Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland - page 22. (Read 506409 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I'm amazed! Yesterday the auroracoin blockchain was run for 1 hour by 470GH/s machines. And another 4 hours by 50GH/s. You need to spend at least 500USD for such a nice hash rate. Now we know for sure that the code behind Auroracoin it's rock solid.

lol

this is gold
Activity: 131
Merit: 100
A re-launch never worked out. Don't got the back in this one anymore.

Like all the cryptocoins this is a wonderful experiment. So far gone wrong on the price side.
The code or the idea behind auroracoin is not to be blamed. But the greed of the people and the lack of information and too much enthusiasm on the developer side, about how a monetary system work and how people react to free money.
Give it 10 years span of life time. Maybe this coin is here to stay. Maybe not Smiley
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
A re-launch never worked out. Don't got the back in this one anymore.
Activity: 131
I'm amazed! Yesterday the auroracoin blockchain was run for 1 hour by 470GH/s machines. And another 4 hours by 50GH/s. You need to spend at least 500USD for such a nice hash rate. Now we know for sure that the code behind Auroracoin it's rock solid.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I don't understand... why are there so many 12.5 AUR transactions in a single block?

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/aur/block.dws?99216.htm

Shouldn't there only be 1 per block?

there's only one coinbase transaction (the mining reward). The first one, 12.513 AUR.

The other ones (12.5 AUR) are normal transactions, someone must be making these.

Why? I don't know.

legendary
Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000
I don't understand... why are there so many 12.5 AUR transactions in a single block?

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/aur/block.dws?99216.htm

Shouldn't there only be 1 per block?
Activity: 248
Wow hashing up to 200 Gh/s for a few hrs, then back down again...
donator
airdrop claims ticked up today to 20+ (average was around 5 since mid-january)
donator
It doesn't look like anyone mined much, does it?

Just 2 blocks with high difficulty and no block since then (8.5 hours ago).

We're stuck now, I bet all the pools are hopping away because at such high difficulty and low price the coin isn't profitable to mine.

I don't understand how this continuous difficulty adjustment algorithm (forgot the name) is supposed to work, but it doesn't look like it works like it should: how can difficulty skyrocket like that?

Maybe some timing attack?

edit: sorry. based on wrong info from my blockexplorer which was crashed and had to catch up.

seems another block was found 6 hours after the holdup:

sorry for making waves.

difficulty is within normal limits again now.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
I'm no expert, but looks like difficulty got driven way high somehow and now noone's mining any more (no block since 6 hours)? some kind of attack?

.. or someone want more cheap coins, because stock depth is low and price can rise up x 10 anytime. Last stage airdrop and burn other coins soon?
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy the coins at these prices rather than throw all that hashing at it?

I don't think so, if someone mining before litecoin and have big hashing rate miners and want cheap coins before price pump?
Look, airdrop soon ending, society create solutions for auroracoin. It make sense for me.
legendary
I'm no expert, but looks like difficulty got driven way high somehow and now noone's mining any more (no block since 6 hours)? some kind of attack?

.. or someone want more cheap coins, because stock depth is low and price can rise up x 10 anytime. Last stage airdrop and burn other coins soon?
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy the coins at these prices rather than throw all that hashing at it?
Activity: 27

legendary
Even more so than the pre-mine, I feel this is the greatest threat to Auroracoin going forward.

I propose we merge-mine with bitcoin and be done with this problem.

What other possible solutions are there?
donator
Hash rate went up 10x!  What's going on?

http://insight.auroracoin.io/status

argh. oh dear.

legendary
Hash rate went up 10x!  What's going on?

http://insight.auroracoin.io/status
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
Please update the pool list. thx

There is an updated pool list on auroraspjall.is the new Auroracoin forum.

The list is here: http://auroraspjall.is/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002

What do you mean by back? The blockchain never stopped...

I will post here the email!

And maybe we will need a new thread Smiley

Auroracoin is back
And we want you to join us on the adventure

While Baldur has faded from the scene (no one has heard from him in more than 3 months) a number of us have seized the initiative.  I would like to share with you what has been going on, and invite you to join us.
Chrome wallet - A lightweight wallet based on BitBrowser Bitcoin Wallet is now available in the Chrome web store. This is the first wallet for the desktop that doesn't require you to download the entire blockchain, and is ideal for storing small amounts of Auroracoin for tipping or online purchases. Think of it as your 'spare change' purse.

Developer API - You no longer need to run a full node to build your Auroracoin app. Based on the Insight API from BitPAy, you can use our API at insight.auroracoin.io to query the blockchain and even broadcast transactions.

New forum - After the hacking and closure of the forum at auroracoin.org, a new forum was launched called AuroraSpjall. Come and join us as we build a community of developers and supporters to move Auroracoin forward.

Coming soon - In the coming weeks (not months) you can expect to see more exciting developments including:

a Bland.is Auroracoin tipbot
    an ISK<=>AUR exchange
    a localbitcoins-style exchange
    an Auroracoin Foundation
    updated core software

Now that you've heard what has been happening with Auroracoin, I hope you'll join us. There are many roles that need filling: more developers, graphic designers, translators, marketers, investors, and supporters. If you're ready to get involved again, please:

join the forum here
join the mailing list here

Thank you for your time, and for your interest in Auroracoin experiment.
Activity: 3
To encourage users to help beta-test Spurt.is, the first 20 users to sign up and message me will get 100 Auroracoins to use on the site.

Just private message me here with your Spurt.is user name and I'll add the coins to your account.

https://www.spurt.is/images/blue_casual.png
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Please update the pool list. thx
The OP is no longer around.

what is the latest wallet?
I received an email today that aurora coin is back ... so I would like to get the latest wallet Smiley

What do you mean by back? The blockchain never stopped...
Pages:
Jump to: