Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 282. (Read 554387 times)

Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Some people don't read and some people don't maths.

Admins claimed that low profit hours would be offset by high profit hours and average out around normal, but the average for the last 24 hours is only 85% LTC. That is a problem.

Just because there is a temporary jump above 100% doesn't guarantee the average will be above 100% if they ware way below that the rest of the time. Maybe they aren't getting DOGE blocks as often as they thought they would. When you're that small variance can be a killer.

I saw this coming and switched to mining LTC yesterday.

I wish i saw it coming and switch back to middlecoin or something, the payouts there just blew the roof off last week
Hi all,

Total newbie to mining, just built my first rig and got it running.

I really like the website and ease of use Terk, well done and keep up the good work.  Wink

I have just increased my hash power from 2 X R9 280x cards that I have been using for the past week in my desktop to 6 x R9 280x cards, built a dedicated mining rig, it will be going up to 8 in total when the riser cables arrive. 2 cards in pc and 6 in the mining rig.

Really struggled to get to grips with setting up, but finally all working now...until the riser cables come and then configure it again. That's when I will probably be asking questions for help.

Nice to be here.  Smiley

Axco.

Good luck dude, that's some nice hashpower you will get !
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
The last five hours have seen profits well above 100% LTC, so the issue may have been fixed.
Activity: 56
Hi all,

Total newbie to mining, just built my first rig and got it running.

I really like the website and ease of use Terk, well done and keep up the good work.  Wink

I have just increased my hash power from 2 X R9 280x cards that I have been using for the past week in my desktop to 6 x R9 280x cards, built a dedicated mining rig, it will be going up to 8 in total when the riser cables arrive. 2 cards in pc and 6 in the mining rig.

Really struggled to get to grips with setting up, but finally all working now...until the riser cables come and then configure it again. That's when I will probably be asking questions for help.

Nice to be here.  Smiley

Axco.

Activity: 23
Some people don't read and some people don't maths.

Admins claimed that low profit hours would be offset by high profit hours and average out around normal, but the average for the last 24 hours is only 85% LTC. That is a problem.

Just because there is a temporary jump above 100% doesn't guarantee the average will be above 100% if they ware way below that the rest of the time. Maybe they aren't getting DOGE blocks as often as they thought they would. When you're that small variance can be a killer.

I saw this coming and switched to mining LTC yesterday.
Activity: 434
You guys don't read.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Only 83% profitability at the moment, anyone know what's up with that ?

Yup. Never seen an average under 100% when I was beta testing. Let me see if I can catch Terk on IRC.
Only 83% profitability at the moment, anyone know what's up with that ?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
This looks pretty interesting. Anyone try Gridseed chip miners on this pool?
Activity: 3
hey guys, so i ran into a problem. i was trying to edit my pool info while drunk (the LAST time ill ever do that), and i accidentally put the user name as X instead of my username. for the past 6 hours i have been mining under that. is there anyway that balance can be transferred to my actual bitcoin account? i can verify its me by showing that my hash rate (12.8Mh/s) is the exact same for my actual user name.

I really hope you get sorted mate, and I'm sure Terk will sort you out, but I couldn't help but laugh Smiley It's the type of thing I would do!

So to drunk-texting and drunk-facebooking, we must now add drunk-mining Tongue

Yes! Terk responded so quickly in the IRC and is gonna make sure the IP address matches to confirm its me. I was so worried! Just switched from middlecoin and i already love this pool based on the quick support. After i fixed the issue and went on IRC, i busted out laughing as well Smiley
Activity: 19
hi, one newbie here and i am sorry if answer is allready here,
but there is so much to learn and i am just confused.

i would like to try mining in this pool, and just first start with my laptop/desktop.
before investing more maybe....
is there miner software to cpu/gpu for win7 32bit with support that stratum url.
and configuration guide? I think I just have some stupid simple issues...
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
hey guys, so i ran into a problem. i was trying to edit my pool info while drunk (the LAST time ill ever do that), and i accidentally put the user name as X instead of my username. for the past 6 hours i have been mining under that. is there anyway that balance can be transferred to my actual bitcoin account? i can verify its me by showing that my hash rate (12.8Mh/s) is the exact same for my actual user name.

I really hope you get sorted mate, and I'm sure Terk will sort you out, but I couldn't help but laugh Smiley It's the type of thing I would do!

So to drunk-texting and drunk-facebooking, we must now add drunk-mining Tongue
Activity: 3
Activity: 662
Merit: 500
Hi

What's going on with the btc/mh/day ? Why are we making so little ? are we mining to much doge ?

Dude.. just read what he wrote.. based on 72h we´ll be making more profit.
Activity: 51
Hi

What's going on with the btc/mh/day ? Why are we making so little ? are we mining to much doge ?
Activity: 5
Just joined the pool!  All what you are saying is making sense.  A little patience pays off!
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
Just wondering, has the vardiff been re-enabled yet? Last I heard, that feature was turned off and set to static share diff 512 for diagnostic purposes.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
If you don't plan to switch away in a hour or three, then don't worry about us mining DOGE and the variance. There will be several hours worse than average but then there will be a reward like this one:

Of course we are not mining it all the time - only if it's significantly more profitable than other coins. When it's not, we are still mining other coins. This should give better profits in long-term (say 48/72-hour average).

I am aware that it doesn't look encouraging when you look at the 24-hour chart but I decided that your profits are more important than this. Most of users mining here now are not people who jump for an hour and then switch away. Most of you are mining here for days, so I decided it won't affect you in a negative way.

I am still trying to keep a balance between profitability and variance. If DOGE is only 5% more profitable than some other coin, then we will be mining this other coin. This is to ensure the flow of Bitcoins from the pool to the users won't stop. Our variance while mining DOGE is mathematically so big, that the 5% difference doesn't matter, so it's not enough profitable to switch to DOGE. With our average expected time to find a DOGE block, it is highly likely that DOGE price will change by more than this 5% (up or down) before we will find a block. This is why we switch to DOGE only if there is a bigger profitability gap between it and the second best coin. This results in percentage of our hashpower mining DOGE varying between 20% and 80% in different hours and that's fine. We mine DOGE when it's really much more profitable but we still mine other coins if they're more profitable or when the difference isn't that big.

For example, the hour that just ended had 128% LTC profitability, so we're doing our business as usual between times spent on mining DOGE. And time spent on mining DOGE isn't wasted, because we will score well enough to make up for our time when we find a block, just like when we found or first DOGE block before (on the image above).

Well, I shared more than I should about how and why the pool makes its choices, but I wanted to reassure you that our choices are good and there is a reason for them.

Side note/news: There's an IRC channel on Freenode which you can join if you want to talk about the pool with other users and/or me: #CleverMining
^ Think that is a really good post and way to go with the pool sir re balancing profitability and variance. Bravo.
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
I'm guessing you'd need to use it as a proxy, where all work is going through to your normal p2pool node (with payment address set to your pools address) and you were recording shares like normal on the front side of your proxy. I have no idea how multipool does it.

If it's of any help code-wise, here is a proxy setup someone wrote to act as a CPPSRB proxy between small miners and p2pool. The pool gets all the fees and then pays out miners based on their scores like any normal pool.

http://proxypool.doge.st/

Thanks a lot! This looks like it would do the job. I would need to check if it's stable and relatively bug-free and to change functions responsible for saving user shares data into database (because this software stores shares in a different way than my software does). This won't be difficult as I already have read related parts of its source code and identified what and where would need to be changed. Seems pretty straightforward even if I don't know Haskell language and this is actually my first time seeing any Haskell source code. But most languages are similar to all other, aren't they?

I'll wait with this until I'm sure that DOGE is here to stay. I don't mean stay as a coin but to stay near top of profitability list. DOGE rewards are halving in 1800 blocks = 30 hours and it should affect its profitability. For DOGE profitability to stay unchanged there would need one of the following to happen: 1) DOGE/BTC price remains the same but difficulty halves because half of miners went away; 2) Difficulty remains the same but price doubles; 3) Some combination of the above (e.g. difficulty drops by 50% and price rises by 50%).

I doubt any of these will happen overnight. They might happen but it will most likely take time - days or weeks - and I believe we will have enough our own hahspower at the time when DOGE profitability backs up to be able to mine them without proxying to p2pool.

In case if one of the above happened overnight, I'll start proxying our DOGE mining to p2pool using the software above. Thanks a lot for pointing me into this. I'll see what will happen when reward halves and will act accordingly then. My best guess is that DOGE will stop being that profitable for the next days/weeks, but of course I might be wrong. I don't think anyone predicted DOGE success and adoption rate so it might surprise again.

In the meantime we continue mining DOGE when it's significantly more profitable than other coins. That means using between 0% and 80% of our hashpower in any hour to mine DOGE. We'll be doing this until hitting next fat DOGE block and then I disable DOGE entirely again. Halving the reward will be coming soon and with our average time expected to mine a block it won't be worth to invest our time any more.
Activity: 434
This might be a good idea. I know absolutely nothing about p2pool, yet alone about how to plug an existing pool into p2pool, while still getting payment into a single address owned by the pool and being able to track shares submitted by individual users at the same time. If anyone has any knowledge, I'd appreciate pointing me into the right direction. If not, I'll research it later this evening to see what's possible and how to do it.

I'm guessing you'd need to use it as a proxy, where all work is going through to your normal p2pool node (with payment address set to your pools address) and you were recording shares like normal on the front side of your proxy. I have no idea how multipool does it.

If it's of any help code-wise, here is a proxy setup someone wrote to act as a CPPSRB proxy between small miners and p2pool. The pool gets all the fees and then pays out miners based on their scores like any normal pool.

http://proxypool.doge.st/
Jump to: