Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 16. (Read 409453 times)

Activity: 211
Merit: 119
Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
Is there a good guide for Blake mining? I can't seen to find one~

mining guide?

some stuff on BCS about FPGA mining not really anything for GPU your more than welcome to write one  Cheesy

I noticed that with newer crypto coins(2014+) most have step by step instructions on mining there coin. To mine on the blake256 merge pools BlueDragon has actually made it quite simple.

Go to one of the three blake256 merge pools and use the "Getting Started" link under HELP

This is the mining guide on how to min blake256 algo coins

Download the precompiled cgminer

Now the next choice is yours:
Some people like to use the .conf file other like to run it all from a batch file

When you use the config file just edit the "user" & "pass" & leave the rest the same, start cgminer.
With cgminer running you can make any changes you like using the [P]ool managment [G]pu managment (S)ettings & save the changes to the config file

Gpu mining is not that difficult it just takes a little trial & error to fine tune your system to achieve best hash rate / power usage.

Grin

If you found this information useful & feel generous please use any of the Donation Addresses in BlueDragon747 signature line and send a little love his way  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect

mining guide?

some stuff on BCS about FPGA mining not really anything for GPU your more than welcome to write one  Cheesy
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
Have you found the Yellow Sign?
I currently use a merged mining pool, blakemerged at1/ny2, but I don't like that I have to mine BBTC too. Is there a more focused pool out there?

PS: I tried z pool, I haven't been able to get my cgminer to mine Blake with it. I don't mind mining PHO, and LIT, I just don't want BBTC.

with merge mining you are not mining each separately all are mined at same time thats the whole beauty of it e.g if BBTC was not in merge you would not get any extra PHO/ELT/UMO/LIT

all the auxchains are a bonus it does not cost any extra from a miner to mine BBTC vs just a BLC pool so if you dont want it send it to my donation address  Grin

else setup your own private pool and mine just what you want see info here

Note: just because you cant dump it on an exchange today does not mean it will always be that way I still plan on using them all sometime in the future just not yet or this year by the looks of things

I personally love getting extra for free but hey maybe thats just me  Tongue

Glad I load up on BLC "tokens" since you seem to have usage for all of them  Grin
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
You are so helpful it's insane.   Cheesy
legendary
Solutions Architect
I currently use a merged mining pool, blakemerged at1/ny2, but I don't like that I have to mine BBTC too. Is there a more focused pool out there?

PS: I tried z pool, I haven't been able to get my cgminer to mine Blake with it. I don't mind mining PHO, and LIT, I just don't want BBTC.

with merge mining you are not mining each separately all are mined at same time thats the whole beauty of it e.g if BBTC was not in merge you would not get any extra PHO/ELT/UMO/LIT

all the auxchains are a bonus it does not cost any extra from a miner to mine BBTC vs just a BLC pool so if you dont want it send it to my donation address  Grin

else setup your own private pool and mine just what you want see info here

Note: just because you cant dump it on an exchange today does not mean it will always be that way I still plan on using them all sometime in the future just not yet or this year by the looks of things

I personally love getting extra for free but hey maybe thats just me  Tongue

Activity: 274
Merit: 254
Blakecoin is not flashy or hyped, but it does what its meant to and does it well. I think that is the main reason I still follow Blakecoin, because BD puts stability as first priority even though this strategy doesn't attract tons of investors. I agree Blakecoin will never die, the block reward structure, at the current rate, will take about 1500 years to mine the last BLC. Even if the net hash rate reaches the exahash/s level, it would still take several hundred years (BLC block reward is quite unique, it very gradually increases with block height and increased mining difficulty). I expect the network to be live at that time, in some incarnation, although I'm sure it will have evolved into something quite different by then. At least, BD has shown he will stick around, and if he ever leaves for whatever reason, then others in this community will surely keep the ball rolling.

Edit: I'm not delusional, I'm aware its unlikely for any coin to last 1500yr or even 300 but its a nice thought Tongue
I am glad that there is a fan base here, and that I found this place. I will definitely continue to support and keep my miner running.  Smiley
legendary
Solutions Architect
I am going to keep at it what my main goal has always been it to be repeatable/scalable and its been very tricky when it comes to game stuff still far from what I would really like from a development pipeline

As long as you keep building it, they (we) will come.  Cool

I need to do less of the breaking it once its built them I am sure a lot of people will be happier including myself  Roll Eyes
I am going to keep at it what my main goal has always been it to be repeatable/scalable and its been very tricky when it comes to game stuff still far from what I would really like from a development pipeline

As long as you keep building it, they (we) will come.  Cool
legendary
Solutions Architect

nope I really just suit myself and work on stuff during weekend and evenings

Either way, thank you for continuing at it. Know it'll pay off one day because BLC deserves its place in the sun.

nope I really just suit myself and work on stuff during weekend and evenings

Either way, thank you for continuing at it. Know it'll pay off one day because BLC deserves its place in the sun.
legendary
Solutions Architect
no announcements soon been busy with work  Embarrassed

That's fine. Lots of us Blakecoin lovers are here for the long haul. One question I've had recently is if there's ability for Blake to be PoW/PoS, or is it a purely work algo? I mostly ask if there's a possibility to make a PoS Blakecoin (seems unintuitive, I know!) with a backup PoW to keep the network running at all times.

It could be possible but not going to work on that anytime soon, what will be next is a rebase to newer code had issues with v12 skipped v13 had a breif look into v14 which does look better else will go v11

That's good!  Smiley Is there some sort of a changelog?

nope I really just suit myself and work on stuff during weekend and evenings (also spend at least 80% of that time working on game stuff in unity rather than wallet code)
no announcements soon been busy with work  Embarrassed

That's fine. Lots of us Blakecoin lovers are here for the long haul. One question I've had recently is if there's ability for Blake to be PoW/PoS, or is it a purely work algo? I mostly ask if there's a possibility to make a PoS Blakecoin (seems unintuitive, I know!) with a backup PoW to keep the network running at all times.

It could be possible but not going to work on that anytime soon, what will be next is a rebase to newer code had issues with v12 skipped v13 had a breif look into v14 which does look better else will go v11

That's good!  Smiley Is there some sort of a changelog?
legendary
Solutions Architect

It could be possible but not going to work on that anytime soon(why because it will effect blocks and sync for pools on pow = more work for me)

what will be next is a rebase to newer code had issues with v12 skipped v13 had a brief look into v14 which does look better else will go v11
no announcements soon been busy with work  Embarrassed

legendary
Solutions Architect
never going to be dead as I still mine it myself and still has my support and no reason why I would abandon it so Long Live Blakecoin  Grin

I also want to add that I love Blakecoin, I have learned so much about mining because of it. I hope to see it grow in the future.
So Blakecoin had a bit of a resurgence, from .003 in May to .01 in August of 2017. BLC should be a dead coin all things considered, but a few of us miners have kept it going. Any chance on new announcements any time soon? I'm sure a lot of people would jump on a coin that is still minable for the average Joe.

Best regards,
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
If you mean bounties, no not currently. If you would like to contribute in some way feel free to discuss it here, and people may offer to help or to donate to you for the work.
Pages:
Jump to: