Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BITS][Bitstar] Now on Cryptopia, Nova and Yobit new wallet fork in testing - page 50. (Read 438035 times)

Activity: 954
Merit: 1001
Same problems for me here. Synchronizing through wallet is really buggy.  When i open the wallet (windows 10), synchronization starts and works pretty well for a few seconds. After that it gets stucked.

Log says :

ERROR: CheckProofOfStake() : INFO: read txPrev failed
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block
connection timeout

After restarting the wallet it goes the same way: few seconds of sync, then stucked.

What i tried so far:

-created a bitstar.conf file, added there the suggested settings as posted here above
-changed ports in the conf
-tried to use just a single peer

Any suggestions? Thank you!
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
No news is no news, to be honest.

Work is being done, as per, along with a number of other adventurous forays into potential commercial collaboration but, as ever, nothing is a done deal until it is a done deal and we are as much a slave to the normal grind of RL commerce as anyone.

The second superNET build cycle is progressing nicely, so that's something to report I guess.

Activity: 154
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Finally, my wallet synced and waiting my first staking Wink
Bit of quite in here anyway.
Activity: 313
How's everyone? Everyone's been pretty quiet. I guess no news is good news? Grin

Hi Jaki! Here I'm feeling fine. Been watching this global equity markets  and wondering how will it benefit bitcoin. I'm hoping also for now that summer is over that this will activate more this forum. To Devs: Weeks without updates are not good promotion for this coin!
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011
jakiman is back!
How's everyone? Everyone's been pretty quiet. I guess no news is good news? Grin
Activity: 101
Hi

Has someone succeeded in compiling bitstard on a raspberry pi?
I googled a lot, but can't find that much documentation on that subject, nor on the use of bitstard.
Anyone with a hint?
Bitstar wallet runs perfectly on windows 10!
legendary
jakiman is back!
That message simply means your block chain is not up to date yet, please give it more time to sync.

It's been a whole day since it's been up to date but it still shows that message.
I've closed the wallet, relaunch and it syncs fine, says it's up to date but message still shows up on the bottom.

Not sure if it's accurate but my wallet is 2 to 4 blocks ahead of block explorer. (https://blockexperts.com/bits)
Coins that got staked while showing that message yesterday shows up in the block explorer correctly though.
Activity: 154
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
can someone please upload bootstrap
i've got few connection but the wallet stuck while downloading the blockchain

OP has a fast start pack from about a month ago, will try and get a updated one this afternoon
Hi Dev, it would be nice...waiting for the blockchain then since I've been stuck at "52 days" atm.
Thank you.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
Had issues with my BITS 1.4.0.0 wallet saying it couldn't read my blkindex.dat.

So I started fresh, downloaded the latest fast start pack on the OP. During sync, I had to repairwallet to get my coin balance back. Now it's fully synced.
But it says WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers now. which I've never seen before with BITS.

Any ideas why this message is coming up?

Update:
I've re-synced with the fast start pack again. (without the "repair wallet")
Still same. My coins all are there but still get the same warning as above.

That message simply means your block chain is not up to date yet, please give it more time to sync.
legendary
jakiman is back!
Had issues with my BITS 1.4.0.0 wallet saying it couldn't read my blkindex.dat.

So I started fresh, downloaded the latest fast start pack on the OP. During sync, I had to repairwallet to get my coin balance back. Now it's fully synced.
But it says WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers now. which I've never seen before with BITS.

Any ideas why this message is coming up?

Update:
I've re-synced with the fast start pack again. (without the "repair wallet")
Still same. My coins all are there but still get the same warning as above.
The second CPMT SuperNET build cycle commences next Monday (https://nxtforum.org/unity/cpmt2-proposal-for-the-second-build-cycle/) and aims to deliver some of the tech critical to our own needs in relation to the ATMs, primarily related to the decentralised trading platform, 'iDEX'.

Once we are able to deliver on what is needed through SuperNET we will be better positioned to move forward on a number of Bitstar projects and will update the community accordingly.

Thanks for update, always good to see how dedicated you're  on to supernet and bitstar project. It's been long year for all developers and these things just don't happen in a night. As supporter of this coin I can't be think of how much it take everyone's free time and for what? "silly internet money" as slogan goes. But after all these Greece debate we all know that this is needed for people. So to all of You: Thanks for yours effort's and dedication to this task!
Activity: 126
The second CPMT SuperNET build cycle commences next Monday (https://nxtforum.org/unity/cpmt2-proposal-for-the-second-build-cycle/) and aims to deliver some of the tech critical to our own needs in relation to the ATMs, primarily related to the decentralised trading platform, 'iDEX'.

Once we are able to deliver on what is needed through SuperNET we will be better positioned to move forward on a number of Bitstar projects and will update the community accordingly.

Activity: 128
Merit: 100
To create shortcut, go to exe > send to desktop (create shortcut), then on your desktop right click > properties on it and add it to the target line

Yea man your speaking Greek to me.  I loaded the wallet onto a second computer and it doesn't work on there either.  I'm out, this might be a great coin but it's just not working for me.   If someone wants to buy my coins off of me send me a PM. 
To create shortcut, go to exe > send to desktop (create shortcut), then on your desktop right click > properties on it and add it to the target line
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=62124
port=41123
gen=0
server=1
addnode=seed.bitstarcoin.com
addnode=seed2.bitstarcoin.com
addnode=seed3.bitstarcoin.com
addnode=seed4.bitstarcoin.com

This is what my bitstar.conf file looks like.  I think you're right that it is not loading.  It is in the %appdata/bitstar folder along with the blkindex.dat and the wallet.dat and the log etc.

Not sue why that is then, maybe try changing the port from the command line instead, easiest way is to create a shortcut then add "-port=41123" after the exe information.  Other than that it may be time to investigate what is actually using that other port.

I don't remember how to do that.  How do you get to the command line?  How do I check what is using a particular port?
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=62124
port=41123
gen=0
server=1

This is what my bitstar.conf file looks like.  I think you're right that it is not loading.  It is in the %appdata/bitstar folder along with the blkindex.dat and the wallet.dat and the log etc.

Not sue why that is then, maybe try changing the port from the command line instead, easiest way is to create a shortcut then add "-port=41123" after the exe information.  Other than that it may be time to investigate what is actually using that other port.
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=62124
port=41123
gen=0
server=1

What port does Bitstar use?

I can't anymore remember what to do with the list of nodes? Some kind of conf file?
You create a Bitstar.conf file in your roaming path for Bitstar folder
Normally it's here  C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Bitstar\
Use your pc username instead of yourusername above

add the following in Bitstar.conf

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=62124
port=62123
gen=0
server=1

This is the post I am using.  

change the port=62123 line to port=41123 (or something else)

On other news, we now have 11 nodes online all between 100mbit and 1gbit

It's just not doing it.  I'm still getting the same error.

If its the exact same error, then its not loading the config file, so either the config file is named wrong or your putting it in the wrong place.  It needs to be bitstar.conf (Bitstar.conf on *nix) and it needs to be in %appdata%/bitstar folder

(Bitstar.conf on *nix)  What does this mean?

If your on *nix (Linux or Unix based operating systems like macosx) then you have to have a capital B, windows doesn't care about caps
Pages:
Jump to: