Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 133. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 771
Merit: 521
Some great fundamental analysis on the Blocknet's market activity

Great video. Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Great update regrading making the process of ease with many chains. Those mentioned wallet can be really very good solution which will help to adopt and boost the process of turning into huge and giant decentralized exchange. Blocknet is going to become the symbol of game changer. You guys are just awesome with your work.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
makes me wish i bought more

Now that I have a little bit more understanding of how the DEX works, I am not really that bullish on this project anymore. The way I understand it, it requires everyone to download the full blockchain of each coin they want to trade. How inconvenient... If that stays a requirement, then I'm not sure how big this can get (as far as volume/liquidity on the exchange).

Dan said he will be working to address this.

Yes, and there's no need to adopt a less decentralised architecture to achieve this.

We simply need to adopt Satoshi Nakomoto's SPV concept.

Practically, SPV nodes compiled into a multiwallet would be ideal.

And we'd not need to build a multiwallet ourselves; we'd just need to integrate to an existing one like Jaxx or Exodus.

That way, you could use our architecture in an identical way, without having to download entire blockchains.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003
Zcash creator is tweeting about Block enquiring how to integrate with it:

https://w.twitter.com/zooko/status/854841822417498113

This adds further legitimacy to the Blocknet project.

It seems Block have so many surprises that's just beginning on new era. More big marketcap is coming to this project this looking like legit as things moving forward.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

Now that I have a little bit more understanding of how the DEX works, I am not really that bullish on this project anymore. The way I understand it, it requires everyone to download the full blockchain of each coin they want to trade. How inconvenient... If that stays a requirement, then I'm not sure how big this can get (as far as volume/liquidity on the exchange).

That would be just great.
legendary
Activity: 1288

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
This thing will run just because of the market cap ! This thing can gain a two hundred million dollar market cap or more ! If the tech is good even a billion ! I'm not going to miss out on an opportunity like that.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jn9HIsMox5g

Excellent video ! Nice insight we should be where waves is right now or monero there is much room to grow !
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust

Me too! I guess hindsight is 20/20 though. Crazy pump going on now. It will be interesting to see if it can be sustained or not.

The hardest part about DEXs is getting volume and liquidity on them. Up-thread there is mention of not wanting to go the multisig route with oracles hosting the wallets, because it is not fully decentralized. Although I agree it is not fully decentralized, I think for a DEX to work you need to compromise as far as decentralization and ease of use. I still think this project has some room for growth, but I don't know about its near term viability. It could be a decade before any decent volume is being transacted.

Bitshares, InstaDEX, Supernet, etc. have all struggled to gain decent liquidity/volume after garnering a huge amount of hype and a large market cap (all of those were as high as #2or #3 on market cap list at one point... well maybe not Supernet, but it was pretty high up there too). I kind of feel like this project is headed down the same path.

I will keep my Blocknet coins, because I want a DEX to succeed, but I hope the convenience of trading is addressed.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Zcash creator is tweeting about Block enquiring how to integrate with it: https://mobile.twitter.com/zooko/status/854841822417498113

There should be no reason (other than tech incompatability) stopping cryptocurrency founders from working with Blocknet. If the core dev team can work on the tech, as a community we can work on increasing the top of the funnel so people are always wanting to integrate.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Zcash creator is tweeting about Block enquiring how to integrate with it: https://mobile.twitter.com/zooko/status/854841822417498113

Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
I read some pages back that there will be a hard fork? I want to send my block from bittrex to the qt wallet but if there is a hardfork can I just copy paste the wallet.dat file in the new client?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

That is awesome Block to the moon now feeling so great to have some tokens at low price. Block is going to make millionaire so many people.

This should be posted on the lite coin thread.

So post it?

I did ! Thanks..
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Some great fundamental analysis on the Blocknet's market activity

Activity: 686
Merit: 266
Where are all the 2014 fuders now? Curling up in a ball of embarrassment, thats where.

The "fuds" were about XC, where is XC today? it is dead. The "fuds" were right, BLOCK grew at the expense of XC.
The XC holders were frustred. it was normal.
u only invested in the BLOCK, happy for u.
 but do not come here to make the moron.
here we're still trying to turn the XCs page.
Blowing up again. Going to hit that 30 BTC wall very soon.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
BLOCK is a very sexy coin now  Tongue
Where are all the 2014 fuders now? Curling up in a ball of embarrassment, thats where.

That is awesome Block to the moon now feeling so great to have some tokens at low price. Block is going to make millionaire so many people.

This should be posted on the lite coin thread.

So post it?
Jump to: