschool, like the 80s.
And with lots of Ketchup!
SpreadDoubleKetchup that is.

I'm going retro on your asses, and with style.
Back to first principles!
Activity: 460

I hope no

No, this is not an ICO or masternode presale scam coin, what a nice change.
Activity: 124

I hope no
Activity: 460
Daemon n mining on ubuntu not work,...plz help me step by step Cheesy Cheesy

Hi, please see my post on page 2.

Edit: If you want to be able to enter RPC commands, you need to add
Code:
daemon=1
server=1
to your .conf file. Then when you run ./zettelkastend it will start as a background process.

For instance, once the daemon has started, enter
Code:
./zettelkastend getmininginfo
to see your hashrate and other stats.
Zettelkasten Dev
going through 200 IPs here, pinging you each a hello and checking your port 51339.  Cheesy

I'm surprised how many have their port open, you guys are awesome, so I'm hardcoding you.

I will have a new windows-wallet with better connectivity ready in 15 minutes or so.

I had no issue syncing the blockchain. I just ran the QT wallet in Windows and it just started syncing. Not sure why you're having issues... I'm not seeing it myself.

Situation has improved in the meantime.  Grin
Activity: 15
Daemon n mining on ubuntu not work,...plz help me step by step Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
I had no issue syncing the blockchain. I just ran the QT wallet in Windows and it just started syncing. Not sure why you're having issues... I'm not seeing it myself.

all this is excellent, but tell me why I again lost the connection? 0 active connections ...

Because the dev built some kind of backasswards product that requires port forwarding to sync blocks. What decade is this? Shit, in what decade did you have to port forward to DOWNLOAD?
Zettelkasten Dev
Can you generate to a specific address or it will just mine to wallet.dat for that local Linux?

Create an address in your wallet.
In the Debug-window dump it with

Code:
dumpprivkey

It will output your privatekey, then put this into your conf-file like this:

Code:
miningprivkey=
Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
Can you generate to a specific address or it will just mine to wallet.dat for that local Linux?

I download Linux-Daemon: http://zettelkasten.org/zettelkastend.7z . and now?
a little guide for ubuntu 16 please

Smiley

1. Run the daemon
Code:
./zettelkastend
It will provide you with a random username and password, copy these down.
2. Navigate to .zettelkasten in home directory
3. Create zettelkasten.conf file in this directory and add the username and password provided earlier to this document.
4. Also add this to the .conf file:
Code:
gen=1
genproclimit=-1
4. Run daemon again.

Nothing seems to be happening after I run ./zettelkastend

Okay, just tested it myself, this coin does not require a username or password in the .conf file. Just close zettelkastend (ctrl-c), create the .conf file, and add the information from step 4. Then run the daemon again.

Nothing will happen visibly, but the daemon is syncing the blockchain and mining in the background. If genproclimit=-1 does not use all of your processors, just enter the number of threads instead of "-1".
Activity: 168
Get Listed in https://coinscontrol.com exchange for just 0.25 BTC
Activity: 21
How long until a coin is found?
It looks like everything is working my end, but I don't know.
Didn't need to open any ports for the wallet to sync, don't really know how to either.
Activity: 37

The solution is to not only leech but to also seed (open your port).

addnode entries in the conf file don't result in my win clients connecting to my daemon. My daemon STILL has only 7 connections. I'd stand up more daemons with open ports on other vps boxes but I just don't trust what is occurring. I'm halting this daemon.

I'm a nub or whatever, but this launch has me questioning things I've had the luxury of not questioning for any other launch.
Zettelkasten Dev
I stood up a Linux daemon with 51339 open and synced nearly instantly. I stood up 2 windows wallets without 51339 and they both failed to sync until I forwarded 51339. You have a problem with your wallet and that's the primary reason why everyone here is complaining about a peers list.

A Linux daemon on a VPS will run by default in server-mode.

A windows-app on a Desktop-PC will be restricted by the system itself, it will by default not allow incoming connections.

Not even the newest windows bitcoin wallet does that.   Grin

Once more:

It has nothing to do with your system, but whether you allow both incoming and outgoing connections, or ONLY outgoing.

If you are only "leeching" on other nodes, then at one point all available connections of all full nodes will be used up.

The solution is to not only leech but to also seed (open your port).
Activity: 37
I stood up a Linux daemon with 51339 open and synced nearly instantly. I stood up 2 windows wallets without 51339 and they both failed to sync until I forwarded 51339. You have a problem with your wallet and that's the primary reason why everyone here is complaining about a peers list.

/edit: my daemon currently has 7 active connections... if the network is this starved of full nodes, I'd be well above 7 conns
Zettelkasten Dev
I don't know if I'm some kind of luddite but when I launch a wallet I expect it to connect and start downloading blocks without any work on my behalf. This is the first wallet I've come across where I'm expected to do some port forwarding just to get synching and that honestly feels purposely obtuse.

I think you misunderstand.

You are not required to open a port to sync, but enough full nodes (with open port) need to exist or else we are maxxed out.

I already have nearly 300 people connecting to my 2 nodes, don't you get it?

More full nodes (that allow incoming connections) need to be set up, and then the problem will resolve itself.

So currently I am creating more nodes, but this will take time / money and more than anything else: more volunteers to run full nodes themselves

Anyway, help is coming!  Grin

Pages:
Jump to: