Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 113. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 186
Merit: 100
so we need 6 months to make ui and 6 months to make send's button. that's great.

This is not correct.   Come and join the slack to get the correct info and up to date news. Propagating incorrect info helps no one. Smiley

All of his comments in this topic are sarcastic troll attempts, don't waste your time.
After the finished tech is out with UI how the integration of new coins will be made? Will the devs of the interested coins be able to list their coins on dx themselves or they must seek the authorization from Blocknet`s dev for this?

Your question has largely been answered in our AMA already.

https://www.reddit.com/r/theblocknet/comments/676buj/ask_anything_about_blocknet_qa/dgt8izo/

What about coins such as NXT, Ether, Golem, Augar, Ripple, NEM that lack a OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY? Are those a blank "no" or is it possible? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
After the finished tech is out with UI how the integration of new coins will be made? Will the devs of the interested coins be able to list their coins on dx themselves or they must seek the authorization from Blocknet`s dev for this?

Your question has largely been answered in our AMA already.

https://www.reddit.com/r/theblocknet/comments/676buj/ask_anything_about_blocknet_qa/dgt8izo/
Activity: 771
Merit: 521
so we need 6 months to make ui and 6 months to make send's button. that's great.

This is not correct.   Come and join the slack to get the correct info and up to date news. Propagating incorrect info helps no one. Smiley
Activity: 771
Merit: 521
No. What I mean is, if you go to Bittrex to try to buy enough Block to become a node the price would be pushed up to .0015 (more or less) because there's not enough block available at the lower prices to become a node.

I meant the release of the exchange. Can you delete that comment please. I guess the exchange is working.

I think what they are talking about is that the node feature will be ready in four weeks to mid summer.

Question does this mean in four weeks to mid summer after the hard fork nodes wil be paid trade fees

from transactions on the exchange. Also, will the new user interface be ready in three to six months.

If the exchange is working now I will download it and get it going. I'm going to start using it.

But who will you exchange with even if you start using it. The UI is the main factor here. Most will not even try to use it without a good UI.

This should not take 6 months. A UI should be a month at most if the person is allocating full resources to it. Who is doing the UI?

Hi. I think you have  the wrong information here and don't have the whole picture.  Come and join the slack where you can get up to date on some of the things you mentioned.  That way, incorrect info is not propagated.  Smiley
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
How do you buy a node ?

Maybe stupid question but I just bought BLOCK so...

Thanks

- buy 5000 BLOCK
- download the latest Blocknet wallet from http://builds.xcurrency.co/blocknet/Build/
- download wallets of coins that you want to accept trade fees from
- follow the setup guide here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M65hM03tX16FXN-X-30ETWq21WkWts1TxQXv-LR32AU/edit?usp=sharing

So basically this is the setup instructions on how to use the exchange.

Is the setup the same for all coins or do only the coins in the instructions work ?

Instructions say to use single box over local host what does that mean ?

According to the instructions, users can exchange tokens, assets, and utilise smart contracts between blockchains.

When will users be able to create contracts and assets through Blocknet between other blockchains.

I see potential with two computers someone could set up an exchange on a computer. Run the wallets of coins you want to trade on that computer, and keep cold wallets on another computer. Then transfer only the coins you want to trade into the other computer, not worrying about exchangings.

I will try it this week !
Activity: 686
Merit: 266
we can close this topic and create a new one after one year. Grin
don't forget us BLOCK 'll back in one year  Grin
No. What I mean is, if you go to Bittrex to try to buy enough Block to become a node the price would be pushed up to .0015 (more or less) because there's not enough block available at the lower prices to become a node.

I meant the release of the exchange

Oh I've read it on here a few pages back mid summer in less then 4 weeks hold on I will find it.

Just wanna clarify the details of this:

Quick clarification on this one:

- yes, a hard fork is planned soon. 4 to 8 weeks should  be about right.

- this hard fork is in order to add OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY to the Blocknet's chain.

- the functionality this will enable is trade fee collection and distribution by service nodes

- this is not "a production launch" in a general sense of the term. But it is the laying of infrastructure for service nodes, which is pretty big news for all the people buying multiples of 5000 BLOCK to run one of the first services in the world to exist as part of the token ecosystem.

Any rough rough production launch target date?

That's not how we are developing the Blocknet.

This is how we're doing it:

- it's live and working (maturity: "MVP")

- outstanding core features/"infrastructure" come first

- key features for the market come next

- and we'll just keep building from there

The idea of a "production release" doesn't make sense in this space for multiple reasons. Firstly, there's no server room or cloud production environment. Secondly, we're doing continuous deployment, not releasing software on, say, DVDs like Windows XP. Thirdly, we're working in an "agile" way where we knock off little milestones at a time, and just keep demonstrating progress. (Software development works quite well this way.) Finally, you can already use the decentralised exchange right now.

Ok I get it now, sorry, so the exchange is up and running. The user interface is bieng worked on and should be ready in the next three to six months. The hard fork in 4 weeks to midsummer will enable nodes to collect trade fees from the exchange. Is this correct ?
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

I meant the release of the exchange. Can you delete that comment please. I guess the exchange is working.

I think what they are talking about is that the node feature will be ready in four weeks to mid summer.

Question does this mean in four weeks to mid summer after the hard fork nodes wil be paid trade fees

from transactions on the exchange. Also, will the new user interface be ready in three to six months.

If the exchange is working now I will download it and get it going. I'm going to start using it.

But who will you exchange with even if you start using it. The UI is the main factor here. Most will not even try to use it without a good UI.

This should not take 6 months. A UI should be a month at most if the person is allocating full resources to it. Who is doing the UI?

Other stuff from the lead dev Dan:

- Very soon he will be rolling out a "feature by feature funding system", where the coin staking reward can be contributed towards the development of specific features (unclear if this will also include service fees). This is great news as it helps fund future development which is critical.

- The dx (distributed exchange)  dx will support external api’s and can/will pull from trex/polo. It will support bots/api’s, ( a reference trading bot will be released in python along w/ the dx), generally the bots equalize the price because if it goes up on say trex, then the bot buys up on the DX to sell on trex

- He is looking for people to contribute: "I’m looking for people who are interested on contributing to this project from website content to organizing the materials/information/etc, if your interested DM me or @synechist"

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Oh I've read it on here a few pages back mid summer in less then 4 weeks hold on I will find it.

Just wanna clarify the details of this:

Quick clarification on this one:

- yes, a hard fork is planned soon. 4 to 8 weeks should  be about right.

- this hard fork is in order to add OP_CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY to the Blocknet's chain.

- the functionality this will enable is trade fee collection and distribution by service nodes

- this is not "a production launch" in a general sense of the term. But it is the laying of infrastructure for service nodes, which is pretty big news for all the people buying multiples of 5000 BLOCK to run one of the first services in the world to exist as part of the token ecosystem.

Any rough rough production launch target date?

That's not how we are developing the Blocknet.

This is how we're doing it:

- it's live and working (maturity: "MVP")

- outstanding core features/"infrastructure" come first

- key features for the market come next

- and we'll just keep building from there

The idea of a "production release" doesn't make sense in this space for multiple reasons. Firstly, there's no server room or cloud production environment. Secondly, we're doing continuous deployment, not releasing software on, say, DVDs like Windows XP. Thirdly, we're working in an "agile" way where we knock off little milestones at a time, and just keep demonstrating progress. (Software development works quite well this way.) Finally, you can already use the decentralised exchange right now.

Activity: 350

No. What I mean is, if you go to Bittrex to buy enough Block to become a node the price would be push the price up to .0015 (more or less) because there's not enough block available at the lower prices to become a node.
Activity: 350
I don't think you anyone become a node any more without pushing up the price of block to .00150, and the exchange will be released in less then four weeks !

any official annoucnement about that?
How in the world ?  Huh Is Block's market cap below the market cap of ruby coin, florin coin, nova coin. Your kidding right ! It makes no sense ! Blocknet needs to start releasing press articles.

I mean Blocknet will be a true decentralized crypto exchange

Where you can trade without holding coins in an exchange !

Get paid trade fees for running a node, and ruby, florin, nova all have higher market caps !

Even expanse market cap just went to 19million.

Agreed with you market cap is not parameter to decide the future of any promising project. The dev team is doing hard work and testing result is also very positive so that I also think soon it will explode.
Waves right now market cap has risen to a crazy $130 million. Whilst Blocknet is sitting on a peanuts market cap of $8 million. And what's mental is this project is ahead of Waves.

This is a golden opportunity before an epic market correction occurs.

Blocknet should be at over 6 dollars already. If Blocknets market is 19million like expanse it would be 6 dollars.
3,900,000 x 19million equals 6 dollars. It's rediculus that Blocknet's market cap is lower then Florin, Ruby, Novacoin, and is almost the same as Solar coin. When it's about to release it's exchange in less then 4 weeks
at 1 hundred and 30 million market cap like Waves, Blocknet will be thirty dollars. There should be press releases about block launching its platform in less then 4 weeks !
Activity: 1008
Merit: 253
Agreed with you market cap is not parameter to decide the future of any promising project. The dev team is doing hard work and testing result is also very positive so that I also think soon it will explode.
I don't think anyone can become a node any more without pushing up the price of block to .00150, and the exchange will be released in less then four weeks !

Jump to: