Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BITS][Bitstar] Now on Cryptopia, Nova and Yobit new wallet fork in testing - page 53. (Read 438035 times)

Activity: 313
Merit: 250
For some reason globalbitpoint.com seems to be missing. What is going on? And any news?
Activity: 511
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
What port does Bitstar use?

I can't anymore remember what to do with the list of nodes? Some kind of conf file?
You create a Bitstar.conf file in your roaming path for Bitstar folder
Normally it's here  C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Bitstar\
Use your pc username instead of yourusername above

add the following in Bitstar.conf

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=62124
port=62123
gen=0
server=1
addnode=seed.bitstarcoin.com
addnode=seed2.bitstarcoin.com
addnode=seed3.bitstarcoin.com
addnode=seed4.bitstarcoin.com

Thanks! Btw, what is the difference on replacing the username/pw with your pc's settings? I left mine just named as username/password.
Activity: 666
Merit: 500

I can't anymore remember what to do with the list of nodes? Some kind of conf file?
You create a Bitstar.conf file in your roaming path for Bitstar folder
Normally it's here  C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Bitstar\
Use your pc username instead of yourusername above

add the following in Bitstar.conf

rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=62124
port=62123
gen=0
server=1
addnode=seed.bitstarcoin.com
addnode=seed2.bitstarcoin.com
addnode=seed3.bitstarcoin.com
addnode=seed4.bitstarcoin.com
now I used -listen=0 and after an hour the wallet opened and popped up the following error but I saw on the background it was syncing so I didn't click the OK button. I left it for 5 hours and synced, and staked. As soon as I clicked OK the wallet closed.
My firewall is OFF

Problems with my wallet started again.
I didn't open it for more than a month.
Version is latest for windows.

10 seconds after starting, I get

I click OK and get

Activity: 511
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
i have sent some bitstars to SuperNET deposit address 4UBSny3hU5eJTpDa3t8cBDEBkgqfrapsPu but the coins have not arrived yet. is there a working blockexplorer somewhere?
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
Can't really add much more than the guys above me said, but I can say that the Supernet project has had a huge amount of work done on it recently which may have caused delays but will make both SuperNet and Bitstar (via it) much more accessible and secure to all users and projects.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
(1) "Near completion" means months, if ever, with those guys.

As the project manager of the cpmt, I concede that there are aspects of SuperNET which have taken longer to reach delivery than others, but mostly due to further innovation resulting in code refactoring being performed which has served to delay things but, in our defense, I would like to mention that the cpmt delivered the v1 GUI within the 12-week allocation for it. So it isn't that SuperNET can't deliver on schedule, it is more a fact that newer tech and methodologies are invented on the fly and cause the original delivery schedule to slip.

This is a world away from allegations of 'if ever'.

I can also attest, as you could yourself were you to join the SuperNET Slack channels, that things genuinely are making great strides of progress over there.

(2) BITS are not traded on iDEX... a special token called superBITS (a NXT asset) is. This is rarely made clear.
The spreads for superBITS will be huge unless these tokens attract 100s of day traders = very unlikely.

Agreed about the limited exposure of the current superBITS AE token, but, as Eth has explained, while iDEX will employ the use of Asset-Exchange-coin-tokens for the purposes of the back-end of the trade, the front end starts and finishes with the actual coins being transferred from trader to trader.

(3) All of NXT has 200-300 users. How many of those will trade superBITS tokens? 3? 5? 10?

This has already been answered by Eth and the previous answer I give here.

(4) There has never been a decentralized crypto exchange with liquidity.

There has never been a practically useable decentralised crypto exchange. BTW, if you know of any expert API Documentation technical authors, please let us know, there is a bounty currently offered for writing up the iDEX API docs so we can broaden the iDEX user-base rapidly, as soon as it is ready for wider testing. There are some crypto heavyweights looking to utilise iDEX in a big way once it proves itself viable, that's where the liquidity will be found.

(5) Only someone who has been shot-gunning SuperNET Koolaid would delist from Bittrex.

I didn't say to consider delisting now, I said it would be worth considering for when iDEX is fully functional.

I do understand the tendency for pessimism when it comes to cryptocurrency projects delivering, but beyond the need for us to accept the realities of the patience required in bringing these concepts to RL, where there are tangible developments actually occurring we need not be quite so despondent.

Activity: 338
Merit: 255
With the development of SuperNET's iDEX platform near completion, serious consideration is being given to whether this coin should remain listed on Bittrex once it begins trading on iDEX. Being able to trade without the risks associated with centralised exchanges raises the question of why one would still use Bittrex.

The back-end setup for the ATM operation is intended to utilise the iDEX API.

If anyone has any opinion on the subject, I'd welcome feedback.

(2) BITS are not traded on iDEX... a special token called superBITS (a NXT asset) is. This is rarely made clear.
The spreads for superBITS will be huge unless these tokens attract 100s of day traders = very unlikely.

(3) All of NXT has 200-300 users. How many of those will trade superBITS tokens? 3? 5? 10?

I'm sure iDEX will fake liquidity for a while (like putting up buy/sell walls), but this repels real traders...
Because it's too hard to make money with whales and walls manipulating the market.

(5) Only someone who has been shot-gunning SuperNET Koolaid would delist from Bittrex.

Hi ZeroSum, looks like your opinions have been generated from a slightly misconception, allow me to clarify:

(1) Near completion, yes. Considering the timeline (we have been working since October/November on it, from December with specific dedicated devs) it is very close to completion. Please consider the major changes that have occurred as of late (server architecture migration, major changes in core code - Ram/Lchains), and you will have your answers as for the reasons.

I would suggest you that you visit our slack (if you have not yet) and check both #instantDEX and #API channels for a more detailed approach.

(2) BITS is traded in instantDEX, and you receive BITS that are usable wherever you wants BITS to be used in. Tokens or not being traded in instantDEX at a very short-term step used as objection is irrelevant, and btw, this way is more secure than in a normal centralized exchange.

(3) Your facts need a serious reality check, only in China the NRS client has had thousands of downloads.

(4) There has never been any real crypto decentralized exchange, in fact. NXT AE is mostly assets exchange. We aim to change that with instantDEX, feel free to use its services if you find them useful (or not).

(5) Well, I might agree with you here, but let's see what happen... From a pure darwinian logic POV, in a few months, it would appeal stupid to NOT have your asset/coin in instantDEX. Time will tell.

Any other question, please let me know.

DISCLAIMER: I am a superNET core team member, so my answers that are NXT related should be taken as merely personal opinions. And to be honest, it is far from my intent to try to convince anyone from anything, if you do not feel comfortable holding or buying superNET, please do not. My goal is to do my best to clarify doubts or misconceptions.

Eth.

legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
With the development of SuperNET's iDEX platform near completion, serious consideration is being given to whether this coin should remain listed on Bittrex once it begins trading on iDEX. Being able to trade without the risks associated with centralised exchanges raises the question of why one would still use Bittrex.

I'm sure iDEX will fake liquidity for a while (like putting up buy/sell walls), but this repels real traders...
Because it's too hard to make money with whales and walls manipulating the market.

I'm just curious, is there any technical differentiator for BITS planned in the near future?
or anything else that will make BITS (specifically) a bit more unique and/or desirable? Cheesy

Experience is showing us that it is far more important to gradually develop the coin and the underlying tech, rather than embark on ambitious and risky technical leaps. With all the work being done with SuperNET and the resultant process of seeking to ensure that the decisions taken are correct in the context of this coin's utility and purpose within a commercially viable developmental path, the key-word has been 'patience'. Often there have been discussions of what modifications or changes to implement and we have frequently found that potential benefits are fleeting and simply not worth the risk.

Cryptocurrency innovation happens rapidly, stability and adoption, however, are slaves to the usual commercial processes.

The base principal still stands at promoting this coin as a 'like-bitcoin-with-interest' alternative currency, while a number of different technical modifications and collaborative business opportunities are evaluated and explored.

There are some pretty cool things being done behind-the-scenes for this coin project, but no guarantees or promises are being made about where they might lead because nobody can anticipate what the results will be for sure. One thing I am acutely aware of is the comparison between the early days of the public internet and just how cumbersome and complicated it could be to use, and these early years of cryptocurrency technology. Only when we are able to simplify the experience to the degree that people other than crypto-geeks like us are able to utilise the platform can we hope to succeed in turning innovative technology into viable business models.

Activity: 207
Merit: 100
V1.4.0.0  windows Wallet  is poor, extremely slow,i  have sync it two weeks . and most of time  it show :warning  the checkpoint is too old.
then stop ,never forward.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011
jakiman is back!
I'm just curious, is there any technical differentiator for BITS planned in the near future?
or anything else that will make BITS (specifically) a bit more unique and/or desirable? Cheesy

I guess just being solid & stable over a long period of time is worth a lot.
So yeah, I really appreciate all the devs involved keeping BITS what it is!
legendary
jakiman is back!
My friend bought some BITS via Bittrex recently. He trades many other coins there also so the option of BITS being there is quite important.
Anyways, considering BITS has had over 5 BTC trade volume in the past day or so, it won't get de-listed once again.
Activity: 577

Presumably the advantage to be had from Bits continuing to be listed on bittrex is the additional liquidity/exposure which that could provide. The only disadvantage of a continued listing I'm aware of is that which applies to all exchanges – the risk of losing your coins. A risk easily avoided of course by making sure you keep your coins off the exchange.

Assuming there weren't any other considerations, I'd vote for continued listing, at least until the iDEX platform had become well-established.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
The INFO: read txPrev failed seems to be a common problem on POS wallets, if you google "INFO: read txPrev failed" you will see many coins have this, the 2 fastest ways to fix this:

1) use our fast start pack (recommended)
2) restart the wallet when it gets stuck and set timeout to <1000ms

Once you have caught up, it should no longer happen.  We are working on a updated wallet at the moment though.

legendary
jakiman is back!
Just FYI. It's back again at Bittrex. Need some extra trade volume.

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on June 19th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
A Wound in Eternity
I have downloaded the last wallet. I am on a Mac and it just doesn't sync. It just freeze up and gets stuck.

If you check the logs, its probably while its looking for new peers or its getting a bad block from a peer, we're working on a new release with faster peer lookup, database and peer banning.  We have fully tested the wallet on mac and it synced fine for us.

This is what I get:

trying connection 31.221.51.98:62123 lastseen=167.6hrs
connect() failed after select(): Connection refused
trying connection 85.76.131.236:62123 lastseen=209.5hrs
received block b8143f993c9eb94a4708
ERROR: CheckProofOfStake() : INFO: read txPrev failed
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block b8143f993c9eb94a47080b93480f0323fa88464d95e2b653a57996ae99c8f5b8
connection timeout
Flushed 3646 addresses to peers.dat  6ms
trying connection 98.18.17.138:62123 lastseen=23.9hrs
received block 540a79f5979fcbb55836
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block 540a79f5979fcbb5583692bbce43046a7f35f036791979aec989ba0de996efca
connection timeout
trying connection 2.26.187.142:62123 lastseen=2893.0hrs
connection timeout
trying connection 80.42.170.71:62123 lastseen=4841.9hrs
received block 0da958f3567495a3af60
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block 0da958f3567495a3af60262d451d427e75f9061bfe8a2a1955edf7c3f18e3112
received block b0c17621f6a857ea8ba8
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block b0c17621f6a857ea8ba85eec6ec23cafeadaeb13e817db18305cbbe4e56f1935
connection timeout
trying connection 2.28.62.136:62123 lastseen=312.9hrs
received block 73536ced4fe65132c40e
WARNING: ProcessBlock(): check proof-of-stake failed for block 73536ced4fe65132c40ed0d424bb58b45405527e7ed2dee265f217a8e0813cd9

Pages:
Jump to: