Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BITS][Bitstar] Now on Cryptopia, Nova and Yobit new wallet fork in testing - page 52. (Read 438035 times)

Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
Thanks Mark81, yes we're in the process of updating a lot of our systems, we're adding 8 more 100mbit servers to the block chain, a new command and control system for monitoring these servers, a daily fast start pack and bootstrap pack, new installers that offer to download the block chain as part of the install process and finally updating the website and OP with FAQ.
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
I would sell mine, but I can't get my wallet to sync.  I have been waiting patiently for the better part of three months for my wallet to sync but it won't sync.  I've had to restart the process several times and I'm not going to start it again.   Now my wallet won't even open.  This coin may be a complete loss for me.  I'm glad someone likes this coin though.

Have you tried the fast start pack in the OP and that has been mentioned multiple times?
Also try syncing wallet with empty wallet. Rename original wallet.dat to something else and start wallet. It syncs faster with empty wallet. After sync close wallet. Delete wallet.dat and rename original back to wallet.dat. Also make backups! Dev: Maybe we should make to bitstar homepage section for issues with wallet syncing so we can point these answers there.
I would sell mine, but I can't get my wallet to sync.  I have been waiting patiently for the better part of three months for my wallet to sync but it won't sync.  I've had to restart the process several times and I'm not going to start it again.   Now my wallet won't even open.  This coin may be a complete loss for me.  I'm glad someone likes this coin though.

Have you tried the fast start pack in the OP and that has been mentioned multiple times?
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
looking to purchase 100,000-250,000 bits from someone willing to sell. pm me if you want to unload bulk but don't want to dump on the exchange. thanks
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Regarding the block explorer, our new block chain is not compatible with abe explorer we were using, so we are working on a fork of iquidus explorer
I don't know anything about those softwares, but isn't Insight compatible ? It seems older and fully functional (used by feathercoin and probably others).
Fethercoin isn't a POS coin (last I checked) so probably isn't compatible.  Do you have a link to the source?
Didn't know the explorers were working differently wether coins were POW or POS...
Insight website : https://insight.is (source link is on the top)

Regarding our 3rd party explorer, they said they will have it resynced asap.
Regarding an official explorer, we're hoping to have one up and running this weekend, trying to get one set up with a live richlist etc.
OK, thanks ! I didn't expect a so quick return online :-)
Will you offer an API with your official explorer ?
Regarding the block explorer, our new block chain is not compatible with abe explorer we were using, so we are working on a fork of iquidus explorer
I don't know anything about those softwares, but isn't Insight compatible ? It seems older and fully functional (used by feathercoin and probably others).

Fethercoin isn't a POS coin (last I checked) so probably isn't compatible.  Do you have a link to the source?

Regarding our 3rd party explorer, they said they will have it resynced asap.

Regarding an official explorer, we're hoping to have one up and running this weekend, trying to get one set up with a live richlist etc.

can someone please upload bootstrap
i've got few connection but the wallet stuck while downloading the blockchain

OP has a fast start pack from about a month ago, will try and get a updated one this afternoon
Activity: 570
Merit: 500
can someone please upload bootstrap
i've got few connection but the wallet stuck while downloading the blockchain
Will do, thanks for the idea.

Edit: and done.
Great ! That's a good point : it's so much profesional like this :-)
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011
jakiman is back!
Sorry but we are all busy working on our projects so sometimes replies on here are slow, if you needed a urgent reply you could have contacted us on slack, there is always somebody about in the bitstar channel.

There is no mention of slack channels on the OP?
Will do, thanks for the idea.

Edit: and done.
Sorry but we are all busy working on our projects so sometimes replies on here are slow, if you needed a urgent reply you could have contacted us on slack, there is always somebody about in the bitstar channel.

Regarding the block explorer, our new block chain is not compatible with abe explorer we were using, so we are working on a fork of iquidus explorer but I've more been concentrating on the new wallet code and new services code.   I'll contact blockexperts again as we pay for there service so it should be fine.
OK, thanks a lot for your answer. I'll wait while stacking ;-)
PS : you could write one line or two on the explorer page of the site, explaining those problem, instead of displaying an error page leting visitors think the coin is abandoned or something like that... It doesn't give a good image :-(

Regarding the block explorer, our new block chain is not compatible with abe explorer we were using, so we are working on a fork of iquidus explorer but I've more been concentrating on the new wallet code and new services code.   I'll contact blockexperts again as we pay for there service so it should be fine.
Hi
Is there any working explorer, if possible with an API ?
The official one is down, and the blockexperts.com one isn't up to date anymore.
Thanks
Not even an answer from the dev or anyone else. Doesn't sound profesional for a supernet core coin :-(
I wrote to blockexperts and already had an answer, even if it's not working yet...
I understand devs have another job (so do I), but an answer from anyone would've been much apreciated :-(
I can't believe there's no alt explorer...
Hi

Is there any working explorer, if possible with an API ?
The official one is down, and the blockexperts.com one isn't up to date anymore.

Thanks
Activity: 666
Merit: 500
now I used -listen=0 and after an hour the wallet opened and popped up the following error but I saw on the background it was syncing so I didn't click the OK button. I left it for 5 hours and synced, and staked. As soon as I clicked OK the wallet closed.
My firewall is OFF

I don't know what was wrong, I have just removed Bitstar.conf and it worked
Activity: 313
Merit: 250
Don't worry, we are just in the process of getting things set up on a number of fronts and wanted to take down the holding page while we do so. Well spotted by the way, it was only done a couple of days ago, I didn't realise people were watching it so intently!

We are working on something at the moment which, if it works out, will be incredibly important to this whole project.

Patience.

Thanks for fast reply! Always getting a good service here  Grin
Activity: 126
Don't worry, we are just in the process of getting things set up on a number of fronts and wanted to take down the holding page while we do so. Well spotted by the way, it was only done a couple of days ago, I didn't realise people were watching it so intently!

We are working on something at the moment which, if it works out, will be incredibly important to this whole project.

Patience.

Pages:
Jump to: