Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 117. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Any time frame when hard fork is coming right now I have my coins on bittrex so I can transfer it into my wallet?
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Does the windows wallet need to be online all the time for the staking to take place?

If your wallet is open 24 hours a day, you will earn the guaranteed annual 3%. 

If you open your wallet from time to time, you can still earn Block tokens by staking but less than 3% annually.

I do not believe that this is accurate, as I receive at 3% on Block wallets which are not always open (some are on laptops that are not always turned on).  I think they only need to be opened once every week or so in order to keep staking at the standard rate.  The devs could say for sure about the exact time period, but I do remember Dan saying previously on Slack that this is the case.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
I thought there was an ICO, what is the blocknet token for then?

Yes there was an ICO. My point was, if you swap BTC for LTC with Blocknet there is no token in between. It is not BTC swapped to TOKEN swapped to LTC. It is BTC straight swap to LTC.

Blocknet is for trading fees, microservice fees etc.
Activity: 8
Hello to everybody

I have few questions  If I have 5000 Block token  I can run a service node.Will the node has same priority like someone  has a lot of nodes ?

Are all these nodes competing eachother to get the fee for transaction , which is the priority ?

Do I need to stay online 24 hours per day ?

Do you have any estimate about how much will be fee's amount per node?

Any suggestion how to learn about these nodes are appreciated.

Thank you for your collaboration.

Blocknet is a big project, congratulations just move as quick as possible because a lot of projects are coming !
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
How will the Blocknet token will be used in the exchange? Is there any aplication?
Activity: 276

blocknet.conf
addnode=104.131.186.93
addnode=104.131.176.233
Quote from:  G-Bert

the wallet is syncing with 4kb/s and sometimes even stops syncing

Here is the majority of the blockchain. much quicker to download http://76.164.207.2/

thanks a lot!
MR1
legendary
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000
Does the windows wallet need to be online all the time for the staking to take place?

If your wallet is open 24 hours a day, you will earn the guaranteed annual 3%. 

If you open your wallet from time to time, you can still earn Block tokens by staking but less than 3% annually.
Activity: 364
are there any addnodes or a direct blockchain download?

Here is the majority of the blockchain. much quicker to download http://76.164.207.2/
Activity: 35
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
stealthcoin.com

blocknet.conf
addnode=104.131.186.93
addnode=104.131.176.233
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Something I posted in WAVES topic earlier:

So there is no difference between Bitshares decentralised exchange from 2 years ago and Waves decentralised exchange other than the Waves one is prettier?

I suggest some of you take a look at Blocknet - they are building a decentralised exchange but not with an intermediary token. Instead it's through atomic swaps by the xbridge technology. It's directly peer to peer which will means lower cost to the users, less friction, faster and of course it's truly decentralised.

Blocknet has been around for 2 years and is launching the hardfork in 4-8 weeks. They have demonstrated the atomic swaps, it's been tested and the exchanges can be seen in the BTC/LTC blockchains (Charlie Litecoin dev tweeted about it). So this isn't imaginary tech.

That's just the beginning though. DAPPs are coming next:

- decentralised mixer (users can mix their BTC for ZCash in a completely decentralised way and master nodes collect service fees)
- margin trading
- microservice APIs

Blocknet is super cheap market cap, peanuts compared to Waves. Only on Bittrex atm.

I thought there was an ICO, what is the blocknet token for then?
Activity: 276

legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Tweets on what will shape the token ecosystem's design space

It sounds awesome. But is there a simple one line explanation to break it down in dumb terms for someone like me, maybe with an example.

One line explanation:
Dapps won't just be simple "monolithic" blocks of code, they'll soon be orchestrations of inter-chain microservices. Reason: the ability to leverage all the services out there on the upcoming token ecosystem. The Blocknet is infrastructure for the token ecosystem.
legendary
Is BLOCK able to support XST coin ?

Thanks
If it supports OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY and has a stock JSON RPC interface, then yes.
legendary
Activity: 924
Is BLOCK able to support XST coin ?

Thanks
legendary
Why the devs do not care about the questions I asked few weeks ago?

Here it is:

Let`s assume I want to sell LTC and buy Antshares (ANS) on Blocknet exchange. I have a full node of LTC but I do not have an ANS wallet. I want to receive my ANS in a paper wallet. Do I need to have ANS`s full node to sell my LTC and buy ANS on BLOCK decartelized exchange?

Another question:

Is BLOCK able to support Lisk coin and IOTA?

Sorry, I must've missed it.

Currently, you'd need full nodes for any coin you want to trade.

Lite wallets (SPV nodes) are planned as a priority feature, so you won't have to download a blockchain to trade.

Paper wallets can't do the complex contract setup required for atomic exchange. Sorry, that's not on our feature list.

legendary

So there is no difference between Bitshares decentralised exchange from 2 years ago and Waves decentralised exchange other than the Waves one is prettier?

I suggest some of you take a look at Blocknet - they are building a decentralised exchange but not with an intermediary token. Instead it's through atomic swaps by the xbridge technology. It's directly peer to peer which will means lower cost to the users, less friction, faster and of course it's truly decentralised.

Blocknet has been around for 2 years and is launching the hardfork in 4-8 weeks. They have demonstrated the atomic swaps, it's been tested and the exchanges can be seen in the BTC/LTC blockchains (Charlie Litecoin dev tweeted about it). So this isn't imaginary tech.

- decentralised mixer (users can mix their BTC for ZCash in a completely decentralised way and master nodes collect service fees)
- margin trading
- microservice APIs

Blocknet is super cheap market cap, peanuts compared to Waves. Only on Bittrex atm.

Where did you get the infromation that the hardfork is launching in 4 to 8 weeks? Did I miss that news?

Good summary about the coin!

Quick clarification on this one:

- yes, a hard fork is planned soon. 4 to 8 weeks should  be about right.

- this hard fork is in order to add OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY to the Blocknet's chain.

- the functionality this will enable is trade fee collection and distribution by service nodes

- this is not "a production launch" in a general sense of the term. But it is the laying of infrastructure for service nodes, which is pretty big news for all the people buying multiples of 5000 BLOCK to run one of the first services in the world to exist as part of the token ecosystem.

Any rough rough production launch target date?

That's not how we are developing the Blocknet.

This is how we're doing it:

- it's live and working (maturity: "MVP")

- outstanding core features/"infrastructure" come first

- key features for the market come next

- and we'll just keep building from there

The idea of a "production release" doesn't make sense in this space for multiple reasons. Firstly, there's no server room or cloud production environment. Secondly, we're doing continuous deployment, not releasing software on, say, DVDs like Windows XP. Thirdly, we're working in an "agile" way where we knock off little milestones at a time, and just keep demonstrating progress. (Software development works quite well this way.) Finally, you can already use the decentralised exchange right now.

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

- margin trading
- microservice APIs

Where did you get the infromation that the hardfork is launching in 4 to 8 weeks? Did I miss that news?

- this hard fork is in order to add OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY to the Blocknet's chain.

- the functionality this will enable is trade fee collection and distribution by service nodes

- this is not "a production launch" in a general sense of the term. But it is the laying of infrastructure for service nodes, which is pretty big news for all the people buying multiples of 5000 BLOCK to run one of the first services in the world to exist as part of the token ecosystem.

Any rough rough production launch target date?
legendary

- margin trading
- microservice APIs

legendary
I don't think you guys should be getting all too excited about margin trading yet.  From what I've been following on Blocknet Slack this is really just a recent addition to the development features "wish list" and not being actively worked on at this stage.  It would of course be a wonderful feature to have, but there are a lot of issues to work out for something like that and I think that some are financial issues that would go beyond mere code implementation.

Hype and FUD are two sides of the same coin.  If you indulge in one, you'll be sure to get plenty of the other.

Thank you for your level-headed remarks, @Irky.

Yes, I have constructed a few conceptual sketches of p2p margin trading, based on a secondary p2p market for the lending of capital.

Suffice to say that the contracts are hard and complex, that something like Tau or Ethereum would be good choices, and that while the concepts and business logic are clear to me, they're not really documented and have not been built yet.

Also, like the rest of the Blocknet, there'd be no central entity lending funds or securing margin. It would be entirely peer-to-peer.
Jump to: