Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]ASICMiner Publicly Looking for Potential Customers/Partners for New Chips - page 16. (Read 54975 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Woo hoo  Grin
Looking forward to these units
Activity: 138
Merit: 102
Replacement boards for the ASICminer Cube?

How cool would that be!?   Grin

That would be too good to be true  Shocked
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Hash for Cash!
Messaged! Looking forward to seeing the new chips Cheesy
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
Both USD and Bitcoin payments are supported, but the nominal price will be based on USD.
0.49$/G-0.99$/G, depending on order size and delivery speed of choice.

Will this price be somehow coupled to the BTC market price?
For example, the price is $0.99 when the BTC price is $1000. Now the BTC price rises to $3000, will the chip price be adjusted to $2.97 or remain at $0.99?
At an increased BTC price the chips would - of course - be worth more and should(?) undergo a correction.
Activity: 172
Merit: 100
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

How cool would that be!?   Grin
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

What to expect with the chips
Datasheets and reference PCB design are going to be released as soon as they are ready.

What is the frequency of the chips in normal mode?
Activity: 168
Email sent.  Hoping to hear from you soon; this is an exciting announcement.  :-)
Activity: 161
Wattage is impresive indeed. But it's still 5W to dissipate from small 8x8 mm package. At least make it flip chip that most of heat can go thru top not bottom and PCB that is poor heat conductor.

EDIT: And please consider possibility of selling small batches of sample chips, like 10 chips.

QFN often has thermal pads on the underside. Connect these with enough vias to an underside copper pour without silkscreen and you've got an effective radiator. Stick a fan over that radiator and you'll suck even more heat away.

That's what I do with my QFNs, but I'm not sure about 5W dissipation. Anyone want to crunch the numbers?

You can put a lot more than 5W through this size of package depending upon how it's mounted. PCB via's won't give a particularly good thermal path, but it is possible to use a copper slug to connect to the die pad (with a suitable square hole in the PCB)  and then connecting to a larger heatsink. That way over 25W can be removed - assuming die size of 5.3 x 5.3mm - with a large enough sink, the trick is in coupling the die, slug and heatsink together.
Activity: 457
Activity: 681
For comparison, Bitfury chips use a similar package, and I figure they dissipate about 2.5W in my overvolted rigs with just high-flow fans and no heatsinks. Bitfury chips use thermal pads to dissipate most of the heat through the PCB.
Activity: 252
Wattage is impresive indeed. But it's still 5W to dissipate from small 8x8 mm package. At least make it flip chip that most of heat can go thru top not bottom and PCB that is poor heat conductor.

EDIT: And please consider possibility of selling small batches of sample chips, like 10 chips.

QFN often has thermal pads on the underside. Connect these with enough vias to an underside copper pour without silkscreen and you've got an effective radiator. Stick a fan over that radiator and you'll suck even more heat away.

That's what I do with my QFNs, but I'm not sure about 5W dissipation. Anyone want to crunch the numbers?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
things you own end up owning you
Alright, let me be a little more blunt, shares on havelock aren't direct, though they can be converted to such.

well theoretically they are not but technically they are Wink

from havelockinvestments

This is asset is being offered to provide a convenient venue for investors to buy and sell full shares of Bitfountain’s ASICMINER virtual profit-shares.

Shares
Each 1 share of AM1 represents 1 "direct share"of ASICMINER maintained and verified by either Friedcat or any exchange ASICMINER is traded on, and has rights to all of the dividends of a whole ASICMINER share.

Dividends
Each AM1 share has the right to 100% of its respective dividends. There are no asset management fees for AM1 shares. The amount of the dividend is defined as the same amount distributed by ASICMINER to the shares held by the issuer for this asset. Dividends will be paid within 48 hours or less of confirmed payments from ASICMINER.

Voting Rights
ASICMINER does not convey voting rights to its shareholders, and thus, no voting rights can be passed on for this asset.
legendary
Very Nice, so you are saying that Asicminer will focus on selling chips.
But also Asicminer could make some full miners just to keep in yours mining facilities?

this is what I've understood yes, really huge news, I have a feeling that AM will change the future of mining if they achieve what they aimed for..
Activity: 546
Alright, let me be a little more blunt, shares on havelock aren't direct, though they can be converted to such.
legendary
I is time to buy shares? Stock exchange same as cex.io will be presented?

you can buy direct shares at www.havelockinvestments.com

Direct shares? Is this new? O_O

this is not new !! I don't know where is your confusion ? you asked where to buy shares, and I told you where can you get them, otherwise this is not a new IPO, ASICMINER exist for a couple of years now, and proved to be the best business around bitcoin economy...

basically when you buy a share you will be entitled to a weekly dividend that they pay for every outstanding shares from the mining and hardware sale income, you can also trade the shares and speculate on their prices, the price has already jumped 15-18 % since the announcement...
Activity: 163
Very Nice, so you are saying that Asicminer will focus on selling chips.
But also Asicminer could make some full miners just to keep in yours mining facilities?
Activity: 546

Direct shares? Is this new? O_O
legendary

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Pages:
Jump to: