Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 126. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Wink

BLOCK has been added to another exchange....  Stay tuned for confirmation.   Cool

News just broke we are getting listed on Yobit. Solid exchange with about 5k BTC daily trading volume.

nice, wheres the proof it's yobit?
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
News just broke we are getting listed on Yobit. Solid exchange with about 5k BTC daily trading volume.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 504
Don't try to judge the true value of the Blocknet Dx by its current market price as they don't represent the it. Once the hardfork will be announced and mainnet will go live that will be moment to see it going in one way direction to up and up. Block will have multiple usages so limited supply with unique features means big success.
I'll list a couple of simple ideas:

Zcash mixer (clone a multiwallet, integrate xbridgep2p, auto-trade for Zcash and back to any other currency. Near-perfect mixing)

Fucking awesome. Truly trustless decentralised mixing - this could be Block's killer app.

Any coins of any currency you want to mix? Bitcoin, Litecoin, Syscoin, Ether etc. Just use the zcash mixer. And since Block is used it will boost the price of Block up the more the service is in demand. Positive feedback loop baby.

Note this works because of the atomic swaps used as the foundation of the Xbridge.

great idea Cheesy so much useful possibilities for BLOCK

Exactly. Think smart about this. The block service nodes collect fees for every DAPP that runs through them. The Distributed Exchange (DX) for example, the service nodes collect more fees, the more trades happen. So as these services get used, more services get added and more usage occurs, the services nodes will collect more fees.

Imagine a year from now, 4 popular DAPP's generating a ton of fees for service nodes. Then 2 years from now, 25 DAPP's generating a shit load of fees for service nodes. Etc. Bottom line - service nodes will make us rich.

Zcash mixer (clone a multiwallet, integrate xbridgep2p, auto-trade for Zcash and back to any other currency. Near-perfect mixing)

Fucking awesome. Truly trustless decentralised mixing - this could be Block's killer app.

Any coins of any currency you want to mix? Bitcoin, Litecoin, Syscoin, Ether etc. Just use the zcash mixer. And since Block is used it will boost the price of Block up the more the service is in demand. Positive feedback loop baby.

Note this works because of the atomic swaps used as the foundation of the Xbridge.

great idea Cheesy so much useful possibilities for BLOCK

Activity: 76
Merit: 0
Activity: 322

Note that these are only some examples of BLOCK`s future usecases ^^^

This tech can be leveraged in many more other situations.

Actually that's right only this project has the solution of trustless exchange so this will be truly giant in future. From my point of view we have to hold this token for long term so this will achieve more big marketcap very soon.

looking forward to the day waking up and see +300%

Guys wake me up when the price of 1 block reaches $10  Cool

Actually that's right only this project has the solution of trustless exchange so this will be truly giant in future. From my point of view we have to hold this token for long term so this will achieve more big marketcap very soon.

looking forward to the day waking up and see +300%
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

MR1
legendary
Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

Activity: 771
Merit: 521
Update from the reddit thread: (dev answer in red)

What is an example of a simple dapp that would be cool?
One reason why I'm asking is I'm interested in building a dapp to drive people to Block. I can program to some degree of proficiency but I'm not on Dan's level.

A marketplace app. You'd want the following services: (a) customer reputation and info, (b) payment processing, (c) image storage, (d) item listings. Use a microservices architecture for the reasons given above, gaining the advantages of utilising multiple blockchains. Use one chain to store encrypted customer info (see the final item on this list), use the Blocknet's XBridge to accept payments in any cryptocurrency, store images on a server, and use a third chain and in-wallet code for the item listings and UX. The result: a scalable, composable set of services that are easier to bugfix, ungrade, or replace.
The use of any Ethereum contract by supplying "gas" in other coins
A stablecoin that maintains its peg by exploiting the fact that trade records on a dx are on-chain (checks trade records; burns/creates or freezes/unfreezes coins to maintain a precisely equivalent money supply)
An OAuth killer: a personal information service that records encrypted personal metadata on your chain and comes with a revocable permissioning system. Users thus acquire self-sovereignty over their personal information. From there, you can integrate to any site/app requiring sign-in, or users can voluntarily sell their metadata to advertisers for micropayments (sorry, Google Ads), or it can support passport/identity systems.
Activity: 371
Merit: 252
After Friday's update to resolve the dust issue:

"After that update, the next update will include the voting/governance feature and lock in the service node requirement of 5k blocks"

"So that major update will include the ability to fund/vote for specific projects"

Also at the moment counting Dan there are 3 full time devs working on the project.

Service nodes can vote and fund on new features. Service nodes are what were previously called DX nodes, to reflect the fact they will be capable of more than just exchange functions.

Well that settles that.

Looks like 26 nodes up for sale on Bittrex.
After Friday's update to resolve the dust issue:

"After that update, the next update will include the voting/governance feature and lock in the service node requirement of 5k blocks"

"So that major update will include the ability to fund/vote for specific projects"

Also at the moment counting Dan there are 3 full time devs working on the project.

Service nodes can vote and fund on new features. Service nodes are what were previously called DX nodes, to reflect the fact they will be capable of more than just exchange functions.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
They going to hire another crypto dev to join the team, they're investigating it now. And the UI has been outsourced to a solid UI dev.

Most importantly obfuscate the code so our block investment is not threatened by the copy and paste button of other journeyman devs.

Not a bad idea actually. Reason being - the point of open source is so others can contribute. Right now nobody is contributing anyway as it's too early

In my opinion, as a temporary measure freeze the openness of the code - we can point to what is out there in public already which is substantial. We can go back to showing everything in a couple of months.

For all we know Cosmos and Ark are drawing inspiration from our codebase. And Cosmos is better funded with more resources, we don't want to help them overtake us.

Of course they will be.... this entire environment is mostly based on prior art.

throw all resources and promise what you must to whoever you  must to ensure first mover and keep first mover advantage...

open source is a joke now in this enviroment.  Only huge teams like eth can do this and get away with out being over run. Even they i heard are considering licensing as are steem

yeah open source it in terms of allowing people to see it is clean of nasties but don't let them copy and paste it after years of working on it.
They going to hire another crypto dev to join the team, they're investigating it now. And the UI has been outsourced to a solid UI dev.

Most importantly obfuscate the code so our block investment is not threatened by the copy and paste button of other journeyman devs.

Not a bad idea actually. Reason being - the point of open source is so others can contribute. Right now nobody is contributing anyway as it's too early

In my opinion, as a temporary measure freeze the openness of the code - we can point to what is out there in public already which is substantial. We can go back to showing everything in a couple of months.

For all we know Cosmos and Ark are drawing inspiration from our codebase. And Cosmos is better funded with more resources, we don't want to help them overtake us.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
Best thing block can do now is bring on a larger team and get it done faster....

time is their enemy above all others here now.

By whatever means bring in enough dev power to produce non spv fully functional in a month

SPV 3 months max.

6 months in crypto is almost like saying not in your lifetime.

Perhaps promise special favours (blocknet based) to devs of other teams that work with you to provide what block needs.

hope people don't see the huge potential of this coin and hinder me to fill my bags Smiley

It's still undervalued coin from my point of view at the moment price should be over $10 as recent testing gone wonderful. This first truly decentralized exchange has huge potential I also bought last night under 70k and will hold my coins till $100.

I think they will bill worth much more then that ! You can monetize them running nodes

I think Blocknets the next  Ethereum ! $4,590,422,721 x 3,900,000 = $ 1170.00, and when people find out and word gets out it may happen overnight ! Blocks nodes has value.

Less of the fudding please. If you want block to rise do not attempt to pump it, let the product speak for it's self.

I don't think you know what fudding means lol.

Blocknet does have huge potential. Not just the decentralised exchange. But also linking all the different blockchains out there and their services through Block.

That will create a positive feedback loop. All it takes is one DAPP to get some traction and people buy block to use it and that will take us sky high.

In a way Block is almost carnivorous. It's going to feed off the value of other chains and grow big and strong.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
hope people don't see the huge potential of this coin and hinder me to fill my bags Smiley

It's still undervalued coin from my point of view at the moment price should be over $10 as recent testing gone wonderful. This first truly decentralized exchange has huge potential I also bought last night under 70k and will hold my coins till $100.

I think they will bill worth much more then that ! You can monetize them running nodes

I think Blocknets the next  Ethereum ! $4,590,422,721 x 3,900,000 = $ 1170.00, and when people find out and word gets out it may happen overnight ! Blocks nodes has value.

Less of the fudding please. If you want block to rise do not attempt to pump it, let the product speak for it's self.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Jump to: