Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 6. (Read 409453 times)

Activity: 211
Merit: 119
Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
As a long time fan & miner of the blake256 eco system I never let cost negate my decision when supporting this network. I have been and still currently mining with over 50 fpga's load balanced across all three pools Grin

The Blake256 algo was designed to be very asic friendly, this is just the beginning of something very cool.  There will be the growing pains that come with solid projects, but I see the hype/price & hash rates dying down since most people are impatient.

I am quite happy that there is an asics/fpga available for the blake256 8 round algo once you modify the sgminer for it to work. I did buy 3 Giant B miners from their first batch with a group buy, I have yet to modify the sgminer stuff as I kinda forgot how to do it.  Tongue
Activity: 519
Merit: 252
The other thingy... what to do with the poor poor FPGAs Cheesy atm i have no idea - as long as they run with a slight negative outcome its ok for me to leave them running on BLC - but later... phew

I was also worried about FPGA profitability, and for BLC only it doesn't look good. However, other coins on the merge pools such as PHO remain quite profitable, so in total this is still worth it.

I've done some FPGA development in the past and I believe I could find other uses for them besides mining. But last time I checked, the Spartan 6s in the Ztex boards cannot be programmed with free tools, you need to buy a license.
Activity: 67
Merit: 3
Hello,

Just for my information, how it could be, that the net hashrate increased so much without so many difference on workers amount?
We are talking here about like maybe few new workers with some TH/s each, where even the upcoming asic Baikal Giant B promises something like 0.16TH/s on this algo.
I don't know that much how it's working, but just for science, i'm interested about some obvious reasons x)
Thanks,

Min order on the Baikal Giant B is 6 units and they dont work out of the box so more than likely the people who have them working are larger miners like this guy https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/68169

you have missed the 100GH/s network days they are now over  Shocked

I asked them too, 6 units min order @ $7k each unit. Lets see where it goes in the future. My intension is to keep part of the Blakecoin-universe, but as it is more a hobby to me, this is just unaffordable.

What i am asking myself - the hashrate is high at the moment and maybe will raise further, if other guys get the Giant B working for Blakecoin & the others. As many of the big guys are switching per profitability, wouldnt that impact the network stability? So short times with very fast blocks, when profitability is good for them and they switched to BLC and long times with very slow blocks when they turned to another algo and diff has to lower again until it will be profitable to them to mine BLC. How much would that impact the usability? Does it really secure the chain, if a few huge (in relation to the FPGA times) guys are digging it? I thought its not only hashpower that secures the chain, but more the distribution/spread of the hashpower.

The other thingy... what to do with the poor poor FPGAs Cheesy atm i have no idea - as long as they run with a slight negative outcome its ok for me to leave them running on BLC - but later... phew
Activity: 1451
Merit: 258
This may still be the beginning of difficulty increase. If blakecoin continues to gain attention, and the Baikal asics are made to work correctly, the difficulty could be 100x by end of year. Keep mining and hold, even if it seems not worth it now it will be later.

If the difficulty reaches 100x it becomes terrible and everything should endure to close the line, hopefully it will be fine later and nothing bad happens.
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
Hello,

Just for my information, how it could be, that the net hashrate increased so much without so many difference on workers amount?
We are talking here about like maybe few new workers with some TH/s each, where even the upcoming asic Baikal Giant B promises something like 0.16TH/s on this algo.
I don't know that much how it's working, but just for science, i'm interested about some obvious reasons x)
Thanks,

Min order on the Baikal Giant B is 6 units and they dont work out of the box so more than likely the people who have them working are larger miners like this guy https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/68169

you have missed the 100GH/s network days they are now over  Shocked
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hello,

Thanks,
legendary
Solutions Architect
going to restore to a stable point for at1/ny2 as its not working right I expect this to be about 8 hrs or more downtime  Cry

Edit:
at1 back online SSL/emails are off

Edit2:
fixed a few bugs in auto admin that kept resetting pool it should be more stable now

also dropped the diff back to 32 as few are mining on at1 atm but if it starts doing multiple TH/s will go back up to 256 diff
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
This may still be the beginning of difficulty increase. If blakecoin continues to gain attention, and the Baikal asics are made to work correctly, the difficulty could be 100x by end of year. Keep mining and hold, even if it seems not worth it now it will be later.
legendary
Solutions Architect
from the pool side massive amount of invalid shares tell me its not working  Cry

pdsghb reject rate is on par with ccminer imho but yeah maybe someone reverse the software or has source code to edit I did send all details needed to make it work to manufacture !!!

be warned massive amounts of invalid share will get you a ban as per pool terms

"12. Anyone who is submitting huge amounts of invalids shares to disrupt the pools normal operation is subject to a forfeit of their account plus any coins stored on account and you will be added to the server block list"

I will try to be fair but it floods pool and if you are doing it for hours on end expect little sympathy as I probs wont be getting much sleep  Cry

I tried on your pool but it wouldn’t stick. I had to uncheck extranounce just to see miner alive. No accepted shares so I quit.

I am fine with testing as long as people see it not working and disconnect then should not be an issue from me its doing it for hours/days on end even when all is rejected

Edit:
All pools are now fixed diff 256 due to large hashrates
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
Have you found the Yellow Sign?
from the pool side massive amount of invalid shares tell me its not working  Cry

pdsghb reject rate is on par with ccminer imho but yeah maybe someone reverse the software or has source code to edit I did send all details needed to make it work to manufacture !!!

"12. Anyone who is submitting huge amounts of invalids shares to disrupt the pools normal operation is subject to a forfeit of their account plus any coins stored on account and you will be added to the server block list"

I will try to be fair but it floods pool and if you are doing it for hours on end expect little sympathy as I probs wont be getting much sleep  Cry

I tried on your pool but it wouldn’t stick. I had to uncheck extranounce just to see miner alive. No accepted shares so I quit.

Shares submitted from my 1070s and rx480 rigs are being accepted. Are you running one of the ad-hoc asics? If so I'm glad the reject rate is so high  Cool
Activity: 871
Merit: 505
Founder of Incakoin

legendary
Solutions Architect

yeah maybe someone reverse the software or has source code to edit I did send all details needed to make it work to manufacture !!!

normal is less than 3% invalid per round
Anyone have Baikal  Giant b running on blakecoin?

I dont think it will work till they patch the software to support blakecoin as there are a few differences in hashing vs standard hashing e.g its serialized with a single sha256 not double I sent the an email back in December yet no reply yet  Cry
someone in China claims to have it working. I’ve been at it a while but to no avail..

This must be one of them -> pdsghb , they are putting up big numbers on LA1

They have some Blake256 rigs listed  https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/66979

BTC/GHash/Day

Atleast we know them trying to spam the network with asics is just destroying their own profitability. This btc/ghash is about 1/2 of what I remember I was getting just a couple days ago, which wasn't really that good, as it's about 1/5th* the income generated just a couple weeks ago. Blake merge wasn't really that profitable even at low difficulty. But now even with photon at 50 sat it's hardly profitable to mine blake at this difficulty unless the merge coins start to show some upward movement.

To what end? Shake hobbyists out with high difficulty? I'm going to keep accumulating BLC and BBTC just in case.
Activity: 211
Merit: 119
Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
Anyone have Baikal  Giant b running on blakecoin?

I dont think it will work till they patch the software to support blakecoin as there are a few differences in hashing vs standard hashing e.g its serialized with a single sha256 not double I sent the an email back in December yet no reply yet  Cry
someone in China claims to have it working. I’ve been at it a while but to no avail..

This must be one of them -> pdsghb , they are putting up big numbers on LA1

They have some Blake256 rigs listed  https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/66979
Founder of Incakoin
Anyone have Baikal  Giant b running on blakecoin?

I dont think it will work till they patch the software to support blakecoin as there are a few differences in hashing vs standard hashing e.g its serialized with a single sha256 not double I sent the an email back in December yet no reply yet  Cry
legendary
Solutions Architect

I dont think it will work till they patch the software to support blakecoin as there are a few differences in hashing vs standard hashing e.g its serialized with a single sha256 not double I sent the an email back in December yet no reply yet  Cry
Wake up one day to Blake network hashrate 10x higher, and the price is sideways. perhaps due to photon. Guess that's the end of hobby miners getting blakecoin.
Founder of Incakoin
Activity: 67
Merit: 3
Wow, what a net hashrate. Seems FPGAs are outdated now and need a new job *sigh*
legendary
Solutions Architect
Now you have to explain what the heck happened ... I was undermining quietly, then I entered the "edit account" to enter the address of the wallet for the payout and when I went to type the pin (which I remember from memory and it is always that) has always given the error "wrong pin".
I tried to reset it but the pool system replied "we can not send you email to the specified address" (which is a fully functional gmail address).
Now the amount is also suspended and the pool writes me to check my email to unlock it ... well, it's 72 hours that I do not receive any mail !!

What's now? Also because I had undermined a lot and I would not lose the blc ...

I reply to this on google/twitter/pm did you not read the reply  Huh

any issues it is best to just contact me direct will sort things out asap

the emails are off due to people abusing them to crash pool and get blocked for spam due to amount of emails generated, I have unlocked your account on eu3
uhm.. account unlocked, but the pin (that I know perfectly) doesn't work... and if I try to reset pin, pool reply: "Unable to send mail to your address

I sent you a temp pin check your pm messages and via dm on twitter  Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: