Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 147. (Read 554384 times)

Activity: 265
Merit: 250
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
As blockchain.info is a popular wallet and it can affect lot of users, I tried to get their attention to this issue: https://twitter.com/CleverMining/status/448557707843612672
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
I received a payout on March 25, 2014 1:30am TXID: afb5b81536131c3972b4d49e97e1bb8a60e016e4dc13984e7702229c9318fc5d

The transaction hasn't confirmed as the block it was included on (292341) is orphaned.

What should I do now?
Must CleverMining.com resend the transaction?

I guess you use blockchain.info. They seem to still have some database issues as this transaction already has 106 confirmations and it was included in this block: https://blockchain.info/block-index/381051/00000000000000008207767a04447b1fb0de1fc9c759e615ee76596094ae2415

If you search for afb5b81536131c3972b4d49e97e1bb8a60e016e4dc13984e7702229c9318fc5d on this page you will find this transaction. So even blockchain.info knows about this transaction and that it was confirmed in another block, but they just fail to display this information on a transaction page (https://blockchain.info/tx/afb5b81536131c3972b4d49e97e1bb8a60e016e4dc13984e7702229c9318fc5d) and the tx outputs might not be credited to your wallets if you use their wallet.

You can also confirm the transaction on another block explorer: http://blockexplorer.com/tx/afb5b81536131c3972b4d49e97e1bb8a60e016e4dc13984e7702229c9318fc5d

The transaction is fine, it was successfully sent. It's an internal blockchain.info issue that they don't display it properly. If you're using their wallet you should contact their support, paste all the info which I included above and let them investigate.
Activity: 265
Merit: 250
I received a payout on March 25, 2014 1:30am TXID: afb5b81536131c3972b4d49e97e1bb8a60e016e4dc13984e7702229c9318fc5d

The transaction hasn't confirmed as the block it was included on (292341) is orphaned.

What should I do now?

I have the same problem. My wallet is on BlockChain and transaction is unconfirmed, although my total sum calculates the money including this transaction as well, so I'm not sure if I'm missing any money right now.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0

What should I do now?
Activity: 24
Okay, one heretic question. Is it possible clever mine to start mining/trading scrypt-n/scrypt-jane and thus do a better profitability. May be it is too early for such step, there are not a lot of those coins.

Dont think so. Because then how will he check who is using ACIS miners?

Couldn't you just put a scrypt-n switcher stratum on another port? ASICs/scrypt miners could have :3333 while scrypt-n is :3334, etc.

If "cleverining" is possible on scrypt-n coins then this will help a lot.

the short answer is NO - in order to mine other algorithms beside scrypt, cgminer or another program needs to actually initiate with that mining protocol. Clever mining simply gives/receives scrypt hashes that can be applied to whatever the coin is at the time.

The stratum proxy CANNOT direct cgminer to switch algorithms at this point in time. To do so would almost certainly require an advanced command to modify the configuration file from 'scrypt' to 'n-scrypt' followed by a quit/restart command. Cgminer does not allow that and it should never allow that IMO as it would create a massive backdoor for stratum/pool to modify files on your computer and issue program commands

If you thought being forced into some other pool was a terrible attack, imagine if your cgminer was fed instructions to modify its .conf file to overclock/overvolt your GPU way past limits and re-initiate.

The idea is to use one engine for scrypt coins and another for scrypt-n. Everybody decides where to mine depening on the profitability.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Okay, one heretic question. Is it possible clever mine to start mining/trading scrypt-n/scrypt-jane and thus do a better profitability. May be it is too early for such step, there are not a lot of those coins.

Couldn't you just put a scrypt-n switcher stratum on another port? ASICs/scrypt miners could have :3333 while scrypt-n is :3334, etc.

the short answer is NO - in order to mine other algorithms beside scrypt, cgminer or another program needs to actually initiate with that mining protocol. Clever mining simply gives/receives scrypt hashes that can be applied to whatever the coin is at the time.

The stratum proxy CANNOT direct cgminer to switch algorithms at this point in time. To do so would almost certainly require an advanced command to modify the configuration file from 'scrypt' to 'n-scrypt' followed by a quit/restart command. Cgminer does not allow that and it should never allow that IMO as it would create a massive backdoor for stratum/pool to modify files on your computer and issue program commands

If you thought being forced into some other pool was a terrible attack, imagine if your cgminer was fed instructions to modify its .conf file to overclock/overvolt your GPU way past limits and re-initiate.

Activity: 54

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Activity: 154
Let's get this discussion back on track. Skimmed last few pages but it seems to have died out a bit.

This is probably some kind of MITM attack as the user was connected to a fake pool after disconnection. The question is where this MITM attack was performed.

I've noted a common element between CleverMining, Wafflepool and Multipool.us, all of which have users claiming to be affected.

All 3 use us-west stratum servers hosted by Digital Ocean.
I haven't checked all the stratum servers in different regions, but this certainly is a common enough element to add to the consideration.

It might be possible that misconfiguration on DO's side has opened up some attack vectors on these stratum servers.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Really payouts with no fees sent???
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Ah ok. Well then I take that back. I saw somebody ask the question before but not an answer. I'll do some more reading. Thanks.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Perhaps you guys should add a FAQ to the front page with all the basic questions that get asked a lot. I've read a lot of this thread but not 159 pages.

Wow, the idiocy is amazing!

Oh, how I miss the old newbie posting policy  Roll Eyes

wankers? wankers.

Don't mind so much the questions... That's what we're here for afterall.

Except in cases where the answers are either the post before or at least on the same page, then it's a bit of RTFPage.

My post was targeted more for the spam posts and non-sensical posts like MR BigFont above. Wink
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Perhaps you guys should add a FAQ to the front page with all the basic questions that get asked a lot. I've read a lot of this thread but not 159 pages.

Wow, the idiocy is amazing!

wankers? wankers.

Activity: 406
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Activity: 4
We need to start trading altcoins!! Use Your bitcoin you earn here to buy some altcoins!!!!get Your friends innto bitcoin!!!
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
Can anyone confirm that if profitability goes <100%LTC, then even though it says eg. 87%, then we ARE in fact just mining LTC at 100%?

This question get asked about one per page on average. When we mine, its completely random whether we find coins in the work we do or not. the "100%" is the expected average. Not the value of the coin we're mining.
Jump to: