Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 68. (Read 554380 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
Ever plan on paying me?  3 weeks would sure seem like plenty of time....
Including your bitcoin address in your post would probably help speed up the support process..

I have already included it a half dozen times.   And been blown off each time.   Along with all the other people who haven't gotten paid either.  His software is obviously borked because I am not the only one having this problem; coins that were earned just stay in "waiting to be exchanged" forever.  Mine have been there for three weeks, others have had this problem longer.  He will eventually come along and promise "to fix it soon, just wait one more week please", at which point nothing will happen.  

I don't know if he is intentionally stealing from his customers, too incompetent to fix his code, or just doesn't give a shit, but eventually your coins will get stuck too just like mine and some other people's, and then you can join us in waiting Smiley

How about I mail you $1.65??  Terk is working on it.... I have more coins "stuck" than you, but you don't see me complaining.

Me the same! I think it not would be possible anymore!

Umm..What??  Huh
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Including your bitcoin address in your post would probably help speed up the support process..

I have already included it a half dozen times.   And been blown off each time.   Along with all the other people who haven't gotten paid either.  His software is obviously borked because I am not the only one having this problem; coins that were earned just stay in "waiting to be exchanged" forever.  Mine have been there for three weeks, others have had this problem longer.  He will eventually come along and promise "to fix it soon, just wait one more week please", at which point nothing will happen.  

I don't know if he is intentionally stealing from his customers, too incompetent to fix his code, or just doesn't give a shit, but eventually your coins will get stuck too just like mine and some other people's, and then you can join us in waiting Smiley

How about I mail you $1.65??  Terk is working on it.... I have more coins "stuck" than you, but you don't see me complaining.

Me the same! I think it not would be possible anymore!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I get it.  Since it's only a $1.65 it's okay for him to steal it, or because he stole more from you two it's okay to steal it from me?  
Or how about it obviously would have been more but I stopped mining there as soon as I realized I wasn't getting paid the full amount?
Or perhaps you two just think it is okay for a pool operator to steal funds from their user's, as long as it isn't that much?  By the way, what's the limit?  2 dollars?  10 dollars?  a hundred?  How much does he have to steal before it isn't okay?  How much has he stolen between me and the other people "missing" transactions?

Or perhaps I am being harsh accusing him of stealing, but then what do you call it when you know you owe someone money and don't pay them for 3 weeks?  I tried to be polite and patient but how long does it take for a pool to pay out if they are competent and honest?  

Anyways, since you two think it is such a trivial amount then I will take you up on your offer to "mail" me the money, please by all means go ahead and send the stol....I mean "stuck" bitcoins to my listed bitcoin address and I will consider the matter closed.  
Activity: 826

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

Regarding old unexchanged balances.

The pool has ~20 BTC of old unexchanged balance out of over 9500 BTC mined since the pool start, which is only 0.20%. They are some post-fork blocks that got stuck somewhere and automated scripts couldn't resolve their status automatically. I need to manually check and investigate what is the status of these mined blocks. The pool has mined almost 700,000 blocks of dozens different coins since start and there were over a hundred forks which we needed to resolve through, because these new pump-and-dump coins tend to fork a lot. The unexchanged balance are leftovers from forks which couldn't be resolved automatically by our scripts. Some part of this balance are just orphaned blocks and there are no valid coins behind them, so this part will be converted to zero as is any other orphaned block. Some part of this are valid blocks which got stuck somewhere and it will be resolved, exchanged and paid as usual.

I started sorting it manually today and I hope to finish it in this week. This is time-consuming and manual work, so please be patient.

He's not stealing, nor incompetent and does actually give a shit. So don't worry, he won't run away with your precious 1,95 usd.
Ever plan on paying me?  3 weeks would sure seem like plenty of time....

I have already included it a half dozen times.   And been blown off each time.   Along with all the other people who haven't gotten paid either.  His software is obviously borked because I am not the only one having this problem; coins that were earned just stay in "waiting to be exchanged" forever.  Mine have been there for three weeks, others have had this problem longer.  He will eventually come along and promise "to fix it soon, just wait one more week please", at which point nothing will happen. 

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
I am sorry for my typing mistake.
Please correct my account address from 1kqPAaw99YtCUKZf8ZbsjhR99krPURtNm6
to the right one 1KqPAaw99YtCUKZf8ZbSjhR99krPURtNm6
Again:

Wrong address-> 1kqPAaw99YtCUKZf8ZbsjhR99krPURtNm6
Right address -> 1KqPAaw99YtCUKZf8ZbSjhR99krPURtNm6

Thank you!

Corrected.
Activity: 1
I am sorry for my typing mistake.
Please correct my account address from 1kqPAaw99YtCUKZf8ZbsjhR99krPURtNm6
to the right one 1KqPAaw99YtCUKZf8ZbSjhR99krPURtNm6
Again:

Wrong address-> 1kqPAaw99YtCUKZf8ZbsjhR99krPURtNm6
Right address -> 1KqPAaw99YtCUKZf8ZbSjhR99krPURtNm6

Thank you!
Activity: 798
I am in UK - for some reason I pasted the US stratum server in my conf file instead of the EU stratum server!

So I know have some blades pointed at US and GS Mini pointed at EU stratums all under the same BTC address!

Does this actually matter?  Huh

No, as long as the worker addresses are the same, there's no problem.
I suggest you change all back to EU, since it's better.

TY for that - are you saying that the EU server is just better all round or better as I am in the UK?

Interestingly, I have been trying out MagicPool which is getting quite a lot of hashrate - comparing MP and CM, MP is 0.001020562 BTC/MHS/Day down on period 12th - 22nd June. Considering that Magic Pool is a 'switchpool switching pool' I would have thought there should be an advantage with them...

I think I read somewhere that the profitability check frequency is 6 hours - that's only 4 times a day so perhaps not granular enough?

EU server is nearer to you so its better, since the time it takes to send a completed share takes less time, there is a less chance that your share will get rejected or beckme stale.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

So, I finally got tired of my GPU mining and waiting for a payout, so I got one of those ASICMiner Block Erupters (Sapphire Miner).  I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr.

0: AMU 0       :                         | 397.4M / 335.7Mh/s WU: 4.2/m

If you are mining at clever with an ASIC, you have to make sure it can mine scrypt (litecoin and such)

A scrypt miner that does 330Mh/s costs about $7000. (A hi-end GPU does ~1Mh/s)

So clearly you aren't mining scrypt. I don't think your miner is capable of doing scrypt.

Yep, ASICMiner Sapphire is a Bitcoin miner (SHA256). vickumar - use eligius, btcguild, or some other bitcoin pool.
Activity: 58

So, I finally got tired of my GPU mining and waiting for a payout, so I got one of those ASICMiner Block Erupters (Sapphire Miner).  I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr.

If you are mining at clever with an ASIC, you have to make sure it can mine scrypt (litecoin and such)

A scrypt miner that does 330Mh/s costs about $7000. (A hi-end GPU does ~1Mh/s)

So clearly you aren't mining scrypt. I don't think your miner is capable of doing scrypt.
Activity: 2
OK, got a few more newbie questions.

First off, bfgminer, which I was using, didn't seem to work with the ASIC USB thing.  It reported an error rate of 100% after several hours of mining.

So, I installed cgminer using this link: http://blog.phrog.org/2013/07/06/simple-debian-cgminer-asicminer-block-erupter-usb-setup/

cgminer works, but I don't seem to be getting any accepted shares.  Also, in the command line, there didn't seem to be a --scrypt option, so I'm wondering if the rejected shares are b/c I didn't set the algo appropriately.

This is what my cgiminer screen looks like:

cgminer version 4.4.1 - Started: [2014-06-24 20:42:08]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 (5s):250.8M (1m):340.8M (5m):337.7M (15m):322.8M (avg):335.4Mh/s
 A:0  R:512  HW:0  WU:4.2/m
 Connected to us.clevermining.com diff 512 with stratum as user XXXX [I only give this out if you intend to send me tons of bitcoins]
 Block: 8cc1feef...  Diff:22  Started: [21:30:33]  Best share: 1.03K
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 SB management [P]ool management ettings [D]isplay options [Q]uit
 [2014-06-24 21:30:15] Network diff set to 24
 [2014-06-24 21:30:15] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-06-24 21:30:20] Network diff set to 23
 [2014-06-24 21:30:20] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-06-24 21:30:22] Stratum from pool 0 requested work restart
 [2014-06-24 21:30:25] Network diff set to 22
 [2014-06-24 21:30:25] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-06-24 21:30:28] Network diff set to 21
 [2014-06-24 21:30:28] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-06-24 21:30:33] Network diff set to 22
 [2014-06-24 21:30:33] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2014-06-24 21:30:33] Network diff set to 22
 [2014-06-24 21:30:33] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block

I've only had it running for about an hour, so I wanted to know if this is normal, and if I will eventually get any accepted blocks.  Also, does setting the difficulty (like say to 8192) change the rate of accepted and rejected blocks?

Thanks again.  The help is much appreciated.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
I'd be happy to return on CleverMining if/when X11 and/or scrypt-n is/will be supported

We're launching X11 and Scrypt-N this week!

What about multialgo? do you have plans to do something similar to what nicehash.com is doing?

When are You launching X11 and Scrypt-N, and do You have any plans to do MultiAlgo like NiceHash ?

I am really looking forward to both !
Activity: 339
Mmm... tend to agree...

All Switchpools = LazyMining

That's no disrespect to Terk or any of the great switchpools which have taken effort to build and operate - they certainly meet the need of 'I really do not have the time to keep watch on everything' mining!

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
I am in UK - for some reason I pasted the US stratum server in my conf file instead of the EU stratum server!

So I know have some blades pointed at US and GS Mini pointed at EU stratums all under the same BTC address!

TY for that - are you saying that the EU server is just better all round or better as I am in the UK?

Interestingly, I have been trying out MagicPool which is getting quite a lot of hashrate - comparing MP and CM, MP is 0.001020562 BTC/MHS/Day down on period 12th - 22nd June. Considering that Magic Pool is a 'switchpool switching pool' I would have thought there should be an advantage with them...

I think I read somewhere that the profitability check frequency is 6 hours - that's only 4 times a day so perhaps not granular enough?

MagicPool (or anybody else for that matter) can't predict future profitability, except to some limited extent with nicehash. When Waffle or Clever are wobbling around 100% LTC then MagicPool can't do much worse, but when there is a bubble like razorcoin it is as likely to be on the wrong pool as an individual miner. In other words, pick a pool yourself and save the extra fee.

Activity: 798

Pages:
Jump to: