Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 131. (Read 1103293 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Is it still pow and minable
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
would be fun if someone ate that 175k wall and beyond and didnt sell back.
whales dont like to buy their coins back for more.

Yes lol so true,

I feel like once it's bought up ! Holders will be selling dust. No one will be able to buy Block in the single digits because no one will even sell their stake  ! The user base is growing, by the way !
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
would be fun if someone  ate that 175k wall and beyond and didnt sell back.
whales dont like to buy their coins back for more.

Activity: 771
Merit: 521
Calm down a bit guys with the buys.  Like others have said, some people just looking to make a buck and run are selling for profits.  Wait for it to pass and buy cheap coins.  Now is not the time to buy.  Your just helping others take profits and continue the downward trend.  Just my opinion, but we are going to see .001 before the next pump starts.  I've got enough block to hold and I'll buy more at the bottom of this downward trend.  The larger buys when the prices are low moves the price up faster then small buys when the price is high.

There are some bots there I think. Forcing price down to accumulate and sell later much higher.  Must be. Or that buy wall makes no sense.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Calm down a bit guys with the buys.  Like others have said, some people just looking to make a buck and run are selling for profits.  Wait for it to pass and buy cheap coins.  Now is not the time to buy.  Your just helping others take profits and continue the downward trend.  Just my opinion, but we are going to see .001 before the next pump starts.  I've got enough block to hold and I'll buy more at the bottom of this downward trend.  The larger buys when the prices are low moves the price up faster then small buys when the price is high.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
really wish I had some free funds too! bargains to be had!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
Some people no doubt profit taking. Note that 95% of the ICO investors haven't sold a single BLOCK. That's because we haven't even launched yet and still have lots coming - getting btc/ltc trading solid, a solid UI, new features, new coins.

Now is a good time to buy to try and get 5k BLOCK so you can run an exchange node.

Some big whales are just putting pressure on people to eat their block at cheap price. That is true real investors are not moving their tokens from their wallets. Still chance to buy these tokens and run exchange node to make huge profit.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
Some people no doubt profit taking. Note that 95% of the ICO investors haven't sold a single BLOCK. That's because we haven't even launched yet and still have lots coming - getting btc/ltc trading solid, a solid UI, new features, new coins.

Now is a good time to buy to try and get 5k BLOCK so you can run an exchange node.
A lot of consolidation going on now.  Big whale buy walls keeping price down getting ready for the first actual pump I think.   I just got another 700.
Activity: 980
Merit: 500

That is great to see the proof of these transaction so this historic moment have been arrived Block is ready for big jump. I think still cheap at current it will be over $100 very soon make my words.
Activity: 28
Blocknet has already surpassed Digi byte and Black coin ! Grin
This is just the beginning Grin.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Blocknet has already surpassed Digi byte and Black coin ! Grin
legendary
Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001
makes me wish i bought more

Me too! I guess hindsight is 20/20 though. Crazy pump going on now. It will be interesting to see if it can be sustained or not.

Now that I have a little bit more understanding of how the DEX works, I am not really that bullish on this project anymore. The way I understand it, it requires everyone to download the full blockchain of each coin they want to trade. How inconvenient... If that stays a requirement, then I'm not sure how big this can get (as far as volume/liquidity on the exchange).

Really?  Huh  Not looked at this before, can't you just send coins from an exchange into the Dex and vice versa?  

There's several solutions. Priority was getting working tech.

If you join the Slack channel we are arranging a poll to decide what to focus development on next, you should join https://blocknet.herokuapp.com/ and ask more questions Smiley

Cool. Thanks for the replies, Truxton too. Having to download individual blockchains would have been too big a barrier for adoption so I'm glad that's not the end goal. Good luck.  
Activity: 126
Just let the trolls talk. They did that too when the price was 0.1$ . They can cry now.
Marketcap will soon be 50m$ .
All trolls are welcome to talk when it happens soon.
Activity: 28
Just give the users the option to query chainz. It is after all their security in their own hands. And I trust chainz enough... especially if you
get 2 other decent block explorers it can poll.

Presumably a faster solution but it sounds a tad centralised by it's nature of being reliant upon 3rd party APIs.

In the long term I would prefer the SPV approach championed by Synechist as it's more in spirit of what's been accomplished thus far. However, I'm also grateful for any and all development and querying an API service does get the job done.
I think 3rd party open sourced APIs should be fine for the short term. Similar to how a lot of us don't run the bitcoin software, but use an open source wallet to interact with the network.
Activity: 186

Me too! I guess hindsight is 20/20 though. Crazy pump going on now. It will be interesting to see if it can be sustained or not.

Now that I have a little bit more understanding of how the DEX works, I am not really that bullish on this project anymore. The way I understand it, it requires everyone to download the full blockchain of each coin they want to trade. How inconvenient... If that stays a requirement, then I'm not sure how big this can get (as far as volume/liquidity on the exchange).

Really?  Huh  Not looked at this before, can't you just send coins from an exchange into the Dex and vice versa?  

There's several solutions. Priority was getting working tech.

If you join the Slack channel we are arranging a poll to decide what to focus development on next, you should join https://blocknet.herokuapp.com/ and ask more questions Smiley

answer from the dev (schyncist) on this topic is that we will not have to download blockchains.  Its part of the dev plans.  Look:

Dan said he will be working to address this.

Yes, and there's no need to adopt a less decentralised architecture to achieve this.

We simply need to adopt Satoshi Nakomoto's SPV concept.

Practically, SPV nodes compiled into a multiwallet would be ideal.

And we'd not need to build a multiwallet ourselves; we'd just need to integrate to an existing one like Jaxx or Exodus.

That way, you could use our architecture in an identical way, without having to download entire blockchains.

Jump to: