Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 284. (Read 554387 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
No, dude, you don't get it!  If you are mining for longer than a few hours it doesn't matter at all.  Crappy card or not, your hashes submitted will always have the same chance to get a share at any time.  With a higher difficulty the only thing that changes is the variance, which averages out over time.

I'd have to agree with this. I'm not any kind of expert and am still learning about stuff like shares and vardiff, but speaking as someone who is mining in this pool with only 240Khash, the difficulty change hasn't affected me. In fact it seems the opposite - I am seeing higher returns than I expected.

Whatever Terk is doing seems to be working well Smiley

Rit.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I am not sure why people are so obsessed with vardiff.  Changing the difficulty of submitted shares does nothing to find blocks faster or slower.  I was fine at middlecoin with diffs of 1024.  The pool doesn't get paid by shares, it gets paid by blocks.  I just like the website here better.

Because we have one crappy card, and 516 is too hard for shares.

What is your gpu? I got r9 290 with 883 kh/s mining in middlecoin. I mined yesterday in middlecoin for 24 hrs now and my Total BTC in a day is 0.12. I will switch to this pool after it is stable.

Surely you mean 0.012 BTC in 24 hours with that hashrate?   0.12 is just not possible!

It is a typo. Apology.
Activity: 44
I am not sure why people are so obsessed with vardiff.  Changing the difficulty of submitted shares does nothing to find blocks faster or slower.  I was fine at middlecoin with diffs of 1024.  The pool doesn't get paid by shares, it gets paid by blocks.  I just like the website here better.

What is your gpu? I got r9 290 with 883 kh/s mining in middlecoin. I mined yesterday in middlecoin for 24 hrs now and my Total BTC in a day is 0.12. I will switch to this pool after it is stable.

Surely you mean 0.012 BTC in 24 hours with that hashrate?   0.12 is just not possible!
Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Because you have a crappy card the whole pool must change for you? are you serious? are you a spoiled child?  Shocked ohh and its 256/512/1024

No, dude, you don't get it!  If you are mining for longer than a few hours it doesn't matter at all.  Crappy card or not, your hashes submitted will always have the same chance to get a share at any time.  With a higher difficulty the only thing that changes is the variance, which averages out over time.
Activity: 5
Looks like I was wrong. I must of not refreshed my page when I did my first screen capture and it was more than 10 minutes separating the two captures. Everything looks fine now.

Apologies for the false alarm.

George Jr.

Activity: 616
Merit: 522
Great updates only I think there is a problem. Instead of plotting the average of every 10 minutes, I think you are plotting the hashrate/reject rate for every minute.

When I compare a screen capture of my current hashrate graph to my old hashrate graph that is 10 minutes old, it should match up to one another(everything but the new data point). It doesn't. Don't want to rain on your parade hopefully this is a small bug.

It is exactly as it should be, you just don't consider that the graph scale might change. So while the numbers are exactly the same, the shape might be a little bit different (higher or lower depending on how the scale changed).

I made a test on top hashrate user. There are two following screenshots with 10 minute intervals. I made a screen with hovering above three points. You will see that the numbers for -10, -40 and -50 minutes are exactly matching numbers for -20, -50 and -60 minutes measured ten minutes later.

Activity: 27
Terk,

Great updates only I think there is a problem. Instead of plotting the average of every 10 minutes, I think you are plotting the hashrate/reject rate for every minute.

When I compare a screen capture of my current hashrate graph to my old hashrate graph that is 10 minutes old, it should match up to one another(everything but the new data point). It doesn't. Don't want to rain on your parade hopefully this is a small bug.

Is anyone else seeing this? Hopefully its not only my problem. I tried to post screen-captures, but I'm having trouble get the image to show up right.

Great work so far. I am a fan.

Thanks,
George Jr.

I'm not 100% sure, but it looks fairly close to me. I was just gaming on my computer and the timeline doesn't seem too far off from when I went back to mining.
Activity: 5
Terk,

Is anyone else seeing this? Hopefully its not only my problem. I tried to post screen-captures, but I'm having trouble get the image to show up right.

Great work so far. I am a fan.

Thanks,
George Jr.

Activity: 79

883kh/s? What settings good sir? I have 4 and they dont hit near that high. Which cards too? I run the 1st gen reference cards. Thanks in advanced
I enabled DOGE even if we're still small, but there are moments today when it's too much more profitable than other coins to ignore it. So we will be mining it when it is the most profitable.

There will be much more hourly variance because of that and we can have couple hours with very low results or even without any block found. You shouldn't worry, finally there will come an hour when we find a block and make up for previous hours. During times when DOGE isn't that profitable, we will be mining other coins as usual.
Real-time hashrate and rejected percentage data is available on user pages. It's updated every minute and shows last 60 minutes in 10-minute intervals. It isn't very pretty but it's working. The user page starts growing so I think I'll split it into some subpages soon so that you don't load all this data when refreshing the page.

Hashrate stats update every minute, so for example at 02:55 the “-10 min” data shows data for 02:45 - 02:54, “-20 min” for 02:35 - 02:44, and so on. One minute later they will be showing 02:46 - 02:55 and so on.

Let me know if the above is obvious from the charts or should I explain it somewhere on the website.

Rejected percentage shows both your rejected and average pool-wide rejected. It allows comparing your rejected ratio to average ratio so you could tell if a sudden spike in your rejected ratio is something you should worry (if pool average didn't spike) or is it just some faster coin being mined at the moment (if pool average spiked as well).

This is how it looks:

Activity: 42
I am not sure why people are so obsessed with vardiff.  Changing the difficulty of submitted shares does nothing to find blocks faster or slower.  I was fine at middlecoin with diffs of 1024.  The pool doesn't get paid by shares, it gets paid by blocks.  I just like the website here better.

What is your gpu? I got r9 290 with 883 kh/s mining in middlecoin. I mined yesterday in middlecoin for 24 hrs now and my Total BTC in a day is 0.012. I will switch to this pool after it is stable.
Activity: 44
I am not sure why people are so obsessed with vardiff.  Changing the difficulty of submitted shares does nothing to find blocks faster or slower.  I was fine at middlecoin with diffs of 1024.  The pool doesn't get paid by shares, it gets paid by blocks.  I just like the website here better.

Over time you will find that a higher diff will average the same income as a lower diff.  Look at your WU stat in CG Miner, this shows you your Work Utility per minute.

CG Miner docs give the description of WU as "WU: The Work Utility defined as the number of diff1 shares work / minute (accepted or rejected)."

Your WU will never match your hashrate, but it should be close, a difference of about -10% isn't too much to worry about.

Remember you would need to find 2 x 256 diff shares in a minute to achieve the same WU as 1 x 512 diff share a minute.  So yes you may find less shares, but they are worth more to you.  

I have a small setup and even with middlecoin mining with 1024, I was perfectly fine and still making good money. Time for now is better spent elsewhere I'm sure, fixing various issues and such.

Small setup as in how much?

One card at 220kh/s and my other card around 730kh/s.
Activity: 21
My Laptop with 300 khash is running fine on the 512 difficult. It fluctates more but in the average the reportet hashrate fits to the hashrate shown in cgminer.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I have a small setup and even with middlecoin mining with 1024, I was perfectly fine and still making good money. Time for now is better spent elsewhere I'm sure, fixing various issues and such.

Small setup as in how much?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Because you have a crappy card the whole pool must change for you? are you serious? are you a spoiled child?  Shocked ohh and its 256/512/1024

First, sir, insults won't get you anywhere, and I am not a spoiled child.
Second, you must take note that not everyone mines with huge rigs, although I am building one right now.
Also, that crappy attitude won't get you anywhere.

But you understand what you asks from de PO and the people who are mining?
Later you have a new whish when your setup has changed? Again please change this and that?

Ohh and you are not less then anyone with a bigger rig, that was not the purpose of my message

The setup won't have to be changed in the future. Vardiff works out the best difficulty for you according to your hashrate. It doesn't matter what hashrate you have, it always gives you the best one.
Activity: 19
why dont mine ltc when theres no other options that are more proitable ?
Activity: 84

First, sir, insults won't get you anywhere, and I am not a spoiled child.
Second, you must take note that not everyone mines with huge rigs, although I am building one right now.
Also, that crappy attitude won't get you anywhere.

But you understand what you asks from de PO and the people who are mining?
Later you have a new whish when your setup has changed? Again please change this and that?

Ohh and you are not less then anyone with a bigger rig, that was not the purpose of my message
Jump to: