Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][APT] Aptcoin★ASIC Resistant Scrypt In-Motion(NM) w/Aptcurve Retargeting - page 18. (Read 56728 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Would appreciate it if someone could briefly summarise:
1) the strengths of this coin?
2) the weaknesses of this coin?
3) promises made? kept? any FUD?

To the dev(s), what will be the key original code/feature(s) in this coin? And are you going to provide "Proof of Developer" certification from cryptoasian:
http://cryptoasian.com/

And are the devs here real developers, or copy-paste devs or middlemen?
Activity: 44
Two wallets stuck at block 1743
Activity: 53
I don't think this thing is moving.  Surely someone has kicked out a block in the last four hours with difficulty this low.

Actually, the difficulty is rather high (relatively).  The network had been discovering blocks much quicker than the targeted rate, and has adjusted accordingly.  Scrypt-NM is also an experiment on variable block times aside from standard difficulty.  Currently, the network is working on hashing using an N-factor of 12 (which takes longer than lower values) at a relatively high difficulty.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1002
I don't think this thing is moving.  Surely someone has kicked out a block in the last four hours with difficulty this low.
Hi,

Block Reward ?
Any pools ?

Thx.

Block Reward= 42 Apt

I am in the process of setting up one, with modified stratum code, and custom hash algo. But for that we also need external cpu miners. Will see if I can get one working.

Is there a bounty for any of this?

Ok, so my modified stratum also adds the "nfactor" value to the stratum information (after clean_jobs) - I just need a CPU miner to implement this additional check.

The thing I am stuck on is that the normal cpuminer send the "midstate" to the scrypt function - but there is no midstate parameter that I can see on the aptcoin one?

We are currently working on a modified cpuminer.  We will post it to github as soon as we get it working.  At the moment, we're only testing the getwork support, so if you're willing to help us test the stratum support, that would be appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Hi,

Block Reward ?
Any pools ?

Thx.

Block Reward= 42 Apt

I am in the process of setting up one, with modified stratum code, and custom hash algo. But for that we also need external cpu miners. Will see if I can get one working.

Ok, so my modified stratum also adds the "nfactor" value to the stratum information (after clean_jobs) - I just need a CPU miner to implement this additional check.

The thing I am stuck on is that the normal cpuminer send the "midstate" to the scrypt function - but there is no midstate parameter that I can see on the aptcoin one?
legendary
Activity: 938
Hi,

Block Reward ?
Any pools ?

Thx.

Block Reward= 42 Apt

Activity: 251
Merit: 250
Activity: 224
Would appreciate it if you could briefly summarise:
1) the strengths of this coin?
2) the weaknesses of this coin?
3) promises made? kept? any FUD?

Specifically to the dev(s), what will be the key original code/feature(s) in this coin?
You're using a newbie account. Will you be providing "Proof of Developer"? http://cryptoasian.com/coin-list/
Do you have C++ expertise?
Activity: 25
Activity: 147
Hi,

Block Reward ?
Any pools ?

Thx.
finally found a block on 3 cpus mining all day. hooray!

Great!  The difficulty has raised quite high since release, but it sounds like you're on the right track.
Activity: 166
finally found a block on 3 cpus mining all day. hooray!
Here's a command line (aptcoind) overview that might help:

Aptcoin basics:

Compiling on Debian/Ubuntu:

Code:
sudo apt-get install ntp git build-essential libssl-dev libdb-dev libdb++-dev libboost-all-dev libqrencode-dev
git clone https://github.com/aptcoin/aptcoin.git
cd aptcoin/src
make -f makefile.unix

Create config file:

Win7: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\aptcoin\aptcoin.conf
OS X: /home/User/Library/Application Support/aptcoin/aptcoin.conf
Linux: /home/User/.aptcoin/aptcoin.conf

Code:
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=rpcuser
rpcpassword=rpcpass
addnode=199.127.225.232
addnode=199.127.225.195
addnode=199.127.225.191
addnode=50.7.47.93
addnode=50.56.225.246

Running a full Aptcoin node:

Code:
./aptcoind -daemon

Running a full Aptcoin node (while also mining):

Code:
./aptcoind -daemon -gen

Checking the status and confirmed balance:

Code:
./aptcoind getinfo

Showing combined confirmed and immature balance:

Code:
./aptcoind listaccounts

Showing mining info (your hashrate, network hashrate, etc):

Code:
./aptcoind getmininginfo

How to Send 10.25 APT to an address:

Code:
./aptcoind sendtoaddress AHc5z43eY5v6n2NTguVzyWkVtUrm1qvRYc 10.25
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Very interesting coin
I'm mining with wallet no blocks found yet though  Sad
Activity: 195
WINDOWS WALLET DOWNLOADED AND MINING HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOUR ACTUALLY MINING ANYTHING?? Huh
Ok so now it passed that error but i got another mentioning once_atomic somewhere on boost folder being undefined... i cant copy paste right now...

We haven't seen this error.  You're on the latest github source and building on Linux?  Are you trying to build the daemon alone or the QT wallet?  Can you remove your tree and start over and paste any error you're seeing when you get a chance?  Several of our machines are debian based and we are able to cleanly build both QT and the daemon on there.  What distro are you using?

I am on the latest github source and building on ubuntu 13.10. I am trying to build the daemon.

I am getting this:

obj/bitcoinrpc.o: In function `call_once':
/usr/local/include/boost/thread/pthread/once_atomic.hpp:145: undefined reference to `boost::thread_detail::enter_once_region(boost::once_flag&)'
/usr/local/include/boost/thread/pthread/once_atomic.hpp:157: undefined reference to `boost::thread_detail::commit_once_region(boost::once_flag&)'
/usr/local/include/boost/thread/pthread/once_atomic.hpp:153: undefined reference to `boost::thread_detail::rollback_once_region(boost::once_flag&)'
/usr/local/include/boost/thread/pthread/once_atomic.hpp:145: undefined reference to `boost::thread_detail::enter_once_region(boost::once_flag&)'
/usr/local/include/boost/thread/pthread/once_atomic.hpp:157: undefined reference to `boost::thread_detail::commit_once_region(boost::once_flag&)'
/usr/local/include/boost/thread/pthread/once_atomic.hpp:153: undefined reference to `boost::thread_detail::rollback_once_region(boost::once_flag&)'
obj/util.o: In function `call_once':
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [aptcoind] Error 1

It looks like a boost installation problem on your end.  A quick search found this, which may help:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/issues/3697

EDIT: Found another
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20726918/undefined-reference-to-boostthis-thread
legendary
Activity: 1428
getmonero.org
Ok so now it passed that error but i got another mentioning once_atomic somewhere on boost folder being undefined... i cant copy paste right now...

We haven't seen this error.  You're on the latest github source and building on Linux?  Are you trying to build the daemon alone or the QT wallet?  Can you remove your tree and start over and paste any error you're seeing when you get a chance?  Several of our machines are debian based and we are able to cleanly build both QT and the daemon on there.  What distro are you using?

I am on the latest github source and building on ubuntu 13.10. I am trying to build the daemon.

I am getting this:

obj/bitcoinrpc.o: In function `call_once':
obj/util.o: In function `call_once':
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [aptcoind] Error 1
Activity: 25
Wallet is not running on OSX Mavericks.

I'm on mavricks and it works, Have you made sure to import the .conf file into the library/application support/aptcoin?
Pages:
Jump to: