Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation - page 90. (Read 271641 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Hey guys, looking to make the jump to the X11 coins. Can anyone please confirm that HiroCoin gets 0.005 BTC/mh/s/day?
nope, more like 0.004 at best
Activity: 265
Merit: 250
Hey guys, looking to make the jump to the X11 coins. Can anyone please confirm that HiroCoin gets 0.005 BTC/mh/s/day?
Activity: 308
Hey guys just say this posted over in the DGB forum:

We are not completely sure the X11 algorithm is the best one to use right now. The fact that GPU's run cooler on it does not mean it is more efficient by any means. It simply means the existing X11 mining software code is not optimized and is not fully utilizing the GPUs hashing power.

We also have a strong belief that there is a private miner out there fully utilizing their GPU's with a custom coded miner gaining mining advantages over every one else. And if there is not, there will be one shortly.

A similar thing occurred when people first started mining Bitcoin with GPUs.

Does this mean that we can expect the GPU miners for X11 to get even better as time goes on, or is this person making connections that do not exist?

Phad.
Activity: 364
Pre-sale - March 18
Apropo of nothing, is anyone getting excited about the upcoming Goat simulator?

Goat Simulator

This is my friends making it Smiley
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
We're not in Wonderland anymore Alice
https://hic.crunchharder.net dash still f***ed to hell, I switched pool
Im fine with suprnova, few days without any issue
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Activity: 66
Why are you using a 280x's tc? 7950s should either have multiples of 1792 (shader count).

Yes I know but for some reason it gives me the most stable config so I just stuck with.
Activity: 66

Why are you using a 280x's tc? 7950s should either have multiples of 1792 (shader count).

[/quote]

Yes I know but for some reason it gives me the most stable config so I've just stuck with.
Activity: 126
Was there an issue with the suprnova pool last night? I woke up this morning and was disconnected. Lost hours of mining time.  Cry

Always add a backup pool

Thank you for the reply. Can you please instruct me on how to have it switch automatically to another pool when my main one goes down?  Thank you.

Post your bat config.

Thanks for the reply. I actually figured it out already and fixed it using the instructions from here http://mincoinforum.com/index.php/topic/269-add-a-backup-pool-to-your-miner/    Thanks for bringing it to my attention though. Take care.

Glad you corrected it. Easy as pie!
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003
Was there an issue with the suprnova pool last night? I woke up this morning and was disconnected. Lost hours of mining time.  Cry

Always add a backup pool

Thank you for the reply. Can you please instruct me on how to have it switch automatically to another pool when my main one goes down?  Thank you.

Post your bat config.

Thanks for the reply. I actually figured it out already and fixed it using the instructions from here http://mincoinforum.com/index.php/topic/269-add-a-backup-pool-to-your-miner/    Thanks for bringing it to my attention though. Take care.
Activity: 209
Merit: 5
Price will get lower and lower as long as the volume is that low. Until scrypt ASICs hit, i dont think this trend will change.

maybe if we microwave it it will start going back up? lol.  I am not so sure about that claim.  This coin has a lot more plusG-money-pros than most coins.

Always add a backup pool

Post your bat config.
no volume = no increasing Roll Eyes

You're a genius. 
I did not think of it until now that is a really good idea.  CGminer (and sgminer) is not really compatable with nvidia at all.  Please look into this if at all possible.

lol @ superman fail scrypton.

also if anyone wants to know an easy way to calculate your coinperday for pools it takes no longer than a minute to do, usually twenty seconds.

obviously theres math involved but it is a cool trick I learned in highschool somewhere I think.  All you have to know if your hashrate for that specific algorithm

Take               [coinsperday of someone in pool]    =  [your coins per day]
                [corresponding hashrate of that somebody]         [your hashrate]  

Then you "cross multiply" and then solve for the [your coins per day] since that will be the only unknown.

For example you look at a pool and someone has 10,000 mhs and they are making roughly 500 hirocoins.  You know your hashrate is 5000 mhs.

You set up the problem like this.    

[500hic]   =   [ x  ]
                      [10,000mhs]   [5,000 mhs]

Note that you can actually have coins on the bottom and hash on the top, just as long as you have the same units on the top and the bottom on both sides.

cross multiply (multiply from bottom to top, 'across' the equal sign) and you get

[500 hic] • [5,000mhs] = [10,000mhs][ x ]

2,500,000 = 10,000 • x  
                         250 = x

"•" used for multiplication symbol for clarity.

This is a simple example of course anyone with half a brain can see that 10,000 divided by 2 is 5,000 but using easy numbers makes it easier to understand.

Activity: 448
About to look at building a 32-bit CPU miners that has been requested on the Hirocoin forum then to take a dabble at the Cuda miner to scope the work required for an X11 NVidia miner. That would be a great win for X11 in my opinion. If anyone knows a Cuda coder let me know.

Doing this will bring this coin to the next milestone... the community NEEDS an Nvidia miner! Smiley

Good luck, i wish i had something to offer.

Send me your HIC/HIRO addy, i'll toss you a few coins for developing it.
Activity: 98
Code:
sgminer.exe -k darkcoin -g 2 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-memclock 1375 --gpu-engine 1080 --gpu-powertune d --auto-fan --gpu-fan 50-100 --temp-overheat 75 --temp-cutoff 85 --intensity 13

1.8mh on my 7950's.
Browsing, movies, games (although it decrease a little bit if, 1.5-1.6, I start a game i.e. PoE) and don't feel it at all.

Anyways just wanted to give another specc.
But like someone said previously. Should try and play a bit to find the one that works good for you. Smiley

Anyway you seem to get better perf than me, the main difference is gpu-engine, might try to up it a bit.

On a related note, i'm mining on https://hic.crunchharder.net/ but the dashboard is all over the place, not being up to date with blocks and showing 0 shares for me even though my worker is mining(even according to the site dash itself) and sgminer registering tons of accepted.

Anybody else having the same prob?
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

Always add a backup pool

Activity: 140
Apropo of nothing, is anyone getting excited about the upcoming Goat simulator?

Goat Simulator

Always add a backup pool
Pages:
Jump to: