Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 12. (Read 409453 times)

legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
Happy New Year Everyone  Grin
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
need to do some maintenance on eu3

Edit:
done should be running better now but any issues let me know *all non mature coins paid

it take to long time time to confirme : is that normal ?

anyway i m enjoying mining the family 6 Smiley

thanks for the updates

140 blocks to confirm new minted for all but ELT which is 480

seen some diff spikes which can slow things at times but normally its ~8 hrs + time to build up to your auto payout threshold 

ok thank you and happy new year with happy blakes  Wink
legendary
Solutions Architect

Edit:
done should be running better now but any issues let me know *all non mature coins paid

thanks for the updates

140 blocks to confirm new minted for all but ELT which is 480

seen some diff spikes which can slow things at times but normally its ~8 hrs + time to build up to your auto payout threshold 
Activity: 6

Edit:

thanks for the updates
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035
i believe in BLC, wait my +6Gh soon...
happy NY
Activity: 19
 Grin Grin....The potential of BLC is enormous, seriously. We should increase development, more capital .... BLC very practical value.
legendary
Solutions Architect

Edit:
legendary
Solutions Architect
how long to until that?

as long as it takes I dont have any eta on public releases
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
can i earn BLC when i play blakezone game?

not currently  Roll Eyes
so what will game do?

you play it online once its further along than it currently is *currently it is not released

if you never play a Shooter online you maybe dont understand  Huh

ok bro, can i join yours slack chanel or discord?

not until things are further along already have testers for closed beta thanks  Cheesy

how long to until that?
legendary
Solutions Architect

not currently  Roll Eyes
so what will game do?

you play it online once its further along than it currently is *currently it is not released

not until things are further along already have testers for closed beta thanks  Cheesy

not currently  Roll Eyes
so what will game do?

legendary
Solutions Architect

not currently  Roll Eyes
so what will game do?

legendary
Solutions Architect
Activity: 519
Merit: 252
I'm searching for the bitstream for the fpga ztex 1.15x.
Unfortunately the dropbox-links from https://github.com/kramble/FPGA-Blakecoin-Miner/blob/master/bitstreams.txt don't work anymore.
The bitstream is named "hal7_ztex_ufm1_15d4_2core_v04.bit".
Can somebody upload or send me the bitstream, please?
Thank you in advance and continue to have a nice Christmas.
I sent you a personal message yesterday, as I don't like sharing my folders to the entire world.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Unfortunately the dropbox-links from https://github.com/kramble/FPGA-Blakecoin-Miner/blob/master/bitstreams.txt don't work anymore.

I am sorry checked and I only have the bitstream for ztex 1.15y and not 1.15x  Cry

I know rupy and hal7 had it so you could try and ask them
Activity: 4
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
OK that's cool, I think vcash also uses blake256r8 so they may be targeting that. Or if its for 14 round Blake they could design it to optionally iterate 8 rounds instead, getting a second hash algo "for free". Hope its compatible with blakecoin, even though I don't like the arms-race nature of PoW, it may bring wider adoption. As for switching blc to blake256r14, I agree that's not ideal, just got myself excited for a moment Tongue I remember when decred was about to launch, I tried convincing them to use 8 rounds instead of 14, but they were already too far along and had their reasons for sticking with r14. Oh well
legendary
Solutions Architect
Asics for blake256?! This is news to me, where is there info on this? I know decred will have asics coming out in 6 months or so, but that is 14 round blake256. Will those support changing the number of rounds and be compatible with blakecoin block headers? If not, would you consider switching BLC to blake256r14 so we can take advantage of the decred asics?

no need to switch and no would not switch just for asics anyways, current released info on the miner shows that blake256r8 is half the power usage of blake256r14 still want to switch?  Roll Eyes

Decred also has other differences in headers(size) that make switching or merging very hard it would definitely create issues along with a hard fork *too risky imho

I have sent a direct message to the manufacture of the miner to confirm Blakecoin compatibility as its just the serialization of the merkle in work gen its all in software e.g cgminer/sgminer

the company has already released some miners for other algos x11/x10 which imho is better than others asic producers/designers that are trying to pre sale Blake asics

not going to public link to them until I have at least got a reply about compatibility

well cgminer is a good ref for stratum but with opengl hmm maybe not

Chiguireitor(UMO dev) did do some work on a webgl miner some time back and tbh that would be best place to start but I dont think he released the source (probably due to beta/alpha code) might be an idea to drop him a line here or via his twitter @johnvillarz and see if he can help point you in right direction before you go too deep  Cheesy

on side note next year might start to see asic's for blake256r8 so not sure too much work on GPU/FPGA is best time spent unless its for learning or fun  Cool

I will address the second point first.  I have heard rumors but I haven't seen anything that is solid yet.  If you have better information then please share it if you can.  I was under the impression that the blake256r8 ecosystem was not capitalized enough to justify the tapeout costs of an ASIC.  I have been mining on eu3 and I never see more then 20 miners at a time.  If an ASIC is made then I will be very disappointed since I really don't want/can't get involved in a arms race.  Until the dark day arrives, then I am trying to spend up GPU and FPGA

Your first point is useful to me and thanks.  WebGL is a JavaScript binding and probably not what I am looking for but it is interesting nonetheless.  This is the post that I was referring to.  http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4618.40

yeah but some designers do use a modular approach to design thus supporting multiple algos makes sense when you think of x11 asics tbh

as far as arm race well its gold rush crypto people gonna make money selling spades/picks/shovels/wheelbarrows asics  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: