Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BITS][Bitstar] Now on Cryptopia, Nova and Yobit new wallet fork in testing - page 40. (Read 438035 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
It is scheduled to end at 12:00 today. That'll be 12:00 BST/DST what with the clocks having gone forward.

If there are calls for it to be extended for a few hours we are open to such requests.

The process will be that we will provide an update in the final hour announcing a 60minute countdown for final submissions. As soon as the submission period ends a table listing all the deposits will be posted, meaning that any further deposits made to those addresses will not count.

We'll give some time for the community to confirm they are happy that all looks in order and then will post a second table listing the proportional share each deposit will receive. Once confirmed by the community again that the numbers tally we will begin sending the coins to the listed receiving addresses and seek confirmation that everyone has received the number of coins they expected.

Finally, once the distribution has been completed the Bitstarcoins in the deposit addresses will all be consolidated into one address which can be monitored by the community until the new BITS wallet is released. This new codebase will omit that address in the new chain, resulting in a confirmed burn and reduction in total coin supply.

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011
jakiman is back!
When does this buy in end exactly?

I'm currently overseas and will have access to my BITS wallet via remote connection in about 12 hours.  Cry
Edit: I was able to buy(generate batl address & send bits) via my mobile phone. Let's see how this goes!
Activity: 480
Merit: 250
OK I've sent in what I feel is a fair amount of BITS from my hoard (which isn't that many compared to most BitStar whales) to burn and see what BATL is all about. Worth it for the experiment in my view. Still holding most of BITS though.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
Blackcoin's PoS v3

Both coins will be on that codebase.
The new coin is based on Blackcoin's PoS V3 which has removed the coin-age from the staking calculation. This means that block rewards are static and only awarded as you stake, not accumulated into a lump-sum as they currently are when old coin balances are staked after being offline for a long period.

It will ensure that the holders who will benefit most from staking are those who are actively supporting the network through regular or continual staking.
One of the factors in the dev team moving Bitstars to a new codebase and chain, asides from accommodating for the burn and coin-count adjustment, is that the Blackcoin PoS v3 staking calculation removes the coin-age from the equation and implements a static block reward. What this translates into is a staking process which rewards users for actually staking and supporting the network continuously, not simply leaving their wallet offline and benefiting from a windfall on the occasions they deign to load it up and unlock it, as a result of their network 'weight' being excessive due to the coin-age (How long their coins have been in the same address without being moved or staked).
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
What is the cloned PoS platform for BATL?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Ppl that are interested already did I am sure.
Unless this new coin is offered on other forums, it is very limited. 

Intentionally so for a number of reasons. I again remind people who are unaware of the facts of this process to read the Q&A's posted in the OP.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Unless this new coin is offered on other forums, it is very limited.  I guess you can say it is an opportunity for a few to get in on a new coin.  Only fair to those who frequent this thread, so feel privledged.

Although not interested in the new coin, I am curious to see how this ends up.

Ps, also no experience with Mac, but there are windows emulaters that some run on ios.  Sure google would point you there.
...it is merely a way for the new coin to be fairly distributed and create a sufficient level of vested interest...
I got lucky and just happened to read the thread; others will totally miss the opportunity.
All those who have participated in this thread and are sufficiently active in this forum will be aware of it. It has been discussed for quite some time now. That should be more than sufficient to ensure a high enough ratio of people who will support the network through staking and not simply be drive-by speculators hoping to flip a quick profit and dump on the market the moment it is put on an exchange.

So what is the app being developed anyway?
That information is not being released at this time. Please do not confuse the app, which is a private commercial project, with the new coin, which is an open-source publicly-owned coin network.

I only have a mac: does this mean I am unable to obtain a new address for the burn process? Any suggestions on how to get a new address without a Window's machine?

I honestly am at a loss to answer that as I have no experience with Macs. Hopefully somebody else will be able to help with that question.

Yes there is no problem sending from an exchange address as the address you are submitting is from the new coin's wallet and not a BITS address.

Thanks but another issues came up: I only have a mac: does this mean I am unable to obtain a new address for the burn process? Any suggestions on how to get a new address without a Window's machine?
Yes there is no problem sending from an exchange address as the address you are submitting is from the new coin's wallet and not a BITS address.
Seeing that we input a new address to receive the "new" token, I assume it is okay to send BITS from an exchange for the burn process, right?
...it is merely a way for the new coin to be fairly distributed and create a sufficient level of vested interest...
It just seems like interest to keep the new chain working well will be minimal. Additionally, only 2 days to submit BITS seems too narrow a window to attract enough interest....I got lucky and just happened to read the thread; others will totally miss the opportunity. I think you are limiting your chance for success imho.

So what is the app being developed anyway?
Well seeing as it is a new chain it syncs pretty much instantly so as you requested the source code in order to compile it in Linux it would suggest something is amiss there. I've asked the devs to check.

Activity: 101
I have 3 active connections with the new wallet, but can't sync anything: the fifth block seems to be "banned":
Code:
SetBestChain: new best=0abba6591cc57f2a8e9c13e43efbeb42f20297bd28f4ca6022e13da8ce7244c4  height=4  trust=5242885  blocktrust=1048577  date=03/25/16 20:06:30
ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
ERROR: AcceptBlock() : incorrect proof-of-work
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : AcceptBlock FAILED
I deleted all inside ~/.batl/ and restarted but it fails at the same block again and again...

Are you trying to mine in the wallet?
Not yet, since I don't have any BATL and it is not sync'ed!
I have 3 active connections with the new wallet, but can't sync anything: the fifth block seems to be "banned":
Code:
SetBestChain: new best=0abba6591cc57f2a8e9c13e43efbeb42f20297bd28f4ca6022e13da8ce7244c4  height=4  trust=5242885  blocktrust=1048577  date=03/25/16 20:06:30
I deleted all inside ~/.batl/ and restarted but it fails at the same block again and again...

Are you trying to mine in the wallet?
Is this new coin planned to get on exchanges?

It will be added to an exchange once the distribution is completed and the second wallet issue has been done. The second wallet should be issued in the next couple of weeks I believe.

As a public coin network it needs to trade freely and establish price discovery through natural market forces.

Activity: 101
Code:
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
Is this new coin planned to get on exchanges?
Pages:
Jump to: