Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BITS][Bitstar] Now on Cryptopia, Nova and Yobit new wallet fork in testing - page 48. (Read 438035 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
We will shortly be releasing the details of an experimental project under development by our company.

This new project is the creation of an app which will, in part, utilise a public blockchain for the 'token' element of its functionality.

Some of the Bitstarcoin dev team will be creating this public blockchain by way of a new wallet cloned from another existing coin and rebranded. The purpose of this is to use suitable PoS cryptocurrency tech which is already proven and known to be reliable.

While it will be a public and open-source new blockchain, the dev team have expressed their willingness to support the needs of our app by way of committing whichever mods/dev/forks are required to ensure the functionality needed for the app to operate smoothly and securely.

This beta app may or may not be released as a commercially-launched finished product.

Distribution of the new 'coin' will be done by way of participants receiving a proportional share of those issued from the genesis block as a primer for the public network and its market. To participate you will be required to burn the amount of Bitstarcoins you wish to commit to the project, thereby reducing the issued and max supply of Bitstars.

This app project is an entirely speculative venture. Your choice to participate in the burn/buy for the coin is taken as acknowledgement of the risks associated with an experiment such as this.
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
Guys, looks like we're stuck again ... anyone else?

ERROR: CheckProofOfStake() : INFO: read txPrev failed
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block d39f51181c70d4564281cb7a412b7083242128a9fdfa7068159d838a9b4fdf26
received block 2a449a15b0eac60a4678
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block 2a449a15b0eac60a4678588d3537d91478f568fe039a76e7389750e2362e09f8
received block 65dcc457497848cbe0e0
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=2a449a15b0eac60a4678
received block a85967ed03482081ee1f
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=65dcc457497848cbe0e0
received block b9e6f5d0540cf1384d2f
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block b9e6f5d0540cf1384d2f724ff62ab5bf997d7a434f742bd33e65c411141d269c

Stuck on block 1491575

thanks,
richie@bittrex

^ ^ Prompted me to sync my wallet - it's been some 13 days since the last time. Took ~ 6 hours to get up to date, with 14 active connections to the network. One thing I've found that seems to help is after an hour or so with nothing happening, close and reopen the wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011
jakiman is back!
Just a quick update, new fast start pack will be uploaded tomorrow, and we're working on a new wallet on a totally different code base, tests so far have been going good with the new wallet code, there should be a private headless build in the next week to make Supernet MGW work again, then after another week or 2 testing we'll release windows/mac versions, our plan is to do this whole release without a hard fork. 

After this update, keep watching this thread as we have a lot more plans in the pipeline Smiley

Just wondering if there were any updates on the new windows wallet that was mentioned?
Activity: 937
Merit: 1000
Guys, looks like we're stuck again ... anyone else?

WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block d39f51181c70d4564281cb7a412b7083242128a9fdfa7068159d838a9b4fdf26
received block 2a449a15b0eac60a4678
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block 2a449a15b0eac60a4678588d3537d91478f568fe039a76e7389750e2362e09f8
received block 65dcc457497848cbe0e0
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=2a449a15b0eac60a4678
received block a85967ed03482081ee1f
ProcessBlock: ORPHAN BLOCK, prev=65dcc457497848cbe0e0
received block b9e6f5d0540cf1384d2f
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block b9e6f5d0540cf1384d2f724ff62ab5bf997d7a434f742bd33e65c411141d269c

Stuck on block 1491575

thanks,
richie@bittrex
no not really. it never was.

Care to elaborate on that? What would qualify as 'development' for you?

There are plenty of coin projects in the industry which have undergone endless development, modification and hype, only for there to still be no commercial interest whatsoever, with trading activity being primarily derived from speculators and market manipulators.

We've often heard the statement that Bitcoin is a solution looking for a problem and while most within the cryptocurrency industry are sufficiently tech-savvy enough to recognise the revolutionary innovation that is blockchain technology, the real-world adoption of same is frustratingly slow outside of the few Fintech cages it has rattled, simply because most businesses don't yet know what it is or what to do with it.

In the case of this particular coin project, we have opted to work with the devs, be it through collaboration within the SuperNET environment during most of last year, or by way of continuing to pitch blockchain-technology-based solutions to non-Fintech industries while keeping an eye on 'long-term' (for this industry anyway) technologies which are proving themselves as inherently reliable in order to better gauge what can and cannot be realistically built upon, commercially-speaking. Having experimented with different functions and features for this coin's wallet, as most other altcoins do, it became clear that until a real-world implementation for any non-Bitcoin cryptocurrency were to be established, thereby bringing in a viable economic environment to its market, there is little point in creating more 'solutions looking for problems'.

Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Hi, is this coin still being properly developed?

no not really. it never was.
Just to provide a brief update, while we await the SuperNET/iDEX situation to progress there is work being done to create proof-of-concept proposals with which to further the initial talks with non-crypto industries that we have been engaged with over the previous months.

This coin's dev team is assisting us in this endeavor, with regards to collaborating and co-operating on possible changes to be made to it over the coming months so it better suits the commercial environment we seek to integrate with.

Updates will be provided as and when it is appropriate.

Activity: 666
Yes, it's OK too. I restarted the wallet and synced a bit fast
Activity: 101
Activity: 480
Merit: 250
Not having those issues. I'm synched up to block #1490077 (as of this writing) which also shows the current time. I have 4 active connections to the network at the moment. This is what I have in my bitstar.conf file:

addnode=seed.bitstarcoin.com
addnode=seed2.bitstarcoin.com
addnode=seed3.bitstarcoin.com
addnode=seed4.bitstarcoin.com
Activity: 666
Same here.
For 2 hours I was having 0 connections to network.
For 1 hour I have 1 connection but blockchain didn't move a single block. It's still 8 days back since I hast opened the wallet showing my coins unconfirmed
Some 12 hours ago my wallet was sync'ed but now it's stucked at block 1489971.
Could you please verify what happened?
Activity: 122
bitstar_coin, can you possibly give a small write up as to what's been going on the last few weeks? I haven't been able to check threads very often, but there hasn't been an update in a little while anyways.  Smiley thank you

Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
I have problems syncing for a few days now.
In my Bitstar.conf file, I have these lines :

I checked the first one in my browser... it's p?rn. Have you been hacked?

No, that server went offline and the ip was allocated to somebody else, its now been fixed.  Syncing should get better in the next few hours
I have problems syncing for a few days now.
In my Bitstar.conf file, I have these lines :

I checked the first one in my browser... it's p?rn. Have you been hacked?
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011
jakiman is back!
Just a quick update, new fast start pack will be uploaded tomorrow, and we're working on a new wallet on a totally different code base, tests so far have been going good with the new wallet code, there should be a private headless build in the next week to make Supernet MGW work again, then after another week or 2 testing we'll release windows/mac versions, our plan is to do this whole release without a hard fork. 

After this update, keep watching this thread as we have a lot more plans in the pipeline Smiley

New fast start pack: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6t165vfn4wy42mf/bitstar_faststart_051015.zip

Will sort the wallet links shortly

FYI for those who missed it. It is being worked on. I'm eagerly waiting for the new wallet.
Things just take time especially when Crypto isn't a full time job for most people. Cheesy
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Did you try the latest start pack? It fixed that issue for me at least.

New fast start pack: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6t165vfn4wy42mf/bitstar_faststart_051015.zip

Will sort the wallet links shortly
Activity: 207
I like the coin ,everything is ok except the wallet update very slowly,and always show:   the checkpoint is too old ,please connect the developer.   
  Would there need a new wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
Hi, is this coin still being properly developed? I am still holding all of my stack since back in the day. I haven't updated the wallet in ages. I see it has a new anonymous feature. Can you explain how this anonymous feature work and how it reaches this said anonymity? It doesn't explain nothing about it in the OP.
Pages:
Jump to: