Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 283. (Read 554387 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 522
I just started mining on this amazing pool! Really like it!
also i, but i have 20% rejects with 2mh  Grin Grin Huh

Please read this and check if it helps you: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5063819
You might plug your doge mining into p2pool instead of soloing mining, if you solo mine atm. I think multipool does that on all of their coins actually (uses p2pool networks). This way they can get the lower variance p2pool provides for each coin.

This might be a good idea. I know absolutely nothing about p2pool, yet alone about how to plug an existing pool into p2pool, while still getting payment into a single address owned by the pool and being able to track shares submitted by individual users at the same time. If anyone has any knowledge, I'd appreciate pointing me into the right direction. If not, I'll research it later this evening to see what's possible and how to do it.
QNX
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
also i, but i have 20% rejects with 2mh  Grin Grin Huh
Activity: 239
Merit: 101
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
You might plug your doge mining into p2pool instead of soloing mining, if you solo mine atm. I think multipool does that on all of their coins actually (uses p2pool networks). This way they can get the lower variance p2pool provides for each coin.
Activity: 406

Are you investigating Clevermining and leave Middlecoin?  Smiley

Absolutely not leaving Middlecoin.  I like their crappy website and awesome phone app Smiley

If you don't plan to switch away in a hour or three, then don't worry about us mining DOGE and the variance. There will be several hours worse than average but then there will be a reward like this one:

Of course we are not mining it all the time - only if it's significantly more profitable than other coins. When it's not, we are still mining other coins. This should give better profits in long-term (say 48/72-hour average).

I am aware that it doesn't look encouraging when you look at the 24-hour chart but I decided that your profits are more important than this. Most of users mining here now are not people who jump for an hour and then switch away. Most of you are mining here for days, so I decided it won't affect you in a negative way.

I am still trying to keep a balance between profitability and variance. If DOGE is only 5% more profitable than some other coin, then we will be mining this other coin. This is to ensure the flow of Bitcoins from the pool to the users won't stop. Our variance while mining DOGE is mathematically so big, that the 5% difference doesn't matter, so it's not enough profitable to switch to DOGE. With our average expected time to find a DOGE block, it is highly likely that DOGE price will change by more than this 5% (up or down) before we will find a block. This is why we switch to DOGE only if there is a bigger profitability gap between it and the second best coin. This results in percentage of our hashpower mining DOGE varying between 20% and 80% in different hours and that's fine. We mine DOGE when it's really much more profitable but we still mine other coins if they're more profitable or when the difference isn't that big.

For example, the hour that just ended had 128% LTC profitability, so we're doing our business as usual between times spent on mining DOGE. And time spent on mining DOGE isn't wasted, because we will score well enough to make up for our time when we find a block, just like when we found or first DOGE block before (on the image above).

Well, I shared more than I should about how and why the pool makes its choices, but I wanted to reassure you that our choices are good and there is a reason for them.

Side note/news: There's an IRC channel on Freenode which you can join if you want to talk about the pool with other users and/or me: #CleverMining
Vbs
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Started mining on this pool and my discard rate percentage is crazy.

Getworks   Accepted   Rejected   Hardware Errors   Utility   Discarded
337           39           9           0                   1.765           669

scan time = 28
expiry = 7
queue = 1

even at queue 0 it was this bad.. tried 30/30 on scan and expiry and no diff..

is this normal for the pool ?

Scan time  and Expiry shouldn't really have any effect on a Stratum pool.  But I wouldn't set my Expiry that low in any case.  Put them back to default Scan = 30, Expiry = 120 and see what happens.

You really only need to play with these setting if your solo mining or using a Getwork pool, so you would have a low scan time to detect new blocks.  But Stratum pools will tell you when there is a new block, so it's not necessary.

+1! Smiley

Try setting both to 9999 and queue to 0 (remember that the staged work, ST, is always 1+queue).

Your discarded stats are normal, as staged work is discarded on "new blocks" (real new blocks for the mined coin or coin switches, displayed as NB on cgminer's stats).

Discarded work approaches ST*Getworks. As you were using extra staged work in queue = 1 (meaning ST=2, two staged work items), you should get around 2*337 = 674 discards.
Activity: 662
Merit: 500
I think it will be more profitable if we don't mine Doge. We are to small. Please deaktivate doge.

Just wait... it´s the right decision to mine doge or at least to test it!

Thanks Terk!! Incredible job!
Activity: 21
I think it will be more profitable if we don't mine Doge. We are to small. Please deaktivate doge.
Activity: 50
My last 12 hours on CleverMining. I'm am happy with he pool. Thanks Terk for the hard work!

http://i58.tinypic.com/15843lj.jpg

Btw not once did the pool disconnect in those last 12 hours.  Wink
Activity: 24
Thank you!  This right here is one of the main reasons I wanted to mine here.  I really like the way the stats are shown and provided.  Well that and the profitability.   Wink

I'm also happy to say my rejects continue to be at a lower acceptable level after that last update.  The chart shows I'm around a constant 2-3% and that's perfectly fine by me.  Please keep doing what you're doing and thank you again for it!

Real-time hashrate and rejected percentage data is available on user pages. It's updated every minute and shows last 60 minutes in 10-minute intervals. It isn't very pretty but it's working. The user page starts growing so I think I'll split it into some subpages soon so that you don't load all this data when refreshing the page.
Activity: 50
My rejected graph looks incredibly bad!
How is yours?
https://i.imgur.com/bQSCXwT.png

That is really nothing to worry about, my last hour looks like below, yet over 11 hours the rejects are just 3.6%.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2ilkbgx.jpg
Activity: 19
once an hour i think
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
How often does the unexchanged be refreshed?
Activity: 44

337           39           9           0                   1.765           669

scan time = 28
expiry = 7
queue = 1

Scan time  and Expiry shouldn't really have any effect on a Stratum pool.  But I wouldn't set my Expiry that low in any case.  Put them back to default Scan = 30, Expiry = 120 and see what happens.

You really only need to play with these setting if your solo mining or using a Getwork pool, so you would have a low scan time to detect new blocks.  But Stratum pools will tell you when there is a new block, so it's not necessary.
Will give it another try, mining since 15min

3.2Mh/s tonight 1 extra 280x card
Activity: 14

337           39           9           0                   1.765           669

scan time = 28
expiry = 7
queue = 1

Activity: 248
My rejected graph looks incredibly bad!
How is yours?

Are you investigating Clevermining and leave Middlecoin?  Smiley
Jump to: