Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 152. (Read 409569 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 503
Thats the hell with https://www.blakecoinpool.org/
My ac was locked. There is no any email to contact with support Huh Huh Huh

The support link on pool said "This product comes 'as-is' without any warranty. Please check the Apache License, Version 2.0, for details."Huh?
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
excellent, thanks for explaining that Smiley

no problem I find it a very interesting subject although the maths is very hard  Tongue
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
excellent, thanks for explaining that Smiley
legendary
Solutions Architect
anyone seen this and comprehend it?
https://eprint.iacr.org/2013/852.pdf
i came across it recently but am not clear on its significance. Is it relevant to blakecoin, and what kind of impact may it have? it seems to suggest a weakness in 8 round blake-256 but i am unfamiliar with what exactly a boomerang attack is.

I was reading this the other day its even better than I thought I had assumed that a best attack of 2192 but in real world the best attack is 2200 which is great news  Grin

the Boomerang attack is not a weakness in the way we are using the hash function in Blakecoin, the Boomerang attack does not provide a quicker way than the current bruteforce method it might be an issues if you are using the function to encode plain text in some sort of message system but 2200 is a huge number and not easily broken

the Boomerang attack = feeding the ciphered text back into the hash function with a few extra known values added then rinse and repeat and look for patterns in the way the extra known values have changed and using that knowledge try to decrypt the rest of the message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z53O4bX_TBw

edit:
you would need to break both blake-256 and sha-256 in Blakecoin due to the way I have used the hash functions e.g its not 100% blake-256 or 100% sha-256 this mix brings more security as to decrypt the whole transaction you need both and do it within a few minutes which is just unlikely in the real world  Cool

*the act of mining is a bruteforce attack and it is upto 2256 for a single blake-256/sha-256 hash and 2255 for a double sha-256 hash
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
Hi, thanks for the bitstream. I considered installing a getwork proxy I have used in the past which could resolve the wallet client issue myself and others have had (by running multiple wallets and staggering their restarts, not a *real* fix). It could also allow pool mining. https://github.com/cdhowie/Bitcoin-mining-proxy

You're welcome. BlueDragon's suggestion of running a private pool sounds useful. Alternatively if you're of a coding bent, you could just diff the changes kr105 made to cgminer 3.1.1 to get blake working on stratum and apply them to the proxy. I think its just the blake hash function plus a couple of esoteric tweaks to the sha256 hashing used in the work generation (BlueDragon swapped a double hash for a single hash).

I may take another look at the x6500 code if there is enough interest (I've also had a call to do a litecoin port). Unfortunately I've gotten so frustrated with the xilinx toolchain that there was a looming risk of burnout, so I've been taking it easy the last few weeks. Give me a while longer and I may feel up to it again.

i may be getting a used one of these soon. So I have an interest in being able to change bitstream from SHA256 to Blake.
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
anyone seen this and comprehend it?
https://eprint.iacr.org/2013/852.pdf
i came across it recently but am not clear on its significance. Is it relevant to blakecoin, and what kind of impact may it have? it seems to suggest a weakness in 8 round blake-256 but i am unfamiliar with what exactly a boomerang attack is.
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
Hi, thanks for the bitstream. I considered installing a getwork proxy I have used in the past which could resolve the wallet client issue myself and others have had (by running multiple wallets and staggering their restarts, not a *real* fix). It could also allow pool mining. https://github.com/cdhowie/Bitcoin-mining-proxy

You're welcome. BlueDragon's suggestion of running a private pool sounds useful. Alternatively if you're of a coding bent, you could just diff the changes kr105 made to cgminer 3.1.1 to get blake working on stratum and apply them to the proxy. I think its just the blake hash function plus a couple of esoteric tweaks to the sha256 hashing used in the work generation (BlueDragon swapped a double hash for a single hash).

I may take another look at the x6500 code if there is enough interest (I've also had a call to do a litecoin port). Unfortunately I've gotten so frustrated with the xilinx toolchain that there was a looming risk of burnout, so I've been taking it easy the last few weeks. Give me a while longer and I may feel up to it again.
legendary
Solutions Architect

Hi, thanks for the bitstream. I considered installing a getwork proxy I have used in the past which could resolve the wallet client issue myself and others have had (by running multiple wallets and staggering their restarts, not a *real* fix). It could also allow pool mining.

you could setup a private pool server as it does both getwork and stratum?
Activity: 409
how?

There are a number of ways to do it, I imagine a batch file and scheduled tasks would work for windows, shell script for linux. I used  http://www.autohotkey.com/

I have yet to try the linux wallet to see if my issue occurs with it.
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
OS, System, Hardware, Internet type, Geographical Location (nearest big city or timezone), description of issue, any method for recreating the issue, any other unusual things noticed during the issue, best to be OTT on reports as it just gives me more chances of finding the exact problem and patching it  Tongue

... wallet automatically restarted every couple of hours. ...

how?
Yes that is the latest. It dates back to pretty much the beginning as I've been concentrating on the Ztex and Cairnsmore boards more recently (they are now pretty much mature). I guess you're restricted to solo mining on this as I don't think there is a cgminer driver.

Hi, thanks for the bitstream. I considered installing a getwork proxy I have used in the past which could resolve the wallet client issue myself and others have had (by running multiple wallets and staggering their restarts, not a *real* fix). It could also allow pool mining.

https://github.com/cdhowie/Bitcoin-mining-proxy

Last time I used it I believe I had to make some minor code changes to get it to work with the newer versions of software running on my test box. I am not sure if any changes would be required to use it with blakecoin? I will test if if I get a chance, I have been going the lazy route and just automatically restarting the wallet every couple of hours.

any chance you could test GMT time on one of these and see if it crashes after a few hours?

Timezone changed and client restarted, I'll report back.
legendary
Solutions Architect
OS, System, Hardware, Internet type, Geographical Location (nearest big city or timezone), description of issue, any method for recreating the issue, any other unusual things noticed during the issue, best to be OTT on reports as it just gives me more chances of finding the exact problem and patching it  Tongue

When running the client on Win XP and Win 7 the client stops processing blocks within a few hours of running, similar to the behavior others have described here.
System: Older p4, Q6600, and a Xeon based rack server all experience the same issue, as well as virtual machine based wallets
Hardware: X6500 running X6500-Robust-v04-2core-fmax-100MHz.bit (unrelated question: is this the latest firmware for this device? anyone?)
Internet type: Cable

If at any time, on any system, I perform an RPC call to blakecoind the miner loses connection and must be restarted. Even "blakecoind getinfo" will cause this.

My temporary work around is to have the wallet automatically restarted every couple of hours. Remote access could be provided to a machine experiencing this issue, if that would help.

thanks for report this is useful  Grin

any chance you could test GMT time on one of these and see if it crashes after a few hours?

my rigs sound about the same: q9450 x3360 e7300 e8400 i7 2600k and the esxi server is on dual quad core Opterons

only difference I can see:
Internet type: Fiber
Activity: 384
Hardware: X6500 running X6500-Robust-v04-2core-fmax-100MHz.bit (unrelated question: is this the latest firmware for this device? anyone?)

Yes that is the latest. It dates back to pretty much the beginning as I've been concentrating on the Ztex and Cairnsmore boards more recently (they are now pretty much mature). I guess you're restricted to solo mining on this as I don't think there is a cgminer driver.
OS, System, Hardware, Internet type, Geographical Location (nearest big city or timezone), description of issue, any method for recreating the issue, any other unusual things noticed during the issue, best to be OTT on reports as it just gives me more chances of finding the exact problem and patching it  Tongue

When running the client on Win XP and Win 7 the client stops processing blocks within a few hours of running, similar to the behavior others have described here.
System: Older p4, Q6600, and a Xeon based rack server all experience the same issue, as well as virtual machine based wallets
Internet type: Cable

If at any time, on any system, I perform an RPC call to blakecoind the miner loses connection and must be restarted. Even "blakecoind getinfo" will cause this.

My temporary work around is to have the wallet automatically restarted every couple of hours. Remote access could be provided to a machine experiencing this issue, if that would help.
i am glad that you always reply fast, glad that a coin has a constant support!
i will sent you a pm the next time it will stuck, the previous time i had a major Internet loss and
it could be the reason of the problem.
(but i would expect the synchronization to continue afterwards without having
to restart the wallet)
legendary
Solutions Architect
after 2 days the wallet again is stuck! no solo mining tis time!
thus solo mining is not causing the problem, it only accelerates it Wink
wallet needs work Smiley

weird have my wallets up since I released it(12-14days) and none of them are stuck  Undecided

test systems:
win 7 x86
win 7 x64
win xp
ubuntu 12.04 x86
ubuntu 12.04 x64 (all the server nodes)

I will continue to work on the wallet but its quite a few lines of code and its extra hard if I cannot replicate these issues its like searching for a needle in a hay stack  Cry

please give as much detail of the setups that are creating these issues as you can and I will try my best to find a link to the code that is creating these issues  Wink

Edit:
I am also quite happy to accept reports via pm just be as detailed as possible  Wink

OS, System, Hardware, Internet type, Geographical Location (nearest big city or timezone), description of issue, any method for recreating the issue, any other unusual things noticed during the issue, best to be OTT on reports as it just gives me more chances of finding the exact problem and patching it  Tongue
after 2 days the wallet again is stuck! no solo mining tis time!
thus solo mining is not causing the problem, it only accelerates it Wink
wallet needs work Smiley
legendary
Solutions Architect
Because this coin is connected to the MMO I think I can push getting it on the SciFiCryptoCoin exchange. What kind of MMO is it? Swords & Sorcery, Space Opera, SteamPunk?

We have one Horror Coin OFF (Cthulhu Offerings) so  it need not be a straight SF world.

OTOH a Space Opera would the kind I would personally play.

1st game - futuristic post apocalyptic first person shooter set off world on Mars (desert wasteland works well here) encounters in area's with zombies, mutants, aliens, bandits etc.. caves, abandoned towns, wastelands and destroyed areas both PVP and PVE area's planed

2nd game - fantasy role playing set in a fantasy medieval world with magic, strange creatures, zombies, mutants, mythical creatures etc.. caves, catacombs, dark forests, abandoned magic towers, recurring quests PVP, PVE, COOP area's planed

3rd game - fantasy racing game set in futuristic and metropolitan city environments with racing quests like hunting rouge AI cars etc.. PVP, PVE, COOP (unlike the other two this is mostly on paper atm with no eta)

also have a few other ideas but not complete docs on them yet, all the games are Fantasy/Science Fiction due to my influences: Arthur C. Clarke, Isaac Asimov, Philip K. Dick, H. G. Wells, J. R. R. Tolkien, Steve Jackson, Ian Livingstone, Douglas Adams to name a few

These all use the same server side system just with differences in the world engine and extensions used by the Java core, most of the work left is developing the client front end in Unity, the mining while you play has been tested by just using a launcher to run cgminer before launching the game client but it would be nice to eventually merge this into the game client in C# but might wait and get beta testing first  Wink      
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
Because this coin is connected to the MMO I think I can push getting it on the SciFiCryptoCoin exchange. What kind of MMO is it? Swords & Sorcery, Space Opera, SteamPunk?

We have one Horror Coin OFF (Cthulhu Offerings) so  it need not be a straight SF world.

OTOH a Space Opera would the kind I would personally play.
legendary
Solutions Architect
bluedragon, do you have any screenshots or details on this mmo you are working on? it would be interesting to hear more about how blc would be implemented in the game.

I hope to have some more details, screenshots and a website later this month for the games

The way we are using Blakecoin is to buy premium credits and then use them within the games as this needs few changes from how we had setup the server side, conversion back to Blakecoin from the premium credits with automated payout is still to be worked on but is planed, other payment methods will be available for buying premium credits but not for conversion back, it is possible to use Blakecoin direct but that would need a lot of changes to the server side system so would be a large stretch goal at best

The game client is in very early development and currently has an unfinished UI and only one level and player model, server side a good 90% of the systems is finished and tested with a simulated 8k CCU and several thousand persistent game objects and is suitable for all the games planed with only minor tweaks to the game world engine

only two of us are working on the games and only me working on the Blakecoin wallet and support so it can be quite hard to get a good balance between the projects so any help with Blakecoin's supporting software is greatly appreciated  

I might not be able to throw huge amounts of man power/money at my projects but I can give them long term support and development which I hope others will appreciate  Cheesy  
Jump to: