Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 114. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 417
Merit: 250
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
... But its not always the best idea that wins. Although I think there is room for both coins to exist the only thing that worries me is that things might develop to slow since they have to do everthing alone. Waves have a lot of funding and a hole team developing the protocol.

What Waves are good at is marketing and I think they are spending a portion of their raised funds on adverts which I've seen around.

Bottom line is Waves at 130 million market cap means Blocknet is a fucking bargain.

Recognition of one of the mechanism behind the success of other projects is different from being able to change it.

"Marketing" works because it fulfills an essential component of society -- communication -- in an artistic manner. It is the "coordinated" and "sculpted" effort of educating (large) amounts of people about the 1) existence, 2) relevance, and 3) desirability of a product or project. Marketing also carries the direct or indirect implication of 4) support for a product or project. It is the definite state of "more than one person is involved in this effort".

"Auto-Marketing" happens when the solution of -- and support behind -- a product or project is so good, that the product or project does not have to spend resources "Marketing" it. People are generally so elated to find an viable, economical solution to a problem, that they remember it, and even glow the information to other people, especially when they come upon people with the same problem that they used to have.

This is valuable, and rare. So, many successful endeavors resort (at least in part) to "Marketing".

"Auto-Marketing" does not mean that the project never used Marketing. It just means that the present (and hopefully, persistent) state exists in which a project is meeting the weighty needs of individuals or groups, to where they no longer have to resort to "marketing".

Marketing, whether Auto- or not, "fulfills a need".

Once Waves gets over two or three dollars. People will begin moving out of waves and into Blocknet.
Activity: 106
Merit: 14
... But its not always the best idea that wins. Although I think there is room for both coins to exist the only thing that worries me is that things might develop to slow since they have to do everthing alone. Waves have a lot of funding and a hole team developing the protocol.

What Waves are good at is marketing and I think they are spending a portion of their raised funds on adverts which I've seen around.

Bottom line is Waves at 130 million market cap means Blocknet is a fucking bargain.

Recognition of one of the mechanism behind the success of other projects is different from being able to change it.

"Marketing" works because it fulfills an essential component of society -- communication -- in an "artistic" manner. It is the "coordinated" and "sculpted" effort of educating (large) amounts of people about the 1) existence, 2) relevance, and 3) desirability of a product or project. "Marketing" also carries the direct or indirect implication of 4) support for a product or project. It is the definite state of "more than one person is involved in this effort".

"Auto-Marketing" happens when the solution of -- and support behind -- a product or project is so good, that the product or project does not have to spend resources "Marketing" it. People are generally so elated to find an viable, economical solution to a problem, that they remember it, and even glow the information to other people, especially when they come upon people with the same problem that they used to have. (An example of this is greyskies last sentence, quoted above)

This is valuable, and rare. So, many (would-be) successful endeavors resort -- at least in part -- to "Marketing".

"Auto-Marketing" does not mean that the project never used Marketing. It just means that the present (and hopefully, persistent) state exists in which a project is meeting the weighty needs of individuals or groups, to the point to where the project/uct no longer has to resort to "marketing".

Marketing, whether Auto- or not, "fulfills a need".
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
I am totally fine with 10% dev funding mechanism. I only hope we can increase the team size. Time is blocks worst enemy at this stage.

True but it's not a linear thing where throwing 10 times more resources at the problem results at 10 times faster results. Also Dan is looking for another crypto dev, to join the other dev who is helping.

What's slowing down the UI is the guy we are paying isn't immediately available (why we chose a guy who is so busy fuck knows, that was a mistake IMO).

It's all going to come together in the next few weeks with the hard fork and the UI getting done.

What we really need the funding for is for the future DAPPS - e.g. decentralised coin mixer

Name the UI guy if he is on here so I can advise others to avoid such a character.

Does he not know he is holding up a potentially billion dollar project? His other projects are likely run of the mill crud that is of no importance.

Let's get our money back and employ someone that understand this is crypto and it moves at light speed compared to other sectors.

The earlier we are out with a good UI the better the reception and uptake.

I am nervously eyeing other atomic trade platforms although their progress is equally snail paced thankfully.

Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Blocknet Dx will be real world's first fully trustless and decentralized working exchange. Their has not been any true decentralized exchange so far. All claims are false and somewhat are covered under some sort of centralization. Blocknet will provide first decentralized working exchange. We don't have to wait much now as everything is on track.

Also don't forget this project is much more than just a decentralised exchange.

The Xbridge enables microservices:

- monetised API consumption
- digital service delivery
- Zcash mixer (clone a multiwallet, integrate xbridgep2p, auto-trade for Zcash and back to any other currency. Near-perfect mixing)
- A marketplace app. You'd want the following services: (a) customer reputation and info, (b) payment processing, (c) image storage, (d) item listings. Use a microservices architecture for the reasons given above, gaining the advantages of utilising multiple blockchains. Use one chain to store encrypted customer info (see the final item on this list), use the Blocknet's XBridge to accept payments in any cryptocurrency, store images on a server, and use a third chain and in-wallet code for the item listings and UX. The result: a scalable, composable set of services that are easier to bugfix, ungrade, or replace.
- The use of any Ethereum contract by supplying "gas" in other coins
- A stablecoin that maintains its peg by exploiting the fact that trade records on a dx are on-chain (checks trade records; burns/creates or freezes/unfreezes coins to maintain a precisely equivalent money supply)
- An OAuth killer: a personal information service that records encrypted personal metadata on your chain and comes with a revocable permissioning system. Users thus acquire self-sovereignty over their personal information. From there, you can integrate to any site/app requiring sign-in, or users can voluntarily sell their metadata to advertisers for micropayments (sorry, Google Ads), or it can support passport/identity systems.

The sky is the fucking LIMIT with this coin. And the more demand these services pick up over time, the more upwards price pressure it will put on Block as it's required for the services.

I'm getting hyped just writing about it.
I am totally fine with 10% dev funding mechanism. I only hope we can increase the team size. Time is blocks worst enemy at this stage.

True but it's not a linear thing where throwing 10 times more resources at the problem results at 10 times faster results. Also Dan is looking for another crypto dev, to join the other dev who is helping.

What's slowing down the UI is the guy we are paying isn't immediately available (why we chose a guy who is so busy fuck knows, that was a mistake IMO).

It's all going to come together in the next few weeks with the hard fork and the UI getting done.

What we really need the funding for is for the future DAPPS - e.g. decentralised coin mixer
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
I also think block has a better aproach of dex then waves. But its not always the best idea that wins. Although I think there is room for both coins to exist the only thing that worries me is that things might develop to slow since they have to do everthing alone. Waves have a lot of funding and a hole team developing the protocol.

So there was a ICO for block some time ago now, dont think there is much left from that money? Is there any way we can add (payd)members to the team so development can speed up? I dont know how much of the code is allready opensource if not all so what is stopping a more funded team to use the source code and try be theyre first?  

I think for block to be a huge succes there has to be more then 2 people working on the code. From what I read Dan is a really good coder but he is one man and there are limits to what he can do plus he has the xc community as well.

I dont know for sure but I thought I saw Dan day on slack something about 10% of the block reward goes to funding in the future?

How does the community see this?

Without funding projects die. So long as the spending is on a ledger there is no issue with funding mechanisms of even greater than 10%
I also think block has a better aproach of dex then waves. But its not always the best idea that wins. Although I think there is room for both coins to exist the only thing that worries me is that things might develop to slow since they have to do everthing alone. Waves have a lot of funding and a hole team developing the protocol.

So there was a ICO for block some time ago now, dont think there is much left from that money? Is there any way we can add (payd)members to the team so development can speed up? I dont know how much of the code is allready opensource if not all so what is stopping a more funded team to use the source code and try be theyre first?  

I think for block to be a huge succes there has to be more then 2 people working on the code. From what I read Dan is a really good coder but he is one man and there are limits to what he can do plus he has the xc community as well.

I dont know for sure but I thought I saw Dan day on slack something about 10% of the block reward goes to funding in the future?

Waves approach has been done before with Bitshares. It was done 2 years ago. No joke, the majority of the Waves community don't even realise this. I'm a semi programmer and I've reviewed their source code. There's no real new ideas in it. Blocknet has cross chain atomic swaps, a first in crypto. What Waves are good at is marketing and I think they are spending a portion of their raised funds on adverts which I've seen around.

That said there is room for multiple exchanges as we can see with Bitstamp, Poloniex, Bitfinex, GDAX etc.

You can say anything about another team taking a coin's source code and using it. But it's very rare for that to be done successfully hence why most forks don't amount to much. The Blocknet developer had to overcome a lot of hurdles and has a deep understanding of the subtle problems. Don't forget he's been working on this for almost 3 years, not a couple of months.

Yeah there will be a self funding approach put in place for future development. THAT SAID, there's only so much funding can speed things up. COSMOS which is a blatant Blocknet copy raised 10 million plus and they wont launch until Q4 2017... quality original code takes time.

NrX
Activity: 770
Merit: 254
Blocknet Dx will be real world's first fully trustless and decentralized working exchange. Their has not been any true decentralized exchange so far. All claims are false and somewhat are covered under some sort of centralization. Blocknet will provide first decentralized working exchange. We don't have to wait much now as everything is on track.
Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money

Waves right now market cap has risen to a crazy $130 million. Whilst Blocknet is sitting on a peanuts market cap of $8 million. And what's mental is this project is ahead of Waves.

This is a golden opportunity before an epic market correction occurs.
Is blocknet trying to compete with waves?

Trying to compete? We have been doing trustless atomic swaps cross blockchain for donkey's years (our lead dev Dan recently posted evidence in the BTC, LTC blockchains of the swaps working and has been retweeted by Charlie Litecoin dev). Waves is actually behind us but has v good marketing and a larger team. As someone else pointed out, Waves has a simple coloured coin approach no different than what Bitshares did years ago. I actually asked in the Waves topic what is the difference between their exchange and the Bitshares one - the answer basically was Waves will have a prettier UI. Blocknet on the other hand does true peer to peer cross chain swaps which is truly decentralised.

That said there are some different scopes to the projects. Blocknet is going to enable trustless microservices via the DEX e.g. trustless decentralised mixing using Zcash. And each of these DAPPS will be powered by Blocknet token so the more they are used the more it will increase the price of Blocknet.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Hello everyone, an old block & xc holder here.

I found the latest updates amazing, but I unfortunately have backed away from the community for the past couple of years due to real life.
Can someone point me to the right direction- I have backed up my wallets, what do I need to download to be able to use my block/XC again, and how do I follow the process of reapplying my stored wallets?
I am not aware of forks/hard updates etc.

I just want to run the wallet and re-load my old wallets.

I have a 2016 version of Block/xc currently running at around 85% just to give you an idea.

Any help appreciated, thank you.

At first you need to download the wallet,and block database.After that,if you use windows write in search pannel %appdata%,find the blocknet folder,and replace wallet file.

Hey friend, thank you for your reply. So I don't need to worry about other stuff like forks or big updates to the wallet? Nothing won't mess up my wallet.dat?
If you have your wallet.dat,your coins are safe,and not worry about other stuff.

Thank you very much. I will try not to bother you with other questions, I will try to find my way through the website
Activity: 539
Merit: 500

I found the latest updates amazing, but I unfortunately have backed away from the community for the past couple of years due to real life.
Can someone point me to the right direction- I have backed up my wallets, what do I need to download to be able to use my block/XC again, and how do I follow the process of reapplying my stored wallets?

I have a 2016 version of Block/xc currently running at around 85% just to give you an idea.

At first you need to download the wallet,and block database.After that,if you use windows write in search pannel %appdata%,find the blocknet folder,and replace wallet file.

Hey friend, thank you for your reply. So I don't need to worry about other stuff like forks or big updates to the wallet? Nothing won't mess up my wallet.dat?
If you have your wallet.dat,your coins are safe,and not worry about other stuff.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

Blocknet has no competition with Waves. Waves is not decentralized platform and on other side Blocknet is truly decentralized exchange. Blocknet has more professional approach to provide trustless trade system in crypto world. 
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
Activity: 42

Activity: 29

I'm interested in this project. The wikipage link(s) from the OP is down.

http://wiki.blocknet.co/

Slack message from synechist:
May 10th
2:43 PM
Hi folks
Apologies for my absence. I've had internet issues over here.
2:43
But you guys are awesome. Thanks for offering to help!
Pinned by eazyg
2:44
Blocknet FAQ-in-progress: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LVOl-EYVJDWFs5f8wWOTW4FjZx4llvzQZUF8JUxCLUM/edit#heading=h.s9nslts29pk9
2:44
You're most welcome to edit/compile the Reddit questions.
2:46
In general, if you want to do anything, it'll be very welcome, and I don't want you to feel you need to ask permission either.
2:46
And of course I'll assist, supply info, edit stuff - basically support you as well as I'm able to.
Activity: 539
Merit: 500

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I'm interested in this project. The wikipage link(s) from the OP is down.

http://wiki.blocknet.co/

op is about to get updated soon with pretty decent news and infos Smiley
Jump to: