Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 130. (Read 409571 times)

Activity: 599
Merit: 510
BD we need a better explorer so we can get blc pushed onto the market lists
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
I noticed that kr105's pool www.blakecoinpool.org has a very long round and could be an issue might be best to change pools until he has had a look at it

both versions of cgminer for pool are the same but kr105's is missing that dll only real difference  Cool
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
i downloaded from the blakepool.org mining pool.

Yes, the DLL does seem to be missing from the RAR. Try downloading the other version from http://www.blakecoin.org/cgminer-alt-pool-eu.7z as it should work OK on all the pools. If you really do want to use the blakecoinpool version, then you could try copying the missing DLL from this version, though it's not guaranteed to be compatible, the versions are actually identical.

EDIT You'll need to check the cgminer.conf as these differ. Use the one for the pool you want to connect to, or customize it to failover between pools (there are some posts by bluedragon upthread that give some details). You'll need have the right username, worker and password for each pool as using the wrong one may just result in shares being silently lost. Confirm you are getting shares accepted via the pool dashboard.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!
i downloaded from the blakepool.org mining pool.

I didn't know myself either so I googled it. Try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patched_conic_approximation

Hugely off topic here though, Hop_David seems to have joined the forum just to reply to this one post Roll Eyes ... discussions on Limits To Growth do tend to become quite polarized, there seem to be almost religious attitudes on both sides of the debate. I suggest we just ignore these posts from now on (and I'm happy to delete this one if its just causing clutter).

i'm getting an error trying to run cgminer-alt on windows:

libgcc_s_dw2-1 is missing from your computer.

Any suggestions?

Did you download it from http://www.blakecoin.org/cgminer-alt-pool-eu.7z ? The libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll is included in the download. Perhaps you moved the cgminer.exe ? The DLL files need to be in the same directory as the EXE.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!
i'm getting an error trying to run cgminer-alt on windows:

libgcc_s_dw2-1 is missing from your computer.

Any suggestions?
Activity: 725
Merit: 503
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
As a counter to this argument, I suggest you take a look a some of Tom Murphy's articles, starting with why not space.

Tom Murphy isn't dispassionate -- he has an ax to grind. He fancies himself a Paul Revere shouting an urgent message "Peak Oil is Coming! Peak Oil is Coming!" He is correct to urge us to conserve our resources. However he fears the prospect of space resources will lull us into complacency. Thus he starts with a preconceived conclusion and sets about to gather evidence to support what he's already decided is true.

And this leads to some horribly wrong math. A freshman aerospace student would recognize the way he patches conics is ridiculous. The only people who take Murphy's Why Not Space or Stranded Resources seriously are those who haven't done the math.
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
uhm...sadly i see that there are few buy orders on the exchanges... Sad

As BlueDragon said the exchanges are new, but if you look at the trade history you will see that the volume for BLC is actually pretty high, and most of the trades occur from people buying into sell orders, rather than people selling into buy orders Smiley but don't worry, I've noticed a steady increase in BLC trades and it will only get better as it's added to more exchanges.
legendary
Solutions Architect
How many blakecoin i get in one day with an AMD ATI Radeon 7970? (2.2GH/s - 2.8GH/s)

Thx!

currently you can expect to get somewhere around 300-400blc per day from a 7970, but of course this changes with the difficulty.

thx man!

all the exchanges are relatively new and don't have a huge user base yet it will get better over time, you could put a request in at your favorite exchange and ask them for Blakecoin to be added  Cool
Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
How many blakecoin i get in one day with an AMD ATI Radeon 7970? (2.2GH/s - 2.8GH/s)

Thx!

currently you can expect to get somewhere around 300-400blc per day from a 7970, but of course this changes with the difficulty.

thx man!

legendary
Solutions Architect
BlueDragon747, thanks for getting the pools back online Smiley

I've been meaning to ask you about this peculiarity I noticed. It used to be that when I solo mine, each block I found would have a unique address for the transaction, but lately they all have the same address. The coins are still valid, but I am curious if this is a bug or what happened.

its to do with the keypool and is normal? but I did notice it awhile ago, on the mining wallet it stopped sending to same address when the wallet was used for sending and key pool was refreshed
BlueDragon747, thanks for getting the pools back online Smiley

I've been meaning to ask you about this peculiarity I noticed. It used to be that when I solo mine, each block I found would have a unique address for the transaction, but lately they all have the same address. The coins are still valid, but I am curious if this is a bug or what happened.
legendary
Solutions Architect
the pools had crashed while I was out back up now but was some downtime and I am not sure why both went down at same time  Undecided

Thx!

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

Thx!
one more thought about the sudden end to the block reward at 7 billion blc, due to the time scale of hundreds of years, im sure the community would be able to continue the steady flow of blc minted or alter the generation rate, by either pushing an update, or relaunching a new coin that is backwards compatible with the wallet & transfers ownership into the new system. blakecoins long term mining reward strategy makes it feel like it exists eternally while still preventing hyperinflation. the overall percentage increase of blc would continue to decrease compared to the total available supply of blc. eventually the increase in supply would be so gradual that it may not be perceivable during the timespan of a persons life. slow and steady wins the race :-D
legendary
Solutions Architect
I have read quite a lot Fantasy/Science Fiction due not liking TV or Football my influences: Arthur C. Clarke, Isaac Asimov, Philip K. Dick, H. G. Wells, J. R. R. Tolkien, Steve Jackson, Ian Livingstone, Douglas Adams to name a few

I'd add Iain M Banks and Vernor Vinge to that list, though I don't buy the Singulatarian argument myself. It looks like Moore's Law is pretty much on its last legs (just look at the slowdown in the rate of improvement in CPU performance over the last decade), so unless "Positronic" technology (applied phlebotinum) comes to the rescue, its getting mighty crowded at the bottom.

It works well in Books and Games though Wink

technology has hit a wall in the manufacturing process currently used and new methods do look many years off that is why we are seeing the core count go up and more parallel computing going on its the only way to scale atm  Undecided
I have read quite a lot Fantasy/Science Fiction due not liking TV or Football my influences: Arthur C. Clarke, Isaac Asimov, Philip K. Dick, H. G. Wells, J. R. R. Tolkien, Steve Jackson, Ian Livingstone, Douglas Adams to name a few

I'd add Iain M Banks and Vernor Vinge to that list, though I don't buy the Singulatarian argument myself. It looks like Moore's Law is pretty much on its last legs (just look at the slowdown in the rate of improvement in CPU performance over the last decade), so unless "Positronic" technology (applied phlebotinum) comes to the rescue, its getting mighty crowded at the bottom.
Activity: 725
Merit: 503
Sorry for sparking off topic debate, but I don't think we have enough energy to go into space now that we wasted most of our high quality hydrocarbons.

I think people will be forced to live simpler lives pretty soon, even though I hope we can sustain the internet with low energy tech.

Cryptocurrencies (even though they need to use FPGA or ASIC; litecoin is energy madness = poor performance and high energy consumption) and virtual reality (Oculus Rift) are big hopes for me.
Jump to: