Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 4. (Read 409453 times)

legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
How's progress BD? Any info on game/wallet dev recently?

working on new BlakeZone site atm due soon:
  • api games "Photon it pays to play" (steam/ea based api so lots of popular aaa games to play while getting some Photon)
  • custom casual unity games webgl maybe mobile some time down the line if its popular enough *also planed to have leader boards/tournaments/"Photon it pays to play" and eventually some custom digital content too **time permitting and depends on popularity
  • later on during summer hope for large custom battlegrip and towards end of year or early next remastered blakezone client(a lot of feedback for performance and pipeline will come from battlegrip as both fps)

not much wallet news
  • got a mac os build vm running but no luck building using macports will need to try brew next
  • had a look into porting electrum to blake (two birds one stone mac/mobile)

Activity: 274
Merit: 254
How's progress BD? Any info on game/wallet dev recently?
Activity: 60
Merit: 3
is it possible to mine blakecoin with nvidia on linux ?
thanks

I have some older nvidia cards that I thought that I needed cudaminer for since ccminer didn't support the Compute Capacity (CC) 1.x cards that I was using but the latest versions of nvidia drivers support OpenCL.  I was able to compile cgminer for my nvidia cards under linux using OpenCl and actually outperformed my cudaminer install by 3x-5x.

This link from the OP works pretty well.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=306894.msg6764336#msg6764336 and the only other thing that I needed to do was look at the section of this link called "mining coins with cgminer" to help with compling nvidia OpenCL support for cgminer

EDIT I had the wrong URL for the "mining coins with cgminer" link.  This is the correct link, basically you are pointing the cgminer include path to where the nvidia OpenCL include files are at.

http://www.patrickmin.com/linux/tip.php?name=bitcoin_litecoin

CreativeReef
legendary
Solutions Architect
thanks

yes see here: https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/blob/linux/INSTALL

once built can run something like
Code:
./ccminer -a blakecoin -o stratum+tcp://eu3.blakecoin.com:3334 -u Weblogin.Worker -p WorkerPassword
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035
thanks

I try to leave it open unless its getting attacked!

Edit:
just checked

at1 should have getwork open which is probs best for testing due to lower diff

[/quote]

Thanks, I still have some issues to work out but I was using at1 anyway.

CR
legendary
Solutions Architect
I had a look about but not sure I ported a getwork-stratum proxy or if I did was buggy and cant find the code

on pools for getwork try port 8338 but do expect more stale/rejects

Thanks, I was thinking that you had getwork disabled on your pools since it wasn't being used and bad actors were trying to use it an attack vector.  I will will retry my code again port 8338 and see what happens.

CR

I try to leave it open unless its getting attacked!

Edit:
just checked

at1 should have getwork open which is probs best for testing due to lower diff

eu3 also has it open now but la1 is closed

and of course any issues may need to close them without much notice

I had a look about but not sure I ported a getwork-stratum proxy or if I did was buggy and cant find the code

Thanks, I was thinking that you had getwork disabled on your pools since it wasn't being used and bad actors were trying to use it an attack vector.  I will will retry my code again port 8338 and see what happens.

CR
legendary
Solutions Architect
This will be a strange question but is there a recommendation for a getwork-stratum proxy that currently works for BLC?  I am still working on my oddball collection of FPGA and I just salvaged another one from a junked Flywheel UPS control board a few days ago.  I was able to modify Kramble's FPGA blakeminer but it still setup for getwork and I need a proxy to test with.

Long term, I need to add support for stratum but I am still testing and it is easier to test one thing at a time and a working stratum proxy would help.  I have tried using slush's but it has seriously bitrot and I am fighting Python dep problems.

Thanks

This will be a strange question but is there a recommendation for a getwork-stratum proxy that currently works for BLC?  I am still working on my oddball collection of FPGA and I just salvaged another one from a junked Flywheel UPS control board a few days ago.  I was able to modify Kramble's FPGA blakeminer but it still setup for getwork and I need a proxy to test with.

Long term, I need to add support for stratum but I am still testing and it is easier to test one thing at a time and a working stratum proxy would help.  I have tried using slush's but it has seriously bitrot and I am fighting Python dep problems.

Thanks
Activity: 304
Merit: 10
Good job! Blakecoin, as we all know, has been a good coin for the past few years, and it still exists today.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0

Welcome back  Grin

btw first asics that work on Blake256r8 landed in January http://www.baikalminer.com/product10.php

Thanks.

I know, and have been following the info on the asics. I have several plans for the FPGAs and they are still for other algos as well.
[/quote]

what plans for you FPGAs do you have? What algos?
Activity: 126
Something is happening in the positive direction. The team does not stand still. Only glitches happen
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
Great to see this is project has been revived. Just got a notification bittrex is ditching their support though. Amazing that it remained onthere for so long.
Any idea on future roadmap? Or expanding the team?

This coin never died in the first place.  Just not on enough exchanges though..
Activity: 519
Merit: 252
will be there another exchanges except cryptopia ?

https://c-patex.com/ works great, I like the LTC pairings in particular.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035
my video card is too hot to mine this stuff, but i believe in that since 2016
will be there another exchanges except cryptopia ?
really waiting for this
Activity: 10
Great to see this is project has been revived. Just got a notification bittrex is ditching their support though. Amazing that it remained onthere for so long.
Any idea on future roadmap? Or expanding the team?
legendary
Solutions Architect
just updating the wallets on pools atm expect maybe 30mins-1hr downtime Done
Activity: 31
Merit: 1

Welcome back  Grin

btw first asics that work on Blake256r8 landed in January http://www.baikalminer.com/product10.php
[/quote]

Thanks.

I know, and have been following the info on the asics. I have several plans for the FPGAs and they are still for other algos as well.
legendary
Solutions Architect
I am back from the dead.. Tongue

Been busy with different things but now I am back.

Welcome back  Grin

Pages:
Jump to: