Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 15. (Read 409562 times)

Activity: 509
Merit: 500
Activity: 518
Merit: 261
Hi dev, do you plan to restart your project ?
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
Oh that looks neat, making btc code more modular would certainly help. In case you hadn't seen this, you may also want to check out bitcoin knots
https://bitcoinknots.org/
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
@BlueDragon747 Any progress on wallet update or game dev?

not done much on wallet but I am keeping an eye on what Russell Yanofsky is doing as it would be great to have cleaner code base to work with as currently bitcoin core is still a mess imho  Undecided

game wise bg is still in progress but had to refactor some of my stuff due to changes in Unity 2017.1/2017.2 and bz is still stalled which is not great  Undecided
Activity: 60
Merit: 3
@CreativeReef17
Honestly unless you have free electricity its probably not going to be cost effective to mine blakecoin on old nvidia cards. Most people are probably using FPGA or Nvidia Pascal. But if you still want to give it a try, the miner version i ended up using is ccminer from here:
https://github.com/cbuchner1/ccminer

Thanks, I had thought from your original posting that you were using the original cudaminer and not the later ccminer.  My older cards of which have several are lower CC than what ccminer supports and it sounds like that you were using the cudaminer complied for your board.

I was using them for scrypt when I was running my rig but something has changed since they are not rolling over now.  I ahve reverted all changed back to what I believed was stable code both OS, nvidia drivers and cudaminer but so far no joy.

Thanks for your help.
@CreativeReef17
Honestly unless you have free electricity its probably not going to be cost effective to mine blakecoin on old nvidia cards. Most people are probably using FPGA or Nvidia Pascal. But if you still want to give it a try, the miner version i ended up using is ccminer from here:
https://github.com/cbuchner1/ccminer
I compiled it from source using the Cuda Toolkit version 8.0 and get about 2.8GH/s on an nvidia 1060 and 850MH/s on an nvidia 750ti. When compiling make sure to include -arch=compute_61 or whatever compute version your gpu supports, you can find it here:
https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus
When you run ccminer dont forget the "-a blakecoin" flag. Also you may want to adjust the intensity with the "-i" flag, my cards get too hot if they run at max speed. Hope that helps.

Also, Happy Birthday to Blakecoin, maybe this will be there year it rises again?

@BlueDragon747 Any progress on wallet update or game dev?
legendary
Solutions Architect
It is a belated but I didn't see any posting on the 4th anniversary of Blakecoin.  If remember correctly, it is October 6th, but BD will have to state the Official Blakecoin Day.  Traditionally, 4th Anniversaries are celebrated with fruit and flowers so hopefully BD gets some this month  Smiley

Here's to many more!  Long Live Blakecoin!

had a bottle of mead to celebrate the 4th anniversary of Blakecoin on 6th/7th October  Grin

I did also get some nice dm/pm messages too but no flowers or fruit yet  Tongue
It is a belated but I didn't see any posting on the 4th anniversary of Blakecoin.  If remember correctly, it is October 6th, but BD will have to state the Official Blakecoin Day.  Traditionally, 4th Anniversaries are celebrated with fruit and flowers so hopefully BD gets some this month  Smiley

Here's to many more!  Long Live Blakecoin!

Welcome to this little slice of what is an ever expanding crazy crypto universe  Cheesy

If you need help with flashing Lancelot, Icarus or Cairnsmore1 FPGA's, I have a step by step here-> https://blakecrypto.com/forums/forum/user-manuals-guides/

Thanks, I don't have any FPGA miners since they never show up for sale with the exception of a Cairnsmore seller on ebay that is parting out a large rig but those are pricey.  It might be a decent price if as a FPGA development board since it has 4 LX150 but it is not cheap.  What I have are FPGA that were in consumer items.  I have 2x Cyclone IV, a Spartan 3 and a Spartan 6 that are part of various items.

RL is keeping me busy right now but I am trying to rebuil parts of my old mining rig and getting the FPGA out of storage.  When I am closer to working on them then I plan on posting about them and possibly getting some help from kramble and others to get my bitstreams cleand working on blakecoin.
Activity: 211
Merit: 119
Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
It has been kinda of quiet here recently and it seemed like a good time to make a few posts.  I am coming back into cryptocurrency after a absence with a new handle and no baggage.  The last time around was unpleasant and I wish that I had found a community like this one the first time around.

I have spent some time reading all 190 pages of this thread to get a feel for the culture and mores of this group and I really like what I see so I hope to contribute some more in coming weeks.  Like most of us, RL and work involve with our hobbies but I hope to be able to spin up parts of my old mining rig and point them to BlueDragon's pools.

Thanks for being welcoming to a long-term lurker

Welcome to this little slice of what is an ever expanding crazy crypto universe  Cheesy

If you need help with flashing Lancelot, Icarus or Cairnsmore1 FPGA's, I have a step by step here-> https://blakecrypto.com/forums/forum/user-manuals-guides/

Hey BD, I'm trying to set up mining with a gtx 1060 but am having some issues. Managed to compile the cuda miner in your repo after editing the make file to have -arch=compute_61, but am getting frequent timeouts on LA1 pool. Also cudaminer is showing I'm getting only 20MH which seems slow. I compiled against cuda 8.0. Is there a better cuda miner to use, or maybe its using the wrong Blake algo ie 14 round? Would love if you could release an updated cuda miner that properly supports Pascal, but know you are already busy. No idea why my ping to la1 server is around 30000ms though. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have several older Nvidia cards that I working on spinning back up for mining blakecoin.  You probably already are aware of this but there are significant differences between cudaminer and the ccminer branches.  if you have a newer card than one of the ccminer branches would be better performance.

AFAIK, the cudaminer by Christian Buchner was the first miner that utilized Nvidia Cuda architecture instead of OpenCL and it supported Nvidia Compute Capacity (CC) from 1.x up 5.x depending on which Cuda Toolkit is being used.  Cuda Toolkit 6.5 is the last version that supports CC 1.x.  It was intended to mine scrypt and a few other algorithms that theoretically Nvidia microarchitecture has a advantage in mining over ATI/AMD.  Toward the end of development of cudaminer, Christain added blake256 (8 round) support into the codebase but mentioned that it was not optimized.

ccminer was started by Christian and others to further improve on Nvidia performance but in so doing remove older CC kernels that was being decraped by Nvidia anyway.  ccminer needs at least a CC 3.0 to run and probably at this point maybe a CC 5.0 to compile.

I don't have any high CC cards so I am stuck with cudaminer but that is not a problem.  I have a small stack of AMD cards and 4 FPGA that I want to play with again so I have so toys for the winter.

BTW, what OS and driver versions are you running on your cudaminer rig?

Thanks for your time.
It has been kinda of quiet here recently and it seemed like a good time to make a few posts.  I am coming back into cryptocurrency after a absence with a new handle and no baggage.  The last time around was unpleasant and I wish that I had found a community like this one the first time around.

I have spent some time reading all 190 pages of this thread to get a feel for the culture and mores of this group and I really like what I see so I hope to contribute some more in coming weeks.  Like most of us, RL and work involve with our hobbies but I hope to be able to spin up parts of my old mining rig and point them to BlueDragon's pools.

Thanks for being welcoming to a long-term lurker
legendary
Solutions Architect
EU3 has been acting up rebooted but will monitor  Undecided

Edit:
also done some maintenance on BCS site hopefully to solve a troublesome db bug 
Activity: 518
Merit: 261
what a useless site you would think people could find better things to do Cheesy

at least one active dev with 300GH/s network and multiple pools so dead = no

I would define dead as: no pools, no nodes, no dev, no miners, no new blocks = dead *but it is inaccurate as this tech is not a living organism and even dead tech can be relaunched given enough time/effort/money

just look at Virtual Reality  Cheesy

sleeping like mogrith said = yes

blakebitcoin does have its own explorer its just not synced yet
electron is also on todo list just such a long chain gonna take ages to sync and not got round to it yet
photon already has quite a good one but will probably do a backup explorer at some point just no idea when atm

its not like many in community are too vocal about blakecoin and the merged coins most seem happy to wait, It is possible others could do things with them but so far little or no interest  

I am still working on things but I also work to pay bills and with the instability due to useless politicians and Brexit I need to make sure I have funds to pay for things as it is at least 20% more expensive here in UK than last year for almost everything Shocked    

Note:
I spent all the original funding I set aside for Blakecoin over 18 months ago so atm been meaning to put aside enough to keep things going as is till at least 2020 just not got round to it yet  Cry

thanks dev for giving some news , hope you will continue development of your project Smiley
I wasn't putting any value in what some random site says, but yeah just thought I'd mention it to see what you say. That sucks though, that brexit is making everything harder for you. At least you don't have an angry oompa loompa running things like over here.
legendary
Solutions Architect
what a useless site you would think people could find better things to do Cheesy

at least one active dev with 300GH/s network and multiple pools so dead = no

I would define dead as: no pools, no nodes, no dev, no miners, no new blocks = dead *but it is inaccurate as this tech is not a living organism and even dead tech can be relaunched given enough time/effort/money

just look at Virtual Reality  Cheesy

sleeping like mogrith said = yes

blakebitcoin does have its own explorer its just not synced yet
electron is also on todo list just such a long chain gonna take ages to sync and not got round to it yet
photon already has quite a good one but will probably do a backup explorer at some point just no idea when atm

its not like many in community are too vocal about blakecoin and the merged coins most seem happy to wait, It is possible others could do things with them but so far little or no interest  

I am still working on things but I also work to pay bills and with the instability due to useless politicians and Brexit I need to make sure I have funds to pay for things as it is at least 20% more expensive here in UK than last year for almost everything Shocked    

Note:
I spent all the original funding I set aside for Blakecoin over 18 months ago so atm been meaning to put aside enough to keep things going as is till at least 2020 just not got round to it yet  Cry
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
Define Dead.  The dev's post here there are multiple pools and are still listed at Cryptopia.

Updates changes and hype on them all the time, no. are the games that use the coins live no, is there much trading volume no.

More sleeping that dead. As games come out they will revive.
According to this site, blakebitcoin, electron, and photon are dead :/ RIP I guess?

http://deadcoins.com
legendary
Solutions Architect
EU3 got rebooted by service provider due to some issue on node hosting it, resyncing now should be back online <30mins Online  Cool
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
Have you found the Yellow Sign?
Thanks I didn't even realize there was an official pool, silly me Lips sealed
Pages:
Jump to: