Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland - page 18. (Read 506409 times)

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I'm sure that Balduro will do the right thing, regarding the premined coins.

wanna make a bet?

I would love to be able to hedge against him not doing the right thing Wink

OK  Grin

I'm betting 1000AUR on Balduro making the right thing.

He has two options to do the things right:
1) he will burn the premine
2) he will equally distribute the remaining premined coins to the 1 stage airdrop addresses.

make that BTC 0.06 (currently equals AUR 1000) and give me a date until Balduro has to have done 1) or 2) and I'm in. gentlemans bet?
Activity: 131
Merit: 100

wanna make a bet?

OK  Grin

I'm betting 1000AUR on Balduro making the right thing.

He has two options to do the things right:
2) he will equally distribute the remaining premined coins to the 1 stage airdrop addresses.
Three more days until the airdrop ends! Let's see if Balduro does his final act and proves his legitimacy once more by destroying the remaining pre-mine. From there a very dedicated and capable new DEV team is ready to get this coin into phase two!

To be honest: after the deviation from the initial airdrop plan, I'm not sure wether balduro will destroy the premine. I have some hope, but I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens and maybe even the airdrop continues.

The airdrop deviation was justified.

According to the power low, the coin is in good shape.
Looking at the charts (no. of nodes, network hashate, top100, etc.) and the sentiment around the coin, is clear that the airdrop must end soon.
Also I believe that a forced takeover will create a bad history for the coin. Given the circumstances I'm sure Balduro will do the right thing.

As I can see, he has two options:
donator
Three more days until the airdrop ends! Let's see if Balduro does his final act and proves his legitimacy once more by destroying the remaining pre-mine. From there a very dedicated and capable new DEV team is ready to get this coin into phase two!

To be honest: after the deviation from the initial airdrop plan, I'm not sure wether balduro will destroy the premine. I have some hope, but I wouldn't be surprised if nothing happens and maybe even the airdrop continues.

How many days will you wait after the 25th until you decide balduro wont destroy the premine?
donator

wanna make a bet?

legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000
ltex.nl
legendary
ltex.nl
I've been here supporting AUR from day one mate, so I know I'm not here supporting for personal profit ;-) I'm here to support the tremendous possibilities this coin (and the country it provides) can offer to the entire Crypto landscape. We need to get the algo fixed fast, already working on that with the new DEV team...
donator
I can throw in an occasional Gh too if needed. Already have 140Mh dedicated atm...

That is awesome!

We need to have some baseline mining, thanks for providing the 140MH. That's already doing much good!

Should you discover the coin stuck at high diff and you want to get it going again, I think the best way to do it is to...

1.) do it quickly (the longer things are stuck the harder the diff will drop after the block is found, I think, increasing the negative effect of the hoardes of miners piling in)

2.) stop quickly after you found the block for the same reason (decrease network hashrate after block was found)

I'm not really sure this is true, though and I wouldn't blame you to try to recoup some of your cost by mining with the masses after the block was found.

It usually doesn't take too long, either. Took me between 5 and 30 minutes (on 3 occasions) at 0.2 to 1.5 GH/s to get things going again in the past.

This is clearly not sustainable, of course. We're just funneling money towards the multipool miners.
donator
Is this a multipool problem, mining kicking in and out depending on the price of Aur?

yes an no (yes: multipool. no: triggered by price)

coin gets stuck at high diff -> we resurrect it (unprofitable, bad image for AUR, transaction lag) -> difficulty drops enourmously -> those multipools jump on the coin like flies on shit (profitable for them) -> difficulty shoots up. rinse and repeat.

price is pretty much stable, so that doesn't play a large role. It's an interesting interplay of the kimoto gravity well difficulty adjustment and the aggregate multipool logic to allocate hashrate. I think the problem is well understood and solved by now... we're using old tech basically.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
i don't understand why people are still stuck to this coin  Huh

When it's dead, it shouldnt not be kept alive any longer, doesn't make any sense.

In my opinion forking it might cause an abrupt, total loss of value to the holders, coin is not worth the risk.

Loss of value not meaning dead coin. Greedy people who get free money dump price auroracoin, but it end soon. Anyway developers working for new solutions and services and its be new life for auroracoin. That will be real value auroracoin in near future. Like bitcoin in past...
Activity: 248

for fucks sake! difficulty 654. That's somewhat extreme, we might be stuck here for a long time.

I'm throwing hashpower at it, but it's expensive currently (three times as expensive as 2 days ago) and my willingness to spend much on this is limited, especially because this problem seems to come back harder every time...

Is this a multipool problem, mining kicking in and out depending on the price of Aur?
legendary
ltex.nl

for fucks sake! difficulty 654. That's somewhat extreme, we might be stuck here for a long time.

I'm throwing hashpower at it, but it's expensive currently (three times as expensive as 2 days ago) and my willingness to spend much on this is limited, especially because this problem seems to come back harder every time...

Just send me a message if this gets too much, I will chip in with you to pay for the mining rigs.

I can throw in an occasional Gh too if needed. Already have 140Mh dedicated atm...
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
@skarfur: I'm offering help with testing / looking over code etc...

That is great molecular!
We need all the help we can get. We need to do this properly.

I will let you guys know when we are ready for testing.
Activity: 258
Merit: 250

Just send me a message if this gets too much, I will chip in with you to pay for the mining rigs.
legendary
ltex.nl
One more week before our first anniversary! I foresee good things to come ;-)
donator
@skarfur: I'm offering help with testing / looking over code etc...
donator

donator
Yes it's a hard fork and we need all the pools, exchanges and blockexplorers on board

Get two things done at once and kill the pre-mined airdrop addresses (as at a recent block height).

Airdrop coins should be destroyed right after 3/25 anyway. This coincides with the earliest possible rollout anyway, so I guess this is an option.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1006
100 satoshis -> ISO code
Yes it's a hard fork and we need all the pools, exchanges and blockexplorers on board

Get two things done at once and kill the pre-mined airdrop addresses (as at a recent block height).
Pages:
Jump to: