Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][APT] Aptcoin★ASIC Resistant Scrypt In-Motion(NM) w/Aptcurve Retargeting - page 6. (Read 56720 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

What is the problem requiring difficulty re-targeting?  We're already using Apt-Curve, which was designed specifically for this coin.  I'm not aware of further shortcomings.

I have never heard of yobit.  Can anyone else vouch for them being legitimate and not a scam?  How long have they been around?

If everyone thinks it's a good idea, I'm supportive of you or someone else starting a donation pot.  I will donate some too, although I'm skeptical of this exchange because I've never heard of them.  Maybe I'm behind and they're great.  Let me know what others think?

It seems like you get stuck on a high n-factor of 12 or 13 for a long time then when you solve a block it drops significantly and you find several blocks rapidly and then the n-factor goes back up significantly then a block and lower n-factor a couple blocks and repeat.   A smoother change in n-factor would be nice.  I'm just mining this now and then to help keep the chain viable for now until hopefully some new development comes along.

Edit:

I've started a donation pot and funded it with an initial 30.000 APT http://45.32.67.42/address/AWPdaDQAgN5xrMMiY9rAb1CPPqG2b6E45e

If you want to donate and have an issue with me holding the donation coins we can look for someone else to hold them.  But lets get that donation total over 100.000 so we have enough to do something with.

I want more action and interest with this coin so I sent 70k APT to the donnation pot.
http://45.32.67.42/address/AWPdaDQAgN5xrMMiY9rAb1CPPqG2b6E45e

Hopping this helps and it will only be used to promote the coin and add it on exchanges.
Here are the 100k, so what's next ?
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
I honestly was so surprised when I first stumbled upon this coin and how easily I was able to actually hit blocks here and there Smiley So it's a perfectly functional coin so let's get it listed to trade Smiley
Glad to see everybody is not dead !

What is the main goal of the donation pot ? I can give too but I want to know why before  Grin

The purpose of the donation pot is to get APT listed on an exchange, pay for the block explorer, fund a decent website, and provide incentive for development.

I don't think many people realize that this is a CPU coin.  If they did they would likely be mining it.

I'm working on getting this coin listed on an exchange.

It's already on the voting list at c-cex but I'm not going to pay the .35 to beat the current leader.  If you want to help get the coin listed then vote for it at https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

Ok and when we will have 100k APT in the pot what will happen ? because as long as 1APT is not valuable, it's hard to pay with it

PS : I already buy a domain and pay a few each month for the (simple but working) website : http://aptcoin.net/
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

What is the main goal of the donation pot ? I can give too but I want to know why before  Grin

The purpose of the donation pot is to get APT listed on an exchange, pay for the block explorer, fund a decent website, and provide incentive for development.

I don't think many people realize that this is a CPU coin.  If they did they would likely be mining it.

I'm working on getting this coin listed on an exchange.

It's already on the voting list at c-cex but I'm not going to pay the .35 to beat the current leader.  If you want to help get the coin listed then vote for it at https://c-cex.com/?id=vote

What is the main goal of the donation pot ? I can give too but I want to know why before  Grin
legendary

What is the problem requiring difficulty re-targeting?  We're already using Apt-Curve, which was designed specifically for this coin.  I'm not aware of further shortcomings.

I have never heard of yobit.  Can anyone else vouch for them being legitimate and not a scam?  How long have they been around?

If everyone thinks it's a good idea, I'm supportive of you or someone else starting a donation pot.  I will donate some too, although I'm skeptical of this exchange because I've never heard of them.  Maybe I'm behind and they're great.  Let me know what others think?

It seems like you get stuck on a high n-factor of 12 or 13 for a long time then when you solve a block it drops significantly and you find several blocks rapidly and then the n-factor goes back up significantly then a block and lower n-factor a couple blocks and repeat.   A smoother change in n-factor would be nice.  I'm just mining this now and then to help keep the chain viable for now until hopefully some new development comes along.

Edit:

I've started a donation pot and funded it with an initial 30.000 APT http://45.32.67.42/address/AWPdaDQAgN5xrMMiY9rAb1CPPqG2b6E45e

If you want to donate and have an issue with me holding the donation coins we can look for someone else to hold them.  But lets get that donation total over 100.000 so we have enough to do something with.
That's how it's designed.  Block 105120 was the estimated first year cut-off at the time of launch.  That period was a bit of a burn-in and now it's on the normal schedule.  50 APT is the block reward for all remaining time with the exception of reward halvings.

Ok thanks for the answer.

Otherwise no news about APT ? Topic seems dead this week  Sad
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Hi.

Just to know, why mining reward is now 50 APT (since this morning) instead of 42 APT before block 105120 ?

That's how it's designed.  Block 105120 was the estimated first year cut-off at the time of launch.  That period was a bit of a burn-in and now it's on the normal schedule.  50 APT is the block reward for all remaining time with the exception of reward halvings.
Hi.

Just to know, why mining reward is now 50 APT (since this morning) instead of 42 APT before block 105120 ?

I never used Yobit.net so making some research, it was created 1 year ago and there is no proof it's a scam.
However, there seems to be more and more complaints about processing delays and customer support.

For more informations :
http://siliconangle.com/blog/2016/02/28/problems-with-withdrawals-support-reported-at-bitcoin-altcoin-exchange-yobit/
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/yobitnet-is-a-scam-1378867
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/yobitnet-cryptocurrency-exchange-multicoin-dice-free-coins-every-1-24-hrs-914975

You need to update the nodes in the OP.

I have nodes running at:

addnode=45.32.67.42
addnode=108.61.194.182

Updated!  I checked all the original nodes and one was still active.  If you know of others, please pass them along.

Is there any plan to adjust the difficulty retargeting? 

Are there any plans?

block explorer seems to be broken since yesterday  Huh

Fixed

Ok, you fixed the block explorer.  What about the faucet you said you were going to setup?  I'll donate some coins if you set up a faucet.

It's 0.1 btc to list a coin on yobit.  Do I have to pay for it myself?  Are are there any other donations?

Speak 

What is the problem requiring difficulty re-targeting?  We're already using Apt-Curve, which was designed specifically for this coin.  I'm not aware of further shortcomings.

I have never heard of yobit.  Can anyone else vouch for them being legitimate and not a scam?  How long have they been around?

If everyone thinks it's a good idea, I'm supportive of you or someone else starting a donation pot.  I will donate some too, although I'm skeptical of this exchange because I've never heard of them.  Maybe I'm behind and they're great.  Let me know what others think?
legendary

I have nodes running at:

addnode=45.32.67.42
addnode=108.61.194.182

Updated!  I checked all the original nodes and one was still active.  If you know of others, please pass them along.

Is there any plan to adjust the difficulty retargeting? 

Are there any plans?

Fixed

Ok, you fixed the block explorer.  What about the faucet you said you were going to setup?  I'll donate some coins if you set up a faucet.

It's 0.1 btc to list a coin on yobit.  Do I have to pay for it myself?  Are are there any other donations?

Speak 
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
That is awesome to see this coin slowly gaining some traction because I like it and would love to trade it Smiley

I have nodes running at:

addnode=45.32.67.42
addnode=108.61.194.182

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Is there a way to post the whitepaper as a simple pdf, otherwise it wants my tablet to download more junk from google.
Hi !

Link to the whitepaper just added in the website.
legendary
So this coin is still alive?  I was surprised to see the recent activity.  

I mined this in the beginning with the 32 core aws.  Probably spent $100 mining it.  Still have the coins and just synced the wallet with the nodes listed by oldcoinguru.  It looked like it had promise but fizzled out.  I just found a block on a I5 I have setting around doing nothing.  

So this is still CPU only?  

Be nice if I could at least get my money back
Pages:
Jump to: