Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 14. (Read 409453 times)

Activity: 274
Merit: 254
That makes sense, thanks for the detailed explanation.
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
Do you need funding? I'd bet if you organized some kind of fundraising, and showcased some of the game dev you've done, people would throw money at it and you could work on it full time and/or hire some people to help get it done.

its not as simple as that and may not result in a successful project or me even working on it when it completes (e.g EA and Visceral)

Currently

• Most Art and 3rd party assets have licences for me to use in complete games and promotional content as a single seat(1 dev) a couple pre 2016 have multi seat but not most as they cost quite a bit more
  • a showcase is easy vs a stable backend framework and client which is whats needed for game play and multiple games
  • possible unrealistic expectations by funders either corporate or social exerting unnecessary pressure just to reach a best guess schedule date which often has negative effects on game play
  • meetings/training/familiarization can take ages and people still might not stay for whatever reason so can get caught in a loop and little real work on solutions is done just talk and same old stuff again and again
  • raise more than $100k and also licence changes for unity engine(tiny amount really for a game even a mobile one ~ 2 devs 1 year *most AAA large team and 3-5 years)
  • pretty much worked full time doing game dev during 2015 and towards end of that year into 2016 spent most of that time getting the skills my ex team mates had just so things could continue
  • much higher taxation with formal structure inc time needed for accounting also if age > 3 years has even more issues with paperwork and accounts at least here in UK
  • If people you work with trust to do their part leave for whatever reason you can be left either redoing/reworking or a total rewrite which is what I did after Andrew left BZ this really screws plans/timeframes up
  • if you run out of money project fails and people tend to go own ways rather than tough it out till its complete or at least meets most of its requirements
  • limited data to properly cost the expected revenue and CU overheads which could mean funding is short or too much interesting interview here

Quote from: Zach Wilson
"The actual process of generating projections - which EA uses to set marketing budgets and judge success - is incredibly opaque, which I think most devs found frustrating. We can't translate our passion into a spreadsheet."

"Dead Space 2, cost $60 million to make and a further $60 million to market" later elaborating that the development budget specifically was closer to $47m. "Once you account for the sizable cut from retailers, distributors and more, 4 million sales is not enough to recoup these costs."

"Survival horror is hard, Horror games in general are expensive to make and hard to sell."

So I will continually reevaluate as time goes on but right now Self Funded works and fits in with what I am currently doing, latter stages specially distribution things change but not close to that right now so does not have an effect on funding sources

The further I get along the line more data can collect to properly value to project which ultimately will result in correct amount(at least a lot closer) for expectations and budgets when asking for funding (ideal would be minimal funding needed for infrastructure to scale with most spent on marketing and basically all initial 3rd party assets/R&D/early work done and paid for e.g Chicken before egg)

Originally I did seek funding and it came down to losing controlling % of any formal entity + tight time frames + penalties for over budget/time if I had gone that way the amount looking back was far too little and time frames impossible let alone the stress for not meeting them  Embarrassed

Social side of funding sources yeah plenty over the years have raised what they asked for and sometimes even much more but many of them still failed as they could not make it work at scale or it was much more expensive once they tried to roll out/release/distribute/production, I am hoping for at least the skill to repeat until I hit a gem without the strings that come with fundraising too early.

I do think at the right time in the project fundraising can be used as part of the marketing and to help fund that part of the process at least from a social side and that can then in turn help have a stronger hand when forming contracts as a company with other companies and not a weak hand with a begging bowl and dire need to pay staff like many projects/companies fail with  Shocked

on a positive note the games industry as a whole does seem to be focusing on even more loot boxes and microtransactions systems/game mechanics in most games on mostly all platforms these days so what I have been working on is still very relevant and no clear winner/solution plenty trying even some raising funds to be where I am already  Cheesy

Do you need funding? I'd bet if you organized some kind of fundraising, and showcased some of the game dev you've done, people would throw money at it and you could work on it full time and/or hire some people to help get it done.
legendary
Solutions Architect
so the final word is , dont invest in blake ecosystem... ?

It truly comes down to -->  Do Your Own Research & Make Your Own Decisions  Grin

i know, but the dev is concluding that his work is finished and people need to use the source code to make blake growing ..  

haha No

what input have you made???

oh Investing oh that helps me tons with source code and running the network you have no clue what I do and with my own time too how insulting  Sad

im not insulting, just trying to understand. If you want people to help, you need to maintain the topic , give news, show some updates, even if its very small ... i respect your work , im not insulting you

I will only post about updates that are inbound and if you could be bothered to read what I have said I have explained why there has been no rush for updates mainly due to newer code not being stable thus no good till I fix it properly which is between work and other projects e.g "if it aint broke dont fix it" but That Is Not = Finished

I have been working on a new wallet on and off for some time just buggy btc code

....... unstable and spaghetti like  Undecided

and the answer to when will it be done is I dont know round the time it either must be done or when I feel like putting 10s of hours into it (sometimes I do enjoy working on wallet code just not recently btc code is a mess)

as I have said + sid too its open source you want to get newer code NOW you put time in and got it working sweet? then make a pull request on github just like others do for btc etc... After my testing if its good/stable it will get merged and credit for effort will be given to you  Grin

if you cant/wont code then it does need to fit in with what I am doing as its my own free time not paid so I will suit myself

so far what work I have done on a new wallet code base has not worked out for a stable update which is a must in my book, just updating current with a few checkpoints and odd fix is not going to help the fact some of required libs are getting old hence why I was working on a rebase anyways so yeah thats how it is right now
Activity: 518
Merit: 261

It truly comes down to -->  Do Your Own Research & Make Your Own Decisions  Grin

i know, but the dev is concluding that his work is finished and people need to use the source code to make blake growing .. 

haha No

oh Investing oh that helps me tons with source code and running the network you have no clue what I do and with my own time too how insulting  Sad

im not insulting, just trying to understand. If you want people to help, you need to maintain the topic , give news, show some updates, even if its very small ... i respect your work , im not insulting you
Activity: 211
Merit: 119
Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.

It truly comes down to -->  Do Your Own Research & Make Your Own Decisions  Grin

Sir you have misunderstood what he has typed.

Being an open source project anybody can contribute to the code to help the project along but ultimately BlueDragon747 has the final say if new code will be merged.
legendary
Solutions Architect

haha No

oh Investing oh that helps me tons with source code and running the network you have no clue what I do and with my own time too how insulting  Sad

legendary
Solutions Architect

never said that you can invest in whatever you want and none of the coins in the blake ecosystem have ICO/IPO/Premine  Cheesy

The whole blake ecosystem is stable no forks or issues which is pretty good for a merged mined system very few other doing this closest is sidechains and that has issues from what I have seen  Tongue

blake ecosystem was the first to do merge mining outside of sha256d and its still going that says something about the future imho

I dont recommend investing in any ICO/IPO or Premined crypto currencies as they are prone to misuse/abuse and still have issues of getting what is said in road maps into real things people use assuming they even plan to really do what is said!!

having the need to trust people in a system that is supposed to remove some of that is hmm  Undecided

Note:
So far Everything has been Self Funded not received any Outside Investments from anyone nor do I accept or expect any!!!!

I have received some donations towards my efforts over the years for those I am thankful as it shows respect no matter the amount tbh something that is missing more and more from the crypto scene

Final Note:
anyone who wishes to turn up putting no effort in and starts expecting/demanding things will find they dont get much from me  Cheesy

those who show real interest and try and do things with the open source code do usually find me quite helpful wonder why  Roll Eyes

I dont treat people with more/less Blakecoin or anything else any different its been like that since day 1 if you dont like that then its a big world plenty of choices out there
LOL, ICO is for scams and silicon valley types (arguably the same thing Tongue). Blakecoin is in the true spirit of cryptocoins, you can earn BLC by supporting the network by mining. Or you can buy on exchange. No premine, no airdrop, no ICO or any of that nonsense. Also blakecoin has possibly the most fair mining rewards, even now 4 years after launch, anyone can mine it and receive block rewards the same as before.

Edit: to be fair not all ICO/premine are scams, but those distribution models are easily abused for profit and control. No one can say they missed out unfairly with Blakecoin, price and mining difficulty have been pretty stable for a long time
legendary
Solutions Architect
How long ICO will run dev?

WTF are you on?  Shocked

No ICO/IPO or Premine I really hate that stuff as its 99% sure scam  Angry

read OP check code ffs  Huh
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
How long ICO will run dev?
legendary
Solutions Architect
why you dont ask for a friend or someone you trust to work on your coin ? maybe you can be 2 people work it on ?

its open source anyone can submit a pull request if they have code to add and it can be compared/discussed/reviewed and if good merged  Shocked

trouble is either people are not as skilled as me/busy with life or it will create more work for me updating and trying to keep network stable

currently the wallet is stable and has been for awhile so less work for me overall = more free time for other things that I wish to spend my personal time on like game dev

I have been working on a new wallet on and off for some time just buggy btc code does not really boost me to finish it as I know it will lead to more work on pools/nodes etc...

also would need to talk with exchanges/pools before could release any major update as its mostly one way once pools start minting new blocks from my testing best to avoid forking and network issue right now

why does someone I have not seen about suddenly want new wallet code for Blakecoin anyways? what features does it hold? apart from being unstable and spaghetti like  Undecided

Note: not funding any private work on wallet code as it would still lead to loads of work with nodes/pools for me anyways its not as simple as passing the buck to someone else  Cry
Hi dev, do you plan to restart your project ?

why you dont ask for a friend or someone you trust to work on your coin ? maybe you can be 2 people work it on ?

what for?

This project is still being worked on, BlueDragon747 has not abandoned anything, some don't realize the large amount of time and money that goes into creating and maintaining a cryptocoin as well as creating the MMO. The community although not vocally active are still running nodes and ensuring the blockchain moves as intended.

If you browse through some of the other "dead"/"dying" coins post where members are trying to restart the crypto's, you will notice dev's wanting between 50 & 100 btc to take on a project.
BlueDragon747 is still self funding BlakeCoin, his MMO FPS, & everything else he is working on for the Blake256 community. Like any of us he also has to deal with IRL issues.

It will ultimately all come together.
-patience will achieve more than force  Grin

exactly things have not gone to plan but not given up or abandoned just made it fit in with rest of life/work etc..

gonna stick with it and eventual going to get good results I am happy to share  Cool

I also do appreciate people running nodes/porting stuff to blake/keeping and eye on things/getting added to other platforms/pointing out good/interesting code that may be of use etc.. it may seem simple but it all helps overall and what saves me time/effort means can put more into wallet updates and games  Grin 
legendary
Solutions Architect

what for?

This project is still being worked on, BlueDragon747 has not abandoned anything, some don't realize the large amount of time and money that goes into creating and maintaining a cryptocoin as well as creating the MMO. The community although not vocally active are still running nodes and ensuring the blockchain moves as intended.

If you browse through some of the other "dead"/"dying" coins post where members are trying to restart the crypto's, you will notice dev's wanting between 50 & 100 btc to take on a project.
BlueDragon747 is still self funding BlakeCoin, his MMO FPS, & everything else he is working on for the Blake256 community. Like any of us he also has to deal with IRL issues.

-patience will achieve more than force  Grin

exactly things have not gone to plan but not given up or abandoned just made it fit in with rest of life/work etc..

gonna stick with it and eventual going to get good results I am happy to share  Cool

I also do appreciate people running nodes/porting stuff to blake/keeping and eye on things/getting added to other platforms/pointing out good/interesting code that may be of use etc.. it may seem simple but it all helps overall and what saves me time/effort means can put more into wallet updates and games  Grin  

what for?

-patience will achieve more than force  Grin
legendary
Solutions Architect
I dont see the need for a restart  Huh

still working on my games and the backend framework and let me state its for games not just a game!

as for "supposed he want the coins to live" well I do pay for most of the infrastructure/pools/nodes/sites/explorers but I guess thats not good enough for some  Roll Eyes

I do have plans for an update on wallet just not got round to finishing it and as this project/games are in my spare time between relaxing and working full time hope that is clear
he is still working on his game, so i supposed he want the coins to live... Right ?
Pages:
Jump to: