Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 180. (Read 1103293 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Itod, either give an argument for your opinions or go away. Bald assertions about my ignorance will get you nowhere.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

"WEB 3.0 MEETS THE INTERNET OF BLOCKCHAINS: ETHEREUM BECOMES BLOCKNET-ENABLED; SUPERCHARGES IOT INTEROPERABILITY"

http://blocknet.co/web-3-0-meets-the-internet-of-blockchains-ethereum-becomes-blocknet-enabled-supercharges-iot-interoperability/

A great piece written by synechist.  You'll find some information here that was not in the recent cointelegraph article (i.e. xbridge vs sidechains).  Enjoy.  

+1 Great article!  I especially loved this statement:

"What do you get when you cross interoperable blockchains with the internet of the future? You get a sidechain killer."

Blocknet's tech is disruptively superior to sidechains (obsoleting them), and thus something that the entire BTC community will openly embrace.  That's a BIG deal.  It's no surprise why Ethereum would desire to become Blocknet-enabled.  
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Been following this project for awhile now.Exciting innovation indeed. 

Agreed.  If you haven't already, sign up to our Slack: https://blocknet.herokuapp.com/
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
BTC=1GjeqWFLc4TBDg3bwdQk9ZWnEoNPCT9t6G
Been following this project for awhile now.Exciting innovation indeed. 
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
Grin Grin Grin but this.. this was scam?  Cheesy

This is great news !!

No scam here - never was Smiley

"WEB 3.0 MEETS THE INTERNET OF BLOCKCHAINS: ETHEREUM BECOMES BLOCKNET-ENABLED; SUPERCHARGES IOT INTEROPERABILITY"

http://blocknet.co/web-3-0-meets-the-internet-of-blockchains-ethereum-becomes-blocknet-enabled-supercharges-iot-interoperability/

A great piece written by synechist.  You'll find some information here that was not in the recent cointelegraph article (i.e. xbridge vs sidechains).  Enjoy.  
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
anything open-sourced on this project?

The entire project is open-source, however, sometimes there's a delay in pushing updates to github.  

See: https://github.com/atcsecure?tab=repositories

Awesome, good to know thanks

The entire project is open-source, however, sometimes there's a delay in pushing updates to github.  

See: https://github.com/atcsecure?tab=repositories
Activity: 134
Is Ethereum gonna make their own official announcement?

Somewhat related to this, Dan said yesterday on Slack:

"Hey, we havent provided any code yet as we arent done with the poc but for full cross chain enablement there will need to be some code added to ethereum for xbridge to function fully"

So as far as I can tell, Ethereum is not yet "blocknet-enabled," but Blocknet is currently working with Ethereum on making this happen.  I expect that once Ethereum's codebase is updated with the "xbridge" code, then at that time there will be some announcement (but that's just my guess).  

While that doesn't answer your question, I hope it provides some context.  

Whatever it be, I bought some today, so please pump it up, to the moon.

This gonna wild soon.
Is Ethereum gonna make their own official announcement?

Somewhat related to this, Dan said yesterday on Slack:

"Hey, we havent provided any code yet as we arent done with the poc but for full cross chain enablement there will need to be some code added to ethereum for xbridge to function fully"

So as far as I can tell, Ethereum is not yet "blocknet-enabled," but Blocknet is currently working with Ethereum on making this happen.  I expect that once Ethereum's codebase is updated with the "xbridge" code, then at that time there will be some announcement (but that's just my guess).  

While that doesn't answer your question, I hope it provides some context.  
Lets take this shit to the MOON
legendary
Activity: 1470
cryptocollectorsclub.com
Wow this is huge news ¡¡¡  Smiley the supernet guys are jealous right now arguing that this is only hype to pump the price but they not realize how undervalued it is right now, even in relation with the supply vs demand, if this project achieve the interoperable blockchain's milestone then is checkmate  for many other projects out there, we all know who are they, cheers  Grin Grin Grin

Honestly though, personally I'm keen to collaborate with SuperNET. They're a legit project and apparently they're decent folks too - when you're on the inside.

I think there's advantage to be gained from making our two projects interoperate. There's also advantage in idea-sharing and dividing up dev tasks if we have common challenges.

There is no "us vs. them" in the Blocknet. We're a network. All are welcome!

I agree, more the merrier for any projects doing real work and with a vision for the future.
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Wow this is huge news ¡¡¡  Smiley the supernet guys are jealous right now arguing that this is only hype to pump the price but they not realize how undervalued it is right now, even in relation with the supply vs demand, if this project achieve the interoperable blockchain's milestone then is checkmate  for many other projects out there, we all know who are they, cheers  Grin Grin Grin

Honestly though, personally I'm keen to collaborate with SuperNET. They're a legit project and apparently they're decent folks too - when you're on the inside.

I think there's advantage to be gained from making our two projects interoperate. There's also advantage in idea-sharing and dividing up dev tasks if we have common challenges.

There is no "us vs. them" in the Blocknet. We're a network. All are welcome!

Activity: 118
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto
blocket + swift future moonage (and now with ethereum power)

In response to some who are claiming Blocknet "simply" added Ethereum, comparing the integration to an html file linking two websites:

You are wrong.  From a strictly technical perspective (i.e. code): Blocknet doesn't integrate coins by adding them to its own codebase... Coins integrate Blocknet's code (xbridge) into their own codebase (thus enabling cross-chain communication).

Therefore, Ethereum itself has to add "xbridge" to their own codebase in order to become "Blocknet-enabled."  Blocknet may have had to make some changes in their codebase to make possible an Ethereum integration (regarding this, I do not know). However, it is ultimately up to Ethereum to become "Blocknet-enabled" by altering their own codebase with the "xbridge" code.

This is how it has worked for every altchain currently "Blocknet-enabled." And this is how it will work for any altchain in the future that decides to become "Blocknet-enabled."

However, Blocknet is using Ethereum's script VM in their code for their upcoming DX and smart-contracts. So while yes, both are getting features of the other, I am primarily speaking against the absurd claim that "Blocknet simply added Ethereum" (as if Ethereum had no direct say or role in the integration).
Activity: 226

HUGE news!!  Let's not forget that Dan was recently made the head of Ethereum meetup's in Boston!  These are truly exciting times for both Blocknet and Ethereum!

Some samples from the Q&A on Slack: https://blocknet.herokuapp.com/

infinitechaos [8:24 AM]
Does this integration with Ethereum mean that Vitalik Buterin or someone at Ethereum has vetted the Blocknet code that you’ve produced thus far and approved of its utility and viability?

atcsecure [8:25 AM]
@infinitechaos: yes someone at ethereum did review it for its utility and viability

battbot [8:46 AM]
@atcsecure, what excites you most about Ethereum becoming Blocknet enabled?

atcsecure [8:49 AM]
@battbot, what excites me the most is that it is akin to android app store, extending dapps across an entire range of blockchains, creating an industry standard for dapps

battbot [8:57 AM]
@atcsecure, So, what do you expect is the future for Blocknet in light of it's new relationship with Ethereum?  Do we have a change in direction?  Or will the current "road-map" more or less remain the same?

atcsecure [8:58 AM]
@battbot: there is a change in direction in that we are using the ethereum VM engine for smart contracts, which then enables any developer to leverage that within the blocknet system

infinitechaos [9:01 AM]
@atcsecure: Can you talk about what Ethereum has to gain from working with the Blocknet?

atcsecure [9:02 AM]
yes ethereum gains the ability to leverage other chains via xbridge.  we want to create the industry standard for smart contract stacks

For clarification on the Blocknet-Ethereum relationship:

atcsecure [10:44 AM]
the bottom line is that ethereum is interested in xbridge technology and a DX that uses that tech.  ethereum is interested in creating the same industry standard dapp platform that I talked about, and that will use xbridge, so this is a real collaboration.
Activity: 141
 Grin Grin Grin Cheers to all Blocknet Supporters  Grin Grin Grin
Jump to: