Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 122. (Read 1103293 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Just to let you all know that the OP now links to the correct Windows wallet.

If anyone has further antivirus issues, please let me know:
- which antivirus program you use
- on which OS
- and either screenshot or paste the details of the report

Thanks

Arlyn
Activity: 1008
Merit: 253
I will keep supporting Blocknet because dev has passion about make this first ever trustless exchange. This is my long term investment so will wait till this happen.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

That is great to see the proof of these transaction so this historic moment have been arrived Block is ready for big jump. I think still cheap at current it will be over $100 very soon make my words.
Work on the UI for the decentralised exchange has begun!

Now who'd like to see some early mockups?

Righto, here they are.

Note: these are early conceptual mockups, and are likely to change considerably

These are looking cool and sexy I like this finally this is going to happen. We will be able to trade on this most secured trustless exchange. You are doing really great job good luck and keep up this spirit.
Question: How will BlockNet compare to for instance 0x project, which has very sizeable investments thrown its way?

BlockNet doesn't hold your money !

UI work has started a few weeks ago.  VERY rough ETA: mid - late summer 17.

Hi all, I'm interested in the blocknet project. I see that ark also promises bridging between block chains, how does the blocknet bridging compare to theirs? Has Ark shown a working concept or is blocknet so far the only one with a working bridge?

Thereby what is the difference between cosmos and blocknet? So far it looks cosmos is a clone, it even has the same slogan. How does blocknet ensure to keep a lead in the race to launch a platform with bridging first?

BlockNet has already released a working bridge - Xbridge. If you look at the Ark Github it all looks very busy but it's basically a clone of Lisk and I don't see anything released yet which is novel or revolutionary, just lite wallets and things like that. The key part is they don't have a bridge.

Note work started on Blocknet started over 2 years ago, Ark is a new project. Note also we introduced the bridge teminology with our Xbridge and Ark is calling it Smartbridge.

The main difference between Cosmos and Blocknet is Cosmos requires the inter-chain services to run on it's chain only. Blocknet is true inter-chain services. And of course Cosmos is relatively new and if you look at their Github they have no actual coin code released yet - https://github.com/cosmos just code about their website and fundraising. I'm sure Cosmos won't be a clone of our code. But it will have the same ideas.

Btw there is plenty of room for all projects.

Slack invite: https://blocknet.herokuapp.com

That's no good Block is true interchain technology

Note that these are only some examples of BLOCK`s future usecases ^^^

This tech can be leveraged in many more other situations.

Actually that's right only this project has the solution of trustless exchange so this will be truly giant in future. From my point of view we have to hold this token for long term so this will achieve more big marketcap very soon.

looking forward to the day waking up and see +300%

Ha Ha soon !

Give us something to look forward to without giving it away!

How about this:

Some stuff I was able to gather in slack about what is happening next....

Note - nothing is set in stone as things change due to community needs and consensus.  That's how the Block community works.

So....

1. Apparently the API will be worked on shortly very soon in readyness for the...
2.  ...development of the UI which will start in about 7 weeks.
3. Efforts are being made to add Block to AT LEAST  one other exchange. YOU CAN VOTE FOR BLOCK HERE TO BE ADDED TO C-CEX:
https://c-cex.com/?id=vote&coin=block
4. A percentage of staking coins will be sent to the Dev fun.  % to be determined.
5. The integration of SPV so nobody has to download chains for coins on the decentralized exchange. (not confirmed but looks positive - apparently this work could be done while the UI is being developed at its 2 different people)
6. Various marketing ideas are being discussed and will probably be voted on.
7. LTC testing has started. BitBay will be next with possibly Zcash after that. (not confirmed)

In short...

LOTS GOING ON.

Slack invite: https://blocknet.herokuapp.com/

So besides being added to Yobits we can vote to have Block added to Ccex Nice !

Update from the reddit thread: (dev answer in red)

What is an example of a simple dapp that would be cool?
One reason why I'm asking is I'm interested in building a dapp to drive people to Block. I can program to some degree of proficiency but I'm not on Dan's level.

I'll list a couple of simple ideas:
Zcash mixer (clone a multiwallet, integrate xbridgep2p, auto-trade for Zcash and back to any other currency. Near-perfect mixing)
A marketplace app. You'd want the following services: (a) customer reputation and info, (b) payment processing, (c) image storage, (d) item listings. Use a microservices architecture for the reasons given above, gaining the advantages of utilising multiple blockchains. Use one chain to store encrypted customer info (see the final item on this list), use the Blocknet's XBridge to accept payments in any cryptocurrency, store images on a server, and use a third chain and in-wallet code for the item listings and UX. The result: a scalable, composable set of services that are easier to bugfix, ungrade, or replace.
The use of any Ethereum contract by supplying "gas" in other coins
A stablecoin that maintains its peg by exploiting the fact that trade records on a dx are on-chain (checks trade records; burns/creates or freezes/unfreezes coins to maintain a precisely equivalent money supply)
An OAuth killer: a personal information service that records encrypted personal metadata on your chain and comes with a revocable permissioning system. Users thus acquire self-sovereignty over their personal information. From there, you can integrate to any site/app requiring sign-in, or users can voluntarily sell their metadata to advertisers for micropayments (sorry, Google Ads), or it can support passport/identity systems..

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Cyprohunter, Please list the anti virus software that gives the results you talked about. We can see if we can replicate those issues/errors. Cheers Smiley

Its fine for me on both mac and pc

Also, make sure you download the wallet from here - http://builds.xcurrency.co/blocknet/Build/ - the wallet is compiled directly from the code in github automatically.

http://builds.xcurrency.co/blocknet/Build/Official_Blocknet_Wallet/

The official wallet is above, please do not download any wallets from mega..

Perhaps remove that mega  link from the OP then?? let's hope a lot of people I recommended to this project have not become infected with junk that will harm their machines or worse extract their crypto investment.

A few people have asked me why this wallet throws up so many virus/malware warnings?
I know these are probably false alarms but on virus total it throws more virus warnings than any other wallet i have seen.
Is there a way to fix these false flags? Some people will not put this on their machine they said.

Is there a new updated wallet over the one in the OP because a few people are having issues even running it? probably because their av is stopping it running.

Seeing same thing here. I know block is legit, but need to fix these small issues.

Take me to moonn!

The question has been asked in Slack, and the dev was unaware of this happening and has asked for more details. Can either of you give more details of the messages you are getting?

All they need to do is upload their windows wallet to the virustotal website and you will see all the flags

I have never seen a wallet on here get so many flags before and from the most well known virus maleware programs.

Most novice users will not be able to install this on their machines without adding exceptions to all their anti virus and malware progs.
this is quit a big issue.

Windows Wallet from op shows 19 viruses, but the one from website shows 0 viruses in virus total. Looks like two different files.

That link has been there since 2014? has nobody mentioned it is riddled with virus and malware flags?

Those are hopefully false flags but I hope none are serious issues.

I expect we need to get that file analysed now to make those who have no doubt downloaded the blocknet wallet from this OP that there could indeed be an issue if there is indeed an issue.
Activity: 371
Merit: 252
Question: How will BlockNet compare to for instance 0x project, which has very sizeable investments thrown its way?

One holds your money on their blockchain, the other does not.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I think only 22% of coins is held by top 15 wallets excluding the burn address. So no, they don't control the majority of coins.

Piston Honda is a fudder. Don`t take him seriously. He is fudding all coins. Look at his posting history.

naw just the shitcoins and scammy/stinky ones.  Smiley

Go FUD WBB then, that's a definition of a shitcoin.
Activity: 240
Merit: 101
A few people have asked me why this wallet throws up so many virus/malware warnings?
I know these are probably false alarms but on virus total it throws more virus warnings than any other wallet i have seen.
Is there a way to fix these false flags? Some people will not put this on their machine they said.

Is there a new updated wallet over the one in the OP because a few people are having issues even running it? probably because their av is stopping it running.

Seeing same thing here. I know block is legit, but need to fix these small issues.

Take me to moonn!

The question has been asked in Slack, and the dev was unaware of this happening and has asked for more details. Can either of you give more details of the messages you are getting?

All they need to do is upload their windows wallet to the virustotal website and you will see all the flags

I have never seen a wallet on here get so many flags before and from the most well known virus maleware programs.

Most novice users will not be able to install this on their machines without adding exceptions to all their anti virus and malware progs.

Windows Wallet from op shows 19 viruses, but the one from website shows 0 viruses in virus total. Looks like two different files.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Cyprohunter, Please list the anti virus software that gives the results you talked about. We can see if we can replicate those issues/errors. Cheers Smiley

Also, make sure you download the wallet from here - http://builds.xcurrency.co/blocknet/Build/ - the wallet is compiled directly from the code in github automatically.

http://builds.xcurrency.co/blocknet/Build/Official_Blocknet_Wallet/

The official wallet is above, please do not download any wallets from mega..
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Activity: 826
Merit: 250
Blocknet is looking very good at that floor keeping it holding powerfully during this storm. All the indicators shows that once we see some stabilization with Bitcoin next round will be in Blocknet to show us some high rides. May be till then some good news will also appear to support it.
Activity: 771
Merit: 521

Activity: 771
Merit: 521

Take me to moonn!

Using that site, the wallet comes up with zero detections...

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/09ac25a351918de8b6eb23ed378a79d916f7e8b82cea7bb7ce0ba7ff8ded1ff6/analysis/

proof:

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto
I think only 22% of coins is held by top 15 wallets excluding the burn address. So no, they don't control the majority of coins.

Piston Honda is a fudder. Don`t take him seriously. He is fudding all coins. Look at his posting history.

naw just the shitcoins and scammy/stinky ones.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003
I have had no issues at all with mine ! Works great.

When dev is doing hard work to make it more reliable truly decentralized exchange first ever in crypto world than we have to keep patience and wait because it will become giant project and only strong hands will make profit.
Jump to: