Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]ASICMiner Publicly Looking for Potential Customers/Partners for New Chips - page 9. (Read 54971 times)

Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
We all wait so long time,it sees like good news.
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Update March. 29, 2014: The chips passed all functionality tests.
Fantastic!!!
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005
Update March. 29, 2014: The chips passed all functionality tests.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
We are keen on doing up a AM2 chip Wasp. Just point us to the sample chips and the detailed specification and we will design it and release the BOM and Gerbers for it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
You might want to investigate what The Wasp Project is up to. They seem to be very interested in getting on board with Asicminer and may be in a position to buy volume for resale to support their efforts.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-wasp-project-collective-information-thread-422243

I believe friedcat has regional distribution (resellers) as well that may handle smaller orders. Back in September they were noted as the following :

US: eleuthria, CanaryInTheMine, SilentSonicBoom
 Canada: teek
 EU, Switzerland and North Europe: yxt
 China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau: rockxie
 Australia: [email protected]
 India: Pinwheel
Activity: 489
Merit: 500
Immersionist
I'm thinking of buying around 1100 chips. Could you direct me to the PCB design as well and give me a quote on 1100?

1100 chips, that's 14 boards or so and <7kW total, given that AM's china reseller cranks out 1TH from a board with 500W.

And you want to bother with your own PCB design, getting a quote and all that?

I am not sure if FC had that in mind when he wrote the following:

1. Large mining operation owners who can also do massive PCB production of their own.
2. Mining device manufacturers who can improve our open-source design or make new designs from scratch.
3. Resellers with various channels and abundant liquidity in cash or Bitcoins.
Activity: 518
I'm thinking of buying around 1100 chips. Could you direct me to the PCB design as well and give me a quote on 1100?
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
This 'brilliant' design sounds suspiciously similar to the asicminer one in all but name (and power consumption).

Could it be the same chip? It's watts (or rather Joules) per gigaghash figure is about 2 - 3 times what the asicminer is spec'd at (0.2 - 0.3) but I am curious as to exactly how they (asicminer) managed to coax these figures out of what is clearly a standard SHA256 implementation. The Israeli one is probably closer to the truth, but even then they're having to run the device at way under it's normal core voltage to get the power down.

Activity: 686
A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night
The Yukon sounds good and overall, esp. power consumption wise (if at the wall), on par with AM and that supposed AM rockxie miner. May even have a very very slight edge what power consumption is concerned. But it's not blowing AM away. It's just some slightly more powerful competition the cat will have for breakfast.
The thing is - we know AM. And we know, they deliver. In Bitcoin world this is priceless.
donator
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
looks like asicminer is going to lose 40nm race ...
SP10 – Dawson 1.4 TH/s for delivery in March
SP30 – Yukon 5.4 TH/s
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-spondoolies-tech-carrier-grade-data-center-ready-mining-rigs-521520

Introducing the Hammer ASIC
Its specifications are highly competitive:

It strikes me that we will experience a repeat of the 2013 mining race, where 50% of the offerings are fraudulent, 25% are failures, 20% or OK, and 5% are actually winners (*numbers made up for illustrative purposes, final stats welcome).
"The Yukon will deliver...."

All these guys are starting to sound like a bunch of weathermen.

Proof is in delivering.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
looks like asicminer is going to lose 40nm race unless friedcat cuts prices drastically thereby reducing margins... forget avalon, bitfury or even bitmain here comes israeli brilliant minds, chip designed by ex-intel and motorola engineers.... so far reaction from community seems extremely positive..

SP10 – Dawson 1.4 TH/s for delivery in March
The Hammer was specifically designed for the new SP10 – Dawson mining rig. The Dawson houses 192 and works at 1.4 TH/s with power consumption between 1.2 KW and 1.35 KW.

this is what really blew me away..  Shocked

SP30 – Yukon 5.4 TH/s

The Yukon will deliver an amazing 5.4 TH/s, nearly X4 the hash rate of SP10 - Dawson. The hash rate will not come at the price of size or power consumption and the unit measures only 2U allowing for efficient stacking. The unit’s power consumption is estimated to be around 2.4 KW

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-spondoolies-tech-carrier-grade-data-center-ready-mining-rigs-521520

Introducing the Hammer ASIC
The Hammer ASIC was designed for high performance and power efficiency.

Its specifications are highly competitive:

Process Node             40 nm
Package Type            QFN64 8 mm x 8 mm
I/O                           Serial protocol with clk, datain and dataout
Rated Hash Rate        7.5 GHash/s per chip, with a wide range of overclock/downclock options. Up to 10 GHash/s in a typical corner.
Rated Voltage            0.63 V, recommended voltage range is 0.6 V – 0.8 V
Power Consumption   0.58 W/GHs

0.6w/gh is not really comparable to 0.35w/gh and at $0.5-1/gh asicminer is by far the cheapest option available.

However their next generation 5.4th miners using 28nm will compete in efficiency but probably not in price.
Activity: 492
Did FriedCat make a reply and then deleted his post?!

https://twitter.com/FriedcatSays/status/445828515490193409

Yes, i saw the post. it was specs about the chips.

You are a fucking genius. What would we do w/o you?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Activity: 560
there's also bitfury that seems to be doing pretty good job on their version 2 chip... and that's just 55nm, i think they can squeeze helluva more should they move to 40nm  Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=228677.1080

punin's comments: "Our preliminary tests show 25% increase in hashrate and 25% lower power consumption. We will receive new chips tomorrow and will have samples available to developers."

Bitfury is just too expensive. Way too expensive its not even funny anymore.

€4,864/$7000 for 560GH/s  Huh

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5751682
Activity: 490
I'm hoping UPS quoted me incorrectly because this is the elephant in the room.

Not so much "incorrect", but not relevant. People who ship lots of items get large discounts on shipping rates. You on the other hand will be quoted costly "retail" rates.

Well that's good news. It was quite disconcerting that there appeared to be such a discrepancy in the cost to mine if you didn't happen to reside where miner's are made. It did elevate my concerns over the critical requirement to look at distribution, assembly and design from a logistical perspective if your interest is in deploying your product world wide. Sending out completed individual units out from the manufacturer given the potential distances involved probably isn't the most cost effective approach.

The local resellers weren't competitive but where I am probably isn't fully defined as "local". It's a fast moving market and I have a sense it caused the imbalance that allowed for the manufacturer to supply for less even with shipping factored in.

You need to use a comparison site so they compete for your business. I'm in the UK and Australia is as far away as possible from me, with http://www.parcel2go.com/parcel-delivery/australia I can send a parcel up to 15kg/1.2m for about £24/$36USD!

Not so much "incorrect", but not relevant. People who ship lots of items get large discounts on shipping rates. You on the other hand will be quoted costly "retail" rates.

Well that's good news. It was quite disconcerting that there appeared to be such a discrepancy in the cost to mine if you didn't happen to reside where miner's are made. It did elevate my concerns over the critical requirement to look at distribution, assembly and design from a logistical perspective if your interest is in deploying your product world wide. Sending out completed individual units out from the manufacturer given the potential distances involved probably isn't the most cost effective approach.

The local resellers weren't competitive but where I am probably isn't fully defined as "local". It's a fast moving market and I have a sense it caused the imbalance that allowed for the manufacturer to supply for less even with shipping factored in.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

Pages:
Jump to: