Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 182. (Read 409454 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
cgminer-blake256-src.zip (894 KB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!CYUD3RJI!ZDXLu3xW2AqX0D7c4Lr28woq4L5OC1AUkTPZFftt568

cgminer-blake256-with-dlls.zip (1.6 MB)
https://mega.co.nz/#!Cccw3awJ!SPIS4F7v_bUWLWEvLW2Q5XUJgTNov4xRDcsDe348pjo

hope this will help with pool

--
cgminer must start with -blake256 option not with -scrypt
did not check it on little endian platforms
.cl submit only shares higher than 256 difficulty
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
Atavacron

I've just started looking at this. I misread your earlier comment about Ztex 6500's and thought you were referring to the Ztex 1.15y. The 6500 is a very different interface, could you just confirm that these are the boards you are referring to...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/x6500-custom-fpga-miner-40058

If so then we just need to modify MPBM to supply the correct midstate and I can base the LX150 code on fpgaminer's.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
1650 blakecoins for sale Cool
Activity: 224
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing
Its not a good idea to try to use a bitstream on a board that it is not designed for as the pinout designations will be different. It won't work and could conceivably damage the device (though you will probably get away with it in the vast majority of cases).

I'll do an initial port of a simple single core variant. If that works we can move on to higher performance versions. If not, then we'll have to get down and dirty with debugging which is going to be more awkward.

Anyway I'll start looking at this tomorrow, it shouldn't take more than a half-day or so to hack something together.

PS Download webpack which is the Xilinx design suite (approx 8GB download). You'll need to request the 30-day evaluation license to compile on the LX150 as the free version is only good up to LX75 (the full seat license is a ridiculous $5k). For simulation I'm using ModelSim that came with Altera Quartus II (DE0-Nano kit) but I expect webpack includes a simulator too (I just haven't bothered using it).

Thanks Kramble!  I'll take a look at those.
Activity: 384
Its not a good idea to try to use a bitstream on a board that it is not designed for as the pinout designations will be different. It won't work and could conceivably damage the device (though you will probably get away with it in the vast majority of cases).

I'll do an initial port of a simple single core variant. If that works we can move on to higher performance versions. If not, then we'll have to get down and dirty with debugging which is going to be more awkward.

Anyway I'll start looking at this tomorrow, it shouldn't take more than a half-day or so to hack something together.

PS Download webpack which is the Xilinx design suite (approx 8GB download). You'll need to request the 30-day evaluation license to compile on the LX150 as the free version is only good up to LX75 (the full seat license is a ridiculous $5k). For simulation I'm using ModelSim that came with Altera Quartus II (DE0-Nano kit) but I expect webpack includes a simulator too (I just haven't bothered using it).
Kramble,

Is there an free or open source Verilog compiler so I can try creating some bitstreams for Blakecoin?

I found Icarus Verilog ( http://iverilog.icarus.com/ ).
Hi Guys,

Kramble and I are discussing the possibility of porting the FPGA miner to the Ztex x6500 ( https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/x6500-custom-fpga-miner-40058 ).  So as not to thread-jack, we're moving the discussion here.  Below is a clip of the discussion start...

atavacron
Kramble,

I've got two Ztex x6500s.  I'm an FPGA newb but learn quickly.  Could you give me a starting point or direction on how to get Blakecoin ported?

I downloaded one of your bitstreams and modified the User ID in a hex editor so that BFGMiner would load it onto the FPGA.  Then I tried to use Reaper-Blakecoin to detect the FPGAs and mine but no joy.  Am I close?

Kramble
Nice thinking, but the I/O for the Ztex boards is different from the Lancelot so the bitstream won't work as-is. I'll do a quick port for you to try out (I'll base it on the published code in http://www.ztex.de/btcminer/ZtexBTCMiner-121126.tar.bz2). I did something similar for Litecoin (see https://github.com/kramble/FPGA-Litecoin-Miner/tree/master/experimental/ZTEX) which Vpereira was going to test, though I've not had much feedback recently. Blake should be simpler though as it uses the same midstream/data interface as bitcoin (unlike litecoin which required the full block header).

There may be an issue with the midstate as blake uses a different algorithm, so unless reaper sends the modified midstate it won't work. Perhaps modifying the Ztex Java miner would work, or a cgminer port?

Could you let me know the User ID that I need to embed in the bitstream?

I'll get onto this tomorrow. Probably best to follow-up on the Blakecoin thread as its a bit OT here.

Regards
Mark

atavacron
I notice that the BFGMiner was looking for "UserID=0x42240402" for the Ztex x6500 so I used the Bless Hex Editor in Ubuntu and modified yours to that.  BFGMiner loaded the entire bitstream without a problem.
Activity: 524
Merit: 500
I am currently porting the stratum proxy so everyone can use the pool as it is stratum only and the FPGA miner and the GPU miner are getwork?
May be better idea would be to implant blake kernel into cgminer. Sadly, all my disposable time is eaten by smelter right now Sad
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
Any updates about a pool?

I have a pool under test using cpu miner and I am currently porting the stratum proxy so everyone can use the pool as it is stratum only and the FPGA miner and the GPU miner are getwork?

no eta need to find a block and test payouts but shares seem to be working  Cheesy

unless I find a major bug in the pool should be out soon, I also need to port the stratum proxy for blake as explained above (and no the sha256/scrypt stratum proxy do not work with the pool *tested and confirmed)

the graph ratios for hash rate on the front end are also not displaying the correct results but might run a beta before that is fixed  Roll Eyes

I will make an announcement for beta testers when it is ready  Cool

Activity: 138
Any updates about a pool?
legendary
Solutions Architect
Well there are a number of sifi related coins. how about a blake's7.  Grin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake's_7

I do love SciFi so maybe Wink

I don't think it is possible to use the logo as it is likely a trade mark and if it was the official Aux coin I would just have a sub section on the blakecoin.org site for it, so anything that is under GNU, MIT or CC type of licence would be fine  Cool

I have made a budget for the next 3 years for Blakecoin (server cost, domain names etc.) so for me at least Blakecoin is a long term project and I am open to ideas and input from all miners, users, pool operators, supporters  Grin

Edit:
Thanks to Vorksholk getting the GPU miner done and kramble's continuing work with the FPGA I might have some spare time before xmas to do a aux coin depends on how many bugs I find in the software I am working on atm

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
Well there are a number of sifi related coins. how about a blake's7.  Grin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake's_7
legendary
Solutions Architect
if you make a conveyor belt of blake clones wont that just drive the price down of each one to come out?

No Blakecoin is going to get hard to mine and the merged coin will offer the miner some coins while the rare Blakecoin is mined

It is technically difficult to mine too many coins per pool most I have seen is 1 main and 5 merged, but most pools are just 1 main and 1 merged, unless it is Scrypt based coin and then no merged mining at all on any pool?

Each coin should be a little different I was thinking of the 1st merged coin using a similar payout and retarget time as Bitcoin e.g 50 coins retargets 2016 blocks and no halfing of reward ever

Edit:
anyways I still have quite a bit of work to do before I can start working on that so it is very much for the future but is definitely possible  Grin
Activity: 252
if you make a conveyor belt of blake clones wont that just drive the price down of each one to come out?
legendary
Solutions Architect
what coin is it going to be merge mined with?

A coin based on the Blake algorithm of course  Roll Eyes

I have not yet made it but it is possible due to me using POW only so you can re calculate the submission to other coin chain using the AUX function in pool software or a modified proxy

Not thought of a name for it yet though  Cheesy

Note: you can't just fork Blakecoin as it is not an AUX based coin!
Activity: 252
what coin is it going to be merge mined with?
legendary
Solutions Architect
Selling 350 blc for .25 btc, pm me

lol too cheap should sell soon

should be asking about 1.4BTC for 350BLC at least!  Shocked

selling topic is over here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-blc-for-btc-xpm-ltc-308766

be warned that selling to early will result in lower prices and I am sure many people sold their Bitcoins too early and are kicking themselves with the current price myself included  Roll Eyes

Remember that Blakecoin is not just some clone coin based on SHA-256 or Scrypt it is a new Algorithm which is faster than SHA-256 let alone the super slow Scrypt!

Blakecoin makes all Scrypt based coins Obsolete and once the pools are going and the merged mining is done even Bitcoin will have a true Alternative in terms of speed and efficiency  Grin   
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
Selling 350 blc for .25 btc, pm me
legendary
Solutions Architect
Well this was something I have not seen tested or talked about. So wanted to give it a try. I might try compressed address to see if that works.

Not a major issue

Yes testing to find issues is good  Cheesy

But I do not have vanitygen on my list of things to do so it might be best to have a go at fixing it or put a bounty up and try to get someone to fix it  Embarrassed

Good news is that while working on the pool stuff I find it quite likely that I will be able to create a merged coin to mine alongside Blakecoin on a pool server but atm I do have a few other things that need to be setup before I can have a go at that Wink

Also in other good news kramble has been working on some new versions of his FPGA miner and the results are looking very good tested 450MH/s on a Lancelot board (dual LX150) with other code estimated at 800MH/s and using <40W of power  Shocked

Still I need to finish the mods to the stratum proxy before the FPGA or the GPU can use the pool and then find any bugs in payout from the pool once it finds a block, Oh and all the graphs are a little broken on the front end atm but I consider that a minor issue compared with shares and payouts  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
compressed and script formats fail also.
Jump to: