Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 66. (Read 554380 times)

legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
I wonder if the drop in payout is mostly due to collapsing ltc and alt price in btc or to increasing network hashrate. Any guess?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Last pay was ridiculous, the sudden drop from one day to the other seems too much to be normal
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Without going through the hundreds of pages and massive search results

Do any of you know if there is an optimized settings specific for the clevermining pool, such as queue, scan time, and all those other options?
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
hello

everyone this might have been answered before ,been mining here for 137 days ......i don't see the point of mining any-more with my 2.2MH/s with litecoin  getting more difficulty with the per MH/s rate dropping every day.

so what should i do  invest more (gridseed) ? or just stop as the power bill is more than profit these days Sad

thanks
So you have 2.2MH of GPU's?

yes 
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
hello

everyone this might have been answered before ,been mining here for 137 days ......i don't see the point of mining any-more with my 2.2MH/s with litecoin  getting more difficulty with the per MH/s rate dropping every day.

so what should i do  invest more (gridseed) ? or just stop as the power bill is more than profit these days Sad

thanks
So you have 2.2MH of GPU's?
Activity: 27
hello

thanks
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Pools that change coins cause stops and starts as new work is issued based on the coin that appears to be the most profitable and this will show as a lower hashrate because you are changing work (blocks).

I'd also say, that this is the main problem.

It works like this:
The miner is working on a coin, while the pool already switched to another coin. The miner submits the done work to the pool and the pool answers: "Don't give me these results, they are no longer valid, because we are already working on another coin", throws it into the bin, and the submitted work is not counted for your REAL hashrate (the "pool-hashrate"). That explains the difference between what the mining-software shows and what the clevermining-website displays.

I'd say, if a switching-pool could/would solve this problem, the profits would be much higher. Why not let the miner still submit his work for the other coin, counting that as valid, and after that giving him work for the new coin? That should be solvable technically somehow, right?

Edit: If you see this behaviour, that also explains, why setting a high difficulty is not always the best solution. The same goes for the length of the work queue. Though the miner can work better, it takes longer to solve the work, and if the pool switched over to another coin in the meantime, before the miner could submit the results, even the best results don't count. With Vardiff it is the same problem. Vardiff continously adjusts to the possible hashrate of the miner. If you have a monster machine, it sets the share-difficulty high, and when the pool switches over to the next coin, before the work-results were submitted, all is lost and Vardiff then has to readjust. So if the pool switches often, you can really lose quite a lot of your possible profit.
Again, all switching pools should really work out a solution, that allows miners to deliver their work for the previously mined coin first and count that as valid, even if the pool already switched to the next, more profitable, coin.

there are some other multipools (it appears not this one) that will still accept shares for blocks on a different coin so this isnt always the case and varies by the pool.  this is also why on those other pools its best to still submit stale shares since sometimes (most actually) they will get accepted
Activity: 798
Hello Terk, I don't understand,  how you are calculating the LTC profitability, currently it shows 116% LTC Profitability and 0.00098 BTC per day per MH/S, I don't understand the calculation, Please anyone explain me. Thanks in advance...

It's quite simple, you know. LTC Profitability is at 0.0009494BTC/MHs/Day. What don't you understand?
Activity: 3
Hello Terk, I don't understand,  how you are calculating the LTC profitability, currently it shows 116% LTC Profitability and 0.00098 BTC per day per MH/S, I don't understand the calculation, Please anyone explain me. Thanks in advance...
clevemining     delay > 250MS  to china.
waffle            delay < 190MS  to china.

so - - plz.

uh. wat?

add chinese sever= = 

If you are a big whale, you can pay Terk to host a chinese CM server for you. If not, too bad too sorry.
Activity: 71

so - - plz.

uh. wat?

add chinese sever= = 
Activity: 294
Merit: 250

so - - plz.

uh. wat?
Activity: 71

so - - plz.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Pools that change coins cause stops and starts as new work is issued based on the coin that appears to be the most profitable and this will show as a lower hashrate because you are changing work (blocks).

It works like this:
The miner is working on a coin, while the pool already switched to another coin. The miner submits the done work to the pool and the pool answers: "Don't give me these results, they are no longer valid, because we are already working on another coin", throws it into the bin, and the submitted work is not counted for your REAL hashrate (the "pool-hashrate"). That explains the difference between what the mining-software shows and what the clevermining-website displays.

I'd say, if a switching-pool could/would solve this problem, the profits would be much higher. Why not let the miner still submit his work for the other coin, counting that as valid, and after that giving him work for the new coin? That should be solvable technically somehow, right?

Edit: If you see this behaviour, that also explains, why setting a high difficulty is not always the best solution. The same goes for the length of the work queue. Though the miner can work better, it takes longer to solve the work, and if the pool switched over to another coin in the meantime, before the miner could submit the results, even the best results don't count. With Vardiff it is the same problem. Vardiff continously adjusts to the possible hashrate of the miner. If you have a monster machine, it sets the share-difficulty high, and when the pool switches over to the next coin, before the work-results were submitted, all is lost and Vardiff then has to readjust. So if the pool switches often, you can really lose quite a lot of your possible profit.
Again, all switching pools should really work out a solution, that allows miners to deliver their work for the previously mined coin first and count that as valid, even if the pool already switched to the next, more profitable, coin.

+1
legendary
Activity: 840

It works like this:

Activity: 39
Any updates about X11 pool? I don't like it to have scrypt and X11 on different pools.
I am loosing around 4.5mhs today in this pool, My local hashrate shows perfect but the pool today is reporting 4.5mh lower on the greater part of today On the (Hash Stats Wheel). whats the go with that?

4.5mh is quite alot !

I am having the same issue.

Can you describe your issue more clearly, as in how much hash you are pointing at CM, and how much it reports? This doesn't help...
Activity: 3
No excuse for stuck coins. If blocks are being solved for a coin by any pool then they mature.  Pay up.  If you cant do a manual payouts yourself, just stay away from that pool.

I mined at clever but the hashrate I get there after days and days is 5-10% lower than at say coinotron or f2pool and f2pool is like 8000+ miles away.
I test pools with some of my miners for a week or 2, compare payouts and go from there.

1.3Mhs x 5= 5.4 at clever but 6.5-7 or more at another pool when the reject/stale rate is included. I lost a tiny bit of profit during the testing.

vardiff locked at 512 may be the cause but I dont have time to wait for someone to fix their pool.  I leave and check back in a few weeks. ROI is all that is important.

Also, dont be a dick because he may take offense and your $1 will never arrive.

The pool now supports manual difficulty.

NEW! Setup your own difficulty
Our new stratum server has VARDIFF enabled and it should work great for most users. But if you have a miner with dozens of chips working as a single connection you might want to setup your own difficulty. You can do this by using password d=XXXX where XXXX is number between 128 and 65536 (only powers of 2 are accepted, so 128, 256, 512, etc, e.g. d=512). This will set a fixed difficulty and disable vardiff. It works per connection so you can choose separate difficulty for each of your miners.

http://clevermining.com/faq

Some temporary changes to the pool
Temporarily vardiff is disabled and there's a fixed difficulty 512. Fee is at a fixed 2%. The FAQ isn't updated yet to reflect this.

Then why is that up on the site still?

Because there are much more important things to do than updating the stupid faq, such as tweaking the profit engine, fix stuck balances and prepare the x11 multipool?

Attention to detail ever hear of it?  If it is lacking in one place, the odds are other things are missed as well. Try to sorta kinda almost do a job in the real world and see where it gets you.  If I did it in my job, I would be gone and looking for a new job or jail time because people would be DEAD. Design a bridge that collapses at ANY time in its normal useful life and see where it gets you. There is no room for mistakes and sloppy work. I guess you work for the government where clueless people get to keep the job they have and get raises no matter what happens

Lack of attention to detail is why payouts are stuck. 100's of other pools get it right all day long everyday. The there are those who don't even look at the faq. What faqing idiots!

Next,
If the hashrate on your miners is stable then you are ok, If they are jumping all around on one pool and not other pools the flaky pool is the issue not your miners. Pools that change coins cause stops and starts as new work is issued based on the coin that appears to be the most profitable and this will show as a lower hashrate because you are changing work (blocks).

Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!
Remember, the hash rate on the pool is not the actual hashrate you are getting, but it is calculated based on the amount of shares submitted. Check your mining configuration, and your internet connection.

As long as it did not disconnect from the pool, you are earning 100% of what you are supposed to earn.
Although if you are having connection problems, less shares could be submitted, leaving you with the same actual hashrate, but less shares submitted to the website, so the site thinks that you have less of a hashrate due to the less shares.
Remember, the hash rate on the pool is not the actual hashrate you are getting, but it is calculated based on the amount of shares submitted. Check your mining configuration, and your internet connection.

As long as it did not disconnect from the pool, you are earning 100% of what you are supposed to earn.
Pages:
Jump to: