Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][APT] Aptcoin★ASIC Resistant Scrypt In-Motion(NM) w/Aptcurve Retargeting - page 14. (Read 56737 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

Cpuminer is an independent miner and has been in the github for some time now.

We're working on final testing for the new difficulty re-target algorithm as I type on testnet.  When that problem is solved, all else will follow.  We are targeting some point next week for the release, but since we'll need everyone to update the wallet, it won't take effect for a few days after that release.

TheCoinFinder dropped off the map so stratum testing for pools has ceased.  Anyone else want to volunteer to work with us and be the first Aptcoin pool available?

When can we expect the updated wallet? I am eagerly awaiting the direction this coin takes after the update so any info in that area would also be nice.

Thanks for your patience.  We're still in testing, but it should be ready in the next day or so.  Hang in there, big things to come, but since we are a totally new kind of coin, we are focusing our efforts on the backend so that things like pools and exchanges are possible.  All in due time.
Activity: 42
Forget about this coin ... that coin has no feature ... i stop mining it Smiley Another shitty ...

More coins for me!  Grin
Activity: 14
Forget about this coin ... that coin has no feature ... i stop mining it Smiley Another shitty ...
Activity: 42

We're working on final testing for the new difficulty re-target algorithm as I type on testnet.  When that problem is solved, all else will follow.  We are targeting some point next week for the release, but since we'll need everyone to update the wallet, it won't take effect for a few days after that release.

TheCoinFinder dropped off the map so stratum testing for pools has ceased.  Anyone else want to volunteer to work with us and be the first Aptcoin pool available?

When can we expect the updated wallet? I am eagerly awaiting the direction this coin takes after the update so any info in that area would also be nice.
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
APT has stuck here,no more progress for months.  Angry Angry
Activity: 34
/What good is a pool if you can still solo mine? But I agree, it would be nice to see this up on mintpal or something
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
no pool,no independent miner,no exchange.
It's a dead coin.

Why would anyone do that? The coin is worthless, you can't use it anywhere - no merchants accept it. It's not on a trade, so people who can't mine (or doesn't want to mine), can't get it. There is literally no PR and advertising, so it's only a small percentage that know of this coin (I found it by accident). The only outstanding feature of this coin is the algorithm, which in my book isn't groundbreaking and actually kinda stupid considering the amount of time and work you need to put into it, just to maintain a somewhat stable block generation. There is no roadmap, so we can't see what you have planned for this coin, let alone why anyone should invest in it. You didn't even bother to link to a compiled cpuminer in the OP.

This coin might be legit, but the work behind it stinks. I wouldn't expect it to survive the winter if this incompetent marketing scheme continues.

If you are in dire need of help, just ask.
Activity: 53
It's a dead coin.

Activity: 17
It's a dead coin.
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
I'm probably gonna drop mining this coin if it doesn't hit an exchange soon - only getting those nf13 blocks anyway.

looks that way, this is one beautiful stealth coin flying under the radar at the moment, GPU miner has not been created for it (I would know) GPU miner is feasible but it is really ASIC that matters, all in all everything is possible given sufficient market cap, but what is nice here is that anyone right now at least can accumulate and sit tight for it to go on exchanges and possible enhancements

stealth where? as far as I know, this coin is just as stealthy as litecoin.
I think they are saying this coin is a relatively unknown coin at the moment. I really think that some of the best coins long term are the ones which are not GPU mine-able right out of the blocks. It gives these coins time to grow, allows early adopters a chance to grab some blocks which are more fairly distributed and gives a real vested interest to those who mined e arly.

correct, the only way right now to corner this coin is two folds a) someone codes a GPU miner and attacks it head on with tremendous speed up
b) spend considerable amount of cash on cloud CPU instances

since we are not on any exchange yet, coin distribution continues on a low scale and into hands of many people (one would hope) remember this was Satoshi original dream  Cool

I see, stealth as for example cloak or black coin or cryptonight, a bit different meaning for the word here, although one could repeat dark coin design but do one really have to have yet another stealth coin ? or rather have thousands or millions of machines and each gets share of the pie.. its a semi philosophical question
My sentiments exactly. In satoshi's sort of utilitarian point of view the most good would be to allow everyone at it in the beginning to keep the coin as decentralized as possible. I have a couple computers thrown at this coin but by no means am I a large miner, yet I can solo and find blocks.

I do not necessarily agree that a coin like this could not have a stealth aspect to it while maintaining a fair decentralized distribution. I think that both could live in harmony, and if this Scrypt N motion algo really works out in the long run, I am sure there will be plenty of forks adding a stealth aspect on top. The question then becomes are these additions truly creating anonymity or just dark fluff
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

looks that way, this is one beautiful stealth coin flying under the radar at the moment, GPU miner has not been created for it (I would know) GPU miner is feasible but it is really ASIC that matters, all in all everything is possible given sufficient market cap, but what is nice here is that anyone right now at least can accumulate and sit tight for it to go on exchanges and possible enhancements

I think they are saying this coin is a relatively unknown coin at the moment. I really think that some of the best coins long term are the ones which are not GPU mine-able right out of the blocks. It gives these coins time to grow, allows early adopters a chance to grab some blocks which are more fairly distributed and gives a real vested interest to those who mined e arly.

correct, the only way right now to corner this coin is two folds a) someone codes a GPU miner and attacks it head on with tremendous speed up
b) spend considerable amount of cash on cloud CPU instances

since we are not on any exchange yet, coin distribution continues on a low scale and into hands of many people (one would hope) remember this was Satoshi original dream  Cool

I see, stealth as for example cloak or black coin or cryptonight, a bit different meaning for the word here, although one could repeat dark coin design but do one really have to have yet another stealth coin ? or rather have thousands or millions of machines and each gets share of the pie.. its a semi philosophical question

legendary
So in laymens terms this coin changes the memory hardness in an effort to discourage ASIC's from creating units for it. If one ASIC manufacturer wanted to make units they would have to make multiple different models on different N factors to work, correct?

Activity: 4
So in laymens terms this coin changes the memory hardness in an effort to discourage ASIC's from creating units for it. If one ASIC manufacturer wanted to make units they would have to make multiple different models on different N factors to work, correct?
Activity: 14
Why that coin is not on exchange yet ? Its really interesting ...
Activity: 147
I've tried to adapt the GPU miner but can't get it to work with the wallet :
"No suitable long-poll found for http://127.0.0.1:12946"

Strange because CPU miner still getting work from this same address :/
legendary
taking something back. coin although it takes bit longer to confirm blocks, works just fine..

one thing, we really need to get it on exchanges even in small capacity., I like its anti ASIC approach
Pages:
Jump to: