Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUR] Auroracoin - a cryptocurrency for Iceland - page 23. (Read 506409 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1002
Please update the pool list. thx
The OP is no longer around.

what is the latest wallet?
I received an email today that aurora coin is back ... so I would like to get the latest wallet Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000
The OP is no longer around.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003
legendary
API in place for Auroracoin

http://insight.auroracoin.io

legendary
I'm looking for someone to translate the Spanish parts of this file into Icelandic: https://github.com/bitpay/insight/blob/master/po/es.po

Name your price in AUR.

Any takers?
Activity: 310
Merit: 250
If he doesn't burn the premine as promised, my guess is the newly forming Auroracoin foundation will do a hard fork and burn it for him.

In view of recent news and around light about Aurora, this decision, taken by all AUR community, in my opinion is next step to revive its potential.  

ps/ feel really sorry to all who can't get my expression.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012

I've noticed many of the usernames posting these types of messages were created on December 7, 2014. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe has something to do with Pearl Harbour.

So... does that mean someone wants to bomb Auroracoin? Grin haha
legendary

I've noticed many of the usernames posting these types of messages were created on December 7, 2014. I'm not sure why that is. Maybe has something to do with Pearl Harbour.
Activity: 468
Merit: 100
The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn
legendary
It would certainly be a great help if baldur would communicate with us. Things could move forward at a faster clip if he would. However we are persevering.

unamis76 I'd encourage you to join us at the new forum, we can use any help you can give: http://auroraspjall.is/

Bookmarked Wink I'll keep an eye around here and on your forum. Although I'm a bit skeptic, I'm still curious of what will come out of this coin. If you guys decide to hard fork this, you'll have to work big time to stay away from the burden attached to this coin Smiley Pretty hard to give a good image to a coin that's been polluted by bad things. But it's not an impossible feat to achieve!
legendary
It would certainly be a great help if baldur would communicate with us. Things could move forward at a faster clip if he would. However we are persevering.

unamis76 I'd encourage you to join us at the new forum, we can use any help you can give: http://auroraspjall.is/
legendary

I highly doubt that after March this coin will move again. Baldur doesn't seem to be around for quite some time, so don't count on premine burning.

The exchange would be immensely useful. With some careful planning this coin could be reinvented and target Icelanders, not just crypto enthusiasts and "pump & dumpers".

It might be possible to "reinvent" the coin and give it to Icelanders, but it will still be very difficult for the crypto community to accept it after what happened Smiley

Baldur has been incommunicado, but he is still around.
He took the forum down when he was informed it had been hacked, and the airdrop numbers at auroracoin.org keep going up.

If he doesn't burn the premine as promised, my guess is the newly forming Auroracoin foundation will do a hard fork and burn it for him.

Thank you for the clarification. I only read this thread from time to time, and I had the idea he was AWOL. The fact that he doesn't login here since last May made me think he was nowhere to be seen.

If he is still around, then this is all extremely odd, why doesn't he pronounce himself regarding the supposed premine laundering? Either he is guilty of doing something bad, or he can easily explain what's happening.

As for a foundation making a hard fork... I think it is the best way to go, and I was hoping for a hard fork in this coin for quite some time. Things got a bit out of hand, and as I said, if someone wants to reinvent this coin for Icelanders, it really needs such refresh (hard fork without premine)
legendary

I highly doubt that after March this coin will move again. Baldur doesn't seem to be around for quite some time, so don't count on premine burning.

The exchange would be immensely useful. With some careful planning this coin could be reinvented and target Icelanders, not just crypto enthusiasts and "pump & dumpers".

It might be possible to "reinvent" the coin and give it to Icelanders, but it will still be very difficult for the crypto community to accept it after what happened Smiley

Baldur has been incommunicado, but he is still around.
He took the forum down when he was informed it had been hacked, and the airdrop numbers at auroracoin.org keep going up.

legendary
Pretty curious that this coin is already one year old, and people still talk about it. Lots of profit was made here... And this coin had immense potential, but everything got ruined. It was a great experiment, that didn't work as expected (or did it?).

Whenever I see this thread, I wonder what will the next alt-coin experiment/sensation will be... Smiley

As expected the price declined to almost nothing after the airdrop started and most of the excitement diminished. I think after 25th of march 2015, the final day of the airdrop, we might see something start to happen with the coin again. Given that Baldur will burn the remaining premine coins and hopefully will comment on the airdrop and clear up some of the questions the crypto community has about it.

There is an exchange coming up that will trade ISK-AUR, which is the most needed infrastructure now. In Iceland there are currency controls, which prohibits people here from buy USD then BTC to be able to buy AUR. The exchange will cut through the currency controls and for the first time the people of Iceland will be able buy and sell their AUR for ISK on an open market.

Other great infrastructure for the coin that have launched are the Android wallet and now most recently a chrome-browser wallet. If there are other projects out there let me know.

After the exchange is up the coin will have to get press coverage, where the benefits of using cryptocurrency is explained. In Iceland this should be easy, the ISK has made half of the population lose all their belongings every 10-20 years through hyperinflation. Explain how cryptocurrencies can't be printed or borrowed into existence and how money printing (expansion of the monetary base)  is the main cause of inflation, but for cryptocurrencies the money creation is controlled and limited. How governments can't install currency controls on a cryptocurrency and that a central bank, credit card companies and in some cases banks is not needed.

The biggest challenge is to get people to use it and it will not happen if each AUR is worth 1 kr., then the initial 31.8 AUR or the 318 AUR or even the 636 AUR from the airdrops will not buy anything. Who will take the risk and buy the coin up and give it value, lots of people got burnt when the airdrop started. Hopefully after the airdrop and the launch of the ISK-AUR exchange, someone will start to buy it up to give it value, so that this experiment can continue. If this buying starts while the airdrop is still open my feeling is that more teenagers will claim the coin and sell it for BTC-USD-ISK.

If all this goes through then the "immense potential" of the coin is still there. The worst and the best thing that happen to the coin was the high value it had when it launched. The high price gave it attention in the press and 10% of Icelanders claimed the coin, which is great. The drop in price was also the reason why the attention faded and no newspaper in Iceland talked about it again.

Activity: 248
Merit: 100
Pretty curious that this coin is already one year old, and people still talk about it. Lots of profit was made here... And this coin had immense potential, but everything got ruined. It was a great experiment, that didn't work as expected (or did it?).

Whenever I see this thread, I wonder what will the next alt-coin experiment/sensation will be... Smiley

As expected the price declined to almost nothing after the airdrop started and most of the excitement diminished. I think after 25th of march 2015, the final day of the airdrop, we might see something start to happen with the coin again. Given that Baldur will burn the remaining premine coins and hopefully will comment on the airdrop and clear up some of the questions the crypto community has about it.

There is an exchange coming up that will trade ISK-AUR, which is the most needed infrastructure now. In Iceland there are currency controls, which prohibits people here from buy USD then BTC to be able to buy AUR. The exchange will cut through the currency controls and for the first time the people of Iceland will be able buy and sell their AUR for ISK on an open market.

Other great infrastructure for the coin that have launched are the Android wallet and now most recently a chrome-browser wallet. If there are other projects out there let me know.

After the exchange is up the coin will have to get press coverage, where the benefits of using cryptocurrency is explained. In Iceland this should be easy, the ISK has made half of the population lose all their belongings every 10-20 years through hyperinflation. Explain how cryptocurrencies can't be printed or borrowed into existence and how money printing (expansion of the monetary base)  is the main cause of inflation, but for cryptocurrencies the money creation is controlled and limited. How governments can't install currency controls on a cryptocurrency and that a central bank, credit card companies and in some cases banks is not needed.

The biggest challenge is to get people to use it and it will not happen if each AUR is worth 1 kr., then the initial 31.8 AUR or the 318 AUR or even the 636 AUR from the airdrops will not buy anything. Who will take the risk and buy the coin up and give it value, lots of people got burnt when the airdrop started. Hopefully after the airdrop and the launch of the ISK-AUR exchange, someone will start to buy it up to give it value, so that this experiment can continue. If this buying starts while the airdrop is still open my feeling is that more teenagers will claim the coin and sell it for BTC-USD-ISK.

If all this goes through then the "immense potential" of the coin is still there. The worst and the best thing that happen to the coin was the high value it had when it launched. The high price gave it attention in the press and 10% of Icelanders claimed the coin, which is great. The drop in price was also the reason why the attention faded and no newspaper in Iceland talked about it again.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

I was fortunate to sell at close to the top.  Then I double dipped and almost got caught holding but was able to get out during another pump.  Overall I made some money but the fact that so many got screwed makes it a bittersweet profit.
legendary

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi guys,
Please try out my new site: spurt.is

https://www.spurt.is/images/blue_casual.png

It is an Icelandic Q&A site with Auroracoin-bounties.

It is still just in testing mode so please don't risk a lot of Auroracoin on the site. Ask and answer some questions with bounties and let me know what you think. i'm sure there are things to still fix.

If Auroracoin is going to take off we need to build places where AUR can be spent and earned. Hopefully this will inspire others to do likewise.

If you don't read Icelandic just go to the site in Chrome and let it translate for you!
Activity: 228
Merit: 46
legendary
New Google Chrome wallet for Auroracoin, based on the Bitcoin wallet by Andrew Toth.

Looks good, I dont test it yet, try soon. But i have one question, where is wallet.dat in this solutions? In some cloud?

The private key is stored in the browser only. Transactions are signed in the browser and are pushed to the node on the server. The private key will only leave the browser to be synced with other Chrome browsers that you are signed into. Encrypting the private key ensures that nobody will know the private key without the password, not even this extension.

Having said that, this is really a 'spare change' wallet. Don't put vast amounts of Auroracoin in it.
Pages:
Jump to: