Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BITS][Bitstar] Now on Cryptopia, Nova and Yobit new wallet fork in testing - page 45. (Read 438035 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011
jakiman is back!
It shouldn't take too long after the new coin has been distributed for the dev team to issue a basic wallet for BITS on the new codebase. It will of course be necessary to verify that the burn/buy process has been reviewed and accepted by the community as all correct and in order, before tackling such things as issuing a new chain for BITS.

One of the factors in the dev team moving Bitstars to a new codebase and chain, asides from accommodating for the burn and coin-count adjustment, is that the Blackcoin PoS v3 staking calculation removes the coin-age from the equation and implements a static block reward. What this translates into is a staking process which rewards users for actually staking and supporting the network continuously, not simply leaving their wallet offline and benefiting from a windfall on the occasions they deign to load it up and unlock it, as a result of their network 'weight' being excessive due to the coin-age (How long their coins have been in the same address without being moved or staked).

The wallet for the new coin is nearing completion but we'll make sure to check beforehand whether anybody is still having trouble getting their Bitstar wallets caught up and synchronised so that nobody feels they will miss out on the chance to participate.

Thanks T3C. Glad to know that work is in progress in the background.

BTW, It's great that BITS doesn't get hyped up. But maybe it does need a little bit of promotion by the devs?
e.g. For the last 8 months, I'm pretty much the only person who actually tweets about BITS! (excluding bots/pools)
legendary
jakiman is back!
I think I'm going to need a new bootstrap. Ever since I upgraded my router, I can't synchronize my Bitstar wallet. It's over 21,000 blocks behind and I get gradually kicked off the network after the wallet has been running for a few minutes. I have staking turned off (although I have a lot of coins "trapped" in the staking state) but it still won't sync. I've tried restarting the wallet and it just does the same thing. My other wallets are working OK. Please post a new bootstrap ASAP. Thanks!

Doe you have Map port using UPnP checked in wallet's network settings? If not, try checking it.
I don't use any nodes in my conf file and still have 16 active connections and sync up just fine.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
It shouldn't take too long after the new coin has been distributed for the dev team to issue a basic wallet for BITS on the new codebase. It will of course be necessary to verify that the burn/buy process has been reviewed and accepted by the community as all correct and in order, before tackling such things as issuing a new chain for BITS.

One of the factors in the dev team moving Bitstars to a new codebase and chain, asides from accommodating for the burn and coin-count adjustment, is that the Blackcoin PoS v3 staking calculation removes the coin-age from the equation and implements a static block reward. What this translates into is a staking process which rewards users for actually staking and supporting the network continuously, not simply leaving their wallet offline and benefiting from a windfall on the occasions they deign to load it up and unlock it, as a result of their network 'weight' being excessive due to the coin-age (How long their coins have been in the same address without being moved or staked).

The wallet for the new coin is nearing completion but we'll make sure to check beforehand whether anybody is still having trouble getting their Bitstar wallets caught up and synchronised so that nobody feels they will miss out on the chance to participate.

legendary
jakiman is back!
Any rough ETA on when we'll get the new BITS wallet?
Activity: 480
Merit: 250
I think I'm going to need a new bootstrap. Ever since I upgraded my router, I can't synchronize my Bitstar wallet. It's over 21,000 blocks behind and I get gradually kicked off the network after the wallet has been running for a few minutes. I have staking turned off (although I have a lot of coins "trapped" in the staking state) but it still won't sync. I've tried restarting the wallet and it just does the same thing. My other wallets are working OK. Please post a new bootstrap ASAP. Thanks!
Activity: 66
Have you tried 'repairwallet' in console?

I certainly have. Just tells me everything is fine from what I can see.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
Yeah I already recommended that as a good starting point for correcting wallet issues.
Have you tried 'repairwallet' in console?

Activity: 66
Thanks for the suggestions. When I type anything into the console, such as the suggested prompts, I just get an error message saying 'Method not found (code -32601)'.

Strange but it ain't doing nothing Sad

Hi! I'm sorry, my mistake. Correct command is reservebalance and it should return: false and 0.0000 if coins are free for staking.

I tried this, and also the -resync but my wallet still isn't generating coins for some reason.

Does this mean I need to start again?

Gah...
It is also really important to understand the practical difference between cutting-edge technology and that which is bleeding-edge. For example, part of the problem with the work being done with SuperNET over the past year is the fact that James innovates at a rate which frequently resulted in earlier code versions becoming obsolete shortly after going live. While it was impressive to witness, it doesn't make for a sufficiently stable environment within which to operate commercially.

Given enough time I have no doubt SuperNET will deliver on the expectations the community has of it. Business-wise, however, there is more than enough to gain in the meantime by developing systems which utilise 'standard' cryptocurrency tech, but for it to be done in a bespoke fashion which serves to solve or ameliorate an existing problem enough to implement a free-flowing commercial mechanism which provides the value to the network, rather than simply speculating about the possible future usefulness of new crypto-tech.

legendary
jakiman is back!
I also agree that anonymity isn't really that important unless it's unique enough to demonstrate the prowess of the dev's skills.
All these changes must slow development

Actually, no, these changes will help resolve the technical issues experienced with the SuperNET MGW after its codebase was refactored. It should ensure that BITS can be restored to their GUI and iDEX platforms.

As for your question about anonymity, the dev team have agreed that it isn't a feature worth including as there are already coins which purport to provide such and, given that we are working with this coin and the new one on the basis of developing commercially viable platforms and services, the 'baggage' associated with touting truly anonymous transactions is not conducive to that goal.

legendary
jakiman is back!
Any update on the closed testing?
Activity: 261
Still waiting on this, glad i looked at the thread it would've sucked to see in a month that i lost my 150k.

Last time i tried to sync 3 days didn't do it, and i just called it quits. Must....find.....file.

Please upload files to mega, i don't trust the other site.
Activity: 261
Still waiting on this, glad i looked at the thread it would've sucked to see in a month that i lost my 150k.

Last time i tried to sync 3 days didn't do it, and i just called it quits. Must....find.....file.
Activity: 313
So.... I assume new coin will have its own separate thread.

Maybe the new coin could potentially promote BITS due to its buy/burn requirement.

But where does that leave BITS afterwards?

As a BITS investor, it doesn't feel that great hearing that the new coin will be better that's all. Sad

Yes, the new coin will have a dedicated thread. As for it promoting Bitstars I'm not sure what you mean. If you go back a page you can read the post T3CLtd made addressing the questions people have had about the situation and you'll see that BITS is still continuing with its existing plans. As for feeling like the new coin is going to be 'better' than this one, well I can reveal that the final stage in the burn process is going to be the issuing of a new wallet with the same Blackcoin Proof-of-stake V3 codebase and with a fresh chain. The consolidation address for the burned coins is going to be omitted and the coin count adjusted accordingly.

What kind of process will be this change to new codebase with fresh chain? Will this require something from users? Will all transactions be "deleted" in transformation to fresh chain? Is there some other reasons why you choosed blackcoin or are you only copying staking engine and leave rest of code off and use bitstars code. How much You wanna copy code from blackcoin? Is there something that will help bitstar in future development? How about Anonimity? And Supernet MGW and Idex with ATM project? All these changes must slow development and put investors to wait futher for day to bitstar really take off so to speak.  How many coins there will be supplied on burning bits?
legendary
jakiman is back!
Yes, the new coin will have a dedicated thread. As for it promoting Bitstars I'm not sure what you mean. If you go back a page you can read the post T3CLtd made addressing the questions people have had about the situation and you'll see that BITS is still continuing with its existing plans. As for feeling like the new coin is going to be 'better' than this one, well I can reveal that the final stage in the burn process is going to be the issuing of a new wallet with the same Blackcoin Proof-of-stake V3 codebase and with a fresh chain. The consolidation address for the burned coins is going to be omitted and the coin count adjusted accordingly.

Thanks for that. Good to hear that BITS will get the same improved codebase! Smiley
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange

Maybe the new coin could potentially promote BITS due to its buy/burn requirement.

As a BITS investor, it doesn't feel that great hearing that the new coin will be better that's all. Sad

legendary
jakiman is back!

Good to see some long-time BITS supporters expressing interest, although the repeated mentions of wallets needing serious amounts of syncing to catch up suggests that not many have been staking them regularly.

The new coin is based on Blackcoin's PoS V3 which has removed the coin-age from the staking calculation. This means that block rewards are static and only awarded as you stake, not accumulated into a lump-sum as they currently are when old coin balances are staked after being offline for a long period.

It will ensure that the holders who will benefit most from staking are those who are actively supporting the network through regular or continual staking.
Pages:
Jump to: