Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BITS][Bitstar] Now on Cryptopia, Nova and Yobit new wallet fork in testing - page 43. (Read 438035 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
My wallet stopped syncing new blocks but it is connected to 18 peers and knows that I'm getting further and further behind.
This is now about the 3rd or 4th time doing this in the past year or so. Not happy... Lucky there's a recent fast start pack!
Yeah mine has done the same thing...again. I feel your pain. For me it seems once synced if I leave the wallet open, then it stays synced. If I close it for a day or two and try to resync a few hundred blocks, it stalls and never catches up, getting further and further away. I downloaded the fast start. hopefully syncs ok, but the fast start puts me further back then i was before, and is S-L-OOOOOOOOO-W to sync. Gonna have to leave it open another week just to catch up at this rate.
We really need a new walleet. FYI, I am running the OS X wallet.
All of these different crypto wallets have gotten too large and resource intensive to keep them open all the time. Some worse then others.
I was an early bitter coin adopter myself. Been here since the beginning.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011
jakiman is back!
My wallet stopped syncing new blocks but it is connected to 18 peers and knows that I'm getting further and further behind.
This is now about the 3rd or 4th time doing this in the past year or so. Not happy... Lucky there's a recent fast start pack!
legendary
jakiman is back!
Actually it appears that date reference should have followed the next line, the current coin count. I'll ask it be corrected.

Cool. That makes more sense. Grin
Activity: 126
(or am i still reading it wrong?)

As of the 8th of February 2016. It isn't in US date format.

- Total PoW+POS coin supply: 54.25 million as of 08/02/16. (PoW ended May 2014 at 15 million)
- Current coin supply 20.1m

Actually it appears that date reference should have followed the next line, the current coin count. I'll ask it be corrected.

legendary
jakiman is back!

Total PoW+POS coin supply: 54.25 million as of 08/02/16. (PoW ended May 2014 at 15 million)

Is that correct?

That 54.24 million figure is the max supply, not the issued.

So you are saying it will increase from the current 20million coin supply to 54million in the next 4.5 months as stated? (or am i still reading it wrong?)

Total PoW+POS coin supply: 54.25 million as of 08/02/16. (PoW ended May 2014 at 15 million)

Is that correct?

That 54.24 million figure is the max supply, not the issued.
legendary
jakiman is back!
On the OP, I noticed this info:

Is that correct?

Current money supply accoring to block explorer is only 20625470.
Is there a new ETA on this new wallet's release? or ETA on the new project?

We're hoping that the new coin's wallet will be ready some time next week. A new Bitstarcoin wallet won't be issued until after the distribution of the new coin has been completed and verified.

legendary
jakiman is back!
Just a quick update, new fast start pack will be uploaded tomorrow, and we're working on a new wallet on a totally different code base, tests so far have been going good with the new wallet code, there should be a private headless build in the next week to make Supernet MGW work again, then after another week or 2 testing we'll release windows/mac versions, our plan is to do this whole release without a hard fork.  

Is there a new ETA on this new wallet's release? or ETA on the new project?
Any timeline (subject to change of course) is better than none that's all. Wink
Activity: 480
Merit: 250
What gives you the impression that Bitstar is going to be abandoned?

As for the multipool, it is known that most standard PoS wallets suffer CPU usage issues, the replacement wallet and new chain for BITS will resolve that.

Sorry, perhaps it's more a fear than anything else, but I've invested a lot in BITS for almost the last two years, so I'm well, invested in it's success.

When you say the new wallet are you talking about the one that's based on BlackCoin's way of handling Proof Of Stake interest?
What gives you the impression that Bitstar is going to be abandoned?

As for the multipool, it is known that most standard PoS wallets suffer CPU usage issues, the replacement wallet and new chain for BITS will resolve that.
Well this is not good news. zpool.ca (previously xpool.ca) has just announced they will be dropping BitStar as a payout option this friday - https://twitter.com/_xpool_/status/707569109496508417 I've been "mining" BitStar this way since the beginning and the regular buying of BitStar on the exchanges that creates has helped keep the price relatively stable at 0.00000900 - 0.00001000 BTC Without a multipool that pays out in BitStar, I fear the price may take a hit. I know everyone is busy, but is there a chance of resurrecting the official multipool, or finding a new multipool who is willing to add BITS as a payout option?

UPDATE: The operator of zpool.ca responded to my tweet complaining about the removal of BITS that the wallet was taking up 50% of his servers CPU all the time, and with more and more miners he can't afford the resources for BITS anymore (at least that was the gist of it).
For BITS to get noticed by other investors, there needs to be higher volume. Does anyone reading this thread how to work a trade-bot?

Please don't do that. Creating a false market isn't helpful. If this new coin experiment works out well then the facts can speak for themselves and we will propose that BITS be burned in future for similarly fair distribution of other projects we have in mind, which would likely result in a great deal of legitimate market interest.

My concern is that while I'm interested in new projects, I'd hate to see BITS get abandoned. I'd like to see my investment in BitStar itself prove worthwhile.

Sorry, burned? I have not read the full thread. What and when are you proposing to burn BITS and what are the proposed projects?

Please read the OP of this thread for all the information you need. If you have any questions after having read it feel free to post them.
Activity: 313
For BITS to get noticed by other investors, there needs to be higher volume. Does anyone reading this thread how to work a trade-bot?

Please don't do that. Creating a false market isn't helpful. If this new coin experiment works out well then the facts can speak for themselves and we will propose that BITS be burned in future for similarly fair distribution of other projects we have in mind, which would likely result in a great deal of legitimate market interest.

So for investors is best to get some BITS and use them to stake at what is left now  at 25% staking phase for year return and next year at 10%. BITS is one of best performing currency what comes of staking. Staking will be even better with new staking engine from blackcoin V3. Hope that it will reduce Cpu usage as there is complains of that in supernet slack channel.
Activity: 585
Merit: 500

Sorry, burned? I have not read the full thread. What and when are you proposing to burn BITS and what are the proposed projects?
Activity: 196
Merit: 251
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I am downloading the faststart (been away for a while here).

Gonna catch up!  and still holding from the early days,

Activity: 122
Merit: 100
looking to buy 50,000 bits, pm me if you would like to sell them
Pages:
Jump to: