Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]ASICMiner Publicly Looking for Potential Customers/Partners for New Chips - page 12. (Read 54971 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Maybe this is all some form of market research Grin
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
This seems to be around the time to start watching this thread so putting in an observant post for the ANN
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
I just got word that the next announcement is now expected to be given 'after the first week of March' and that 'everything is still on track'.
So don't hold your breath for an announcement today or tomorrow, but I feel that said announcement will be the publication of the final specifications and the details on how to order gen3 chips.

Nice timing. I will certainly be eager to get these into a Wasp.

Good! We need as many good board/miner developer as possible! I believe they'll make excellent chips, and don't forget that ASICMiner is reliable!
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I just got word that the next announcement is now expected to be given 'after the first week of March' and that 'everything is still on track'.
So don't hold your breath for an announcement today or tomorrow, but I feel that said announcement will be the publication of the final specifications and the details on how to order gen3 chips.

Nice timing. I will certainly be eager to get these into a Wasp.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
seems like friedcat is still nowhere to be found
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Don't panic! Really! The tapeout should occur about now. AM will have reference chips by the end of February and are going to get back to all people interested when they have the chips tested and their actual specifications determined. Friedcat is committed to give an announcement before March and I'd be puzzled if this happens before about February 25th.
Wait for the actual final offer and you'll be fine.

I have to believe this is spot on. I've worked with a few ASIC companies and they either communicate well or not at all.  Friedcat has a long history in this business, I anticipate communication from him or his team in the next few weeks.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Anyone actually contact FriedCat? Seems like 100's of PMs and emails and no one got a reply.

I got reply about share transfer this week. So Friedcat is alive. I assume he's waiting on detailed specs from tapeout. If Friedcat speaks, he's telling the facts, not bullshits like everyone else in mining market. So just be patient ...
Don't panic! Really! The tapeout should occur about now. AM will have reference chips by the end of February and are going to get back to all people interested when they have the chips tested and their actual specifications determined. Friedcat is committed to give an announcement before March and I'd be puzzled if this happens before about February 25th.
Wait for the actual final offer and you'll be fine.
Anyone actually contact FriedCat? Seems like 100's of PMs and emails and no one got a reply.

How do you know he got 100's of emails and and PMs? How do you know nobody got a reply? The people he replied to are working with him now, not announcing the fact he replied to them to the world.

Easily.

No one posted they got a reply. There are at least 30 people said they PM'd and emailed. Easily 100's have tried contact him. 5 or 6 from our own collective have tried. 0 response. I think the BIG INVESTOR idea probably the result. Money talks community has to walk.

Open Source ASIC chip beginning to look like the only real viable option.
Activity: 518

How do you know he got 100's of emails and and PMs? How do you know nobody got a reply? The people he replied to are working with him now, not announcing the fact he replied to them to the world.
Activity: 532
TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

No answer I insist, probably he found a big investor and don't need us anymore.

Activity: 490
Are these power estimations for real??  Ridic!  I Think ill grab me a reel or two.

The A1 chips you're selling were quoted as "0.35J/20GHash" too. Look how that turned out!  Tongue
Activity: 518
NinjaTech is interested in partnership.  Smiley  ninjatech.org

At the risk of repeating myself, FriedCat asked for enquiries via PM or email. If you just post in this thread, chances are he won't see it.
NinjaTech is interested in partnership.  Smiley  ninjatech.org
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Activity: 728
If you want to do it do it right and get a blade of some sort. USB sticks are a waste of time and energy figuratively and literally.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Just let AM supply the canary  with tons of 7gh usb sticks at a good price.  I will be a happy camper.
7Gh/s - how do you figure that?  shouldn't they be 10-12 Gh/s?  I can't remember if I did my math right...

Note all my estimates are rough not exact!

I am thinking they will undervolt to keep a stick in the 2.5 watt range.

this was done with the antminer u-1 chip vs the the antminer s-1 chip.  same chip lower volts and lower freq settings for the chip in the sticks.

same chip the usb stick is undervolted a bit and the the freq is set lower.

the antminer  usb stick gets 2 gh pretty easy after that it is too hard on most hubs .

same is true with the cubes vs the be sticks  the am cube pull more gh per chip due to more power and better cooling.

Still a usb stick in the 6-9gh  range vs the 1.6- 2.0 range is a big boost.

You don't think they will design usb sticks for more than 2.5 watts? USB 3.0 is becoming pretty standard now and hubs are able to supply closer to the standard of 900 mA per port (4-4.5 watt). I wouldn't be surprised if asicminer provided adequet hubs for additional cost either.
unlike USB 2.0, USB3.0 hubs/ports/devices are not all adhering to the max power output per port.
Activity: 658
Merit: 504

I'm not sure AM will be focusing on the USB stick market anymore.

Maybe not, but a third party will probably will make one with AM chips. I'm interested in a dual chip miner though, like the bifury or twin fury usb's. A 15-20 gh/s Usb miner would sell.
Pages:
Jump to: