Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 200. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
see my profile

Update of the numbers, not 100%, because of partly hidden orderbooks, but still ...

1.76 BTC = Poloniex sell orders until 24999
4.42 BTC = Bittrex sell orders until 24400
0.07 BTC = Bter sell orders until 23995
----------
6.25 BTC - that is a ridiculous 1.7% of your ICO wealth.

So ... how much DO you believe in your own coin?

So you mean that if a team believes in their coin they ought to divert money from development to invest in price manipulation?

Yes ... actually. But why negatively ... rather call that positively an INVESTOR PROTECTION.

I don't know why you started with cryptos ... but considerable parts of this scene are now worse than the banksters against whom this revolutionary new technology set off to protect us.  
And crypto ICO/IPO/ITOs seem to have become the new scam scheme to make a tiny group very rich, by making many many people poorer.

What I am talking about is not a worsening ("manipulation") but an improvement ("protection") of the situation, and it only needs to happen in the first ~3 weeks after an ICO/IPO/ITO. And as you can see in his answer and in my former posts about this, the people behind this coin were actually considering it. Good. I would like an update on that now.   But think for yourself - perhaps I am wrong with this suggestion, then find the flaw please.  So: What are the ingredients of my thinking?

• ICO/IPO/ITO s have become a terrible trap in the past months ...
  • ... often because usually one (only very small) group panics, and immediately sells, at a loss.
  • Understandable, because there is a lot of scam in cryptos, and you never know for sure until after the big-dump-without-recovery. Then it's bagholding for life, or selling at a huge loss.
  • To buy at 25000, and the next day sell at 18000 might look irrational, at first...
  • ...but look at it now: Those few who immediately dumped their BLOCK at a loss, were the only rational people. Everyone who hodled was not. Sell at 18000 buy back at 12000 - isn't that rationality?
  • That immediate minidump to far below ICO prices ... happened before a good buy support had started to build up. Clearly, in the first days how can there be buy support? - Most of the people interested in the coin have already invested - into the ICO.

It's all so easy to understand. And thus, there is a supereasy way out ... to protect the value, support, trust, good atmosphere among the vast majority of the investors ... and it takes only a tiny little minuscule abstinence from greed. Sharing is caring.

Look at the example of BLOCK: To protect 98.3%, you now only need 1.7%. Only 1.7% of the IPO money will get the price back up.

The makers of this software here were trusted with 364 BTC. It would have been an easy act of pure cold-blooded cleverness (or call it team spirit, or even altruism, or business manners), to re-invest 3% of that, directly after the IPO, into stabilizing the price.  (And a lot of the fudding would not have happened, by the way).

And all this is rational for the ICO organizers, because with a rising price they can then later sell what they bought ...

... during the INVESTOR PROTECTION WEEKS  - every I(CPT)O should have IPW(tm)
(... I invent that term now ... could that actually become a paid service?, contact me for details! ... I just locked it into the blockchain, to prove it was me :-) )

Anyways ... is all of the above ... just wrong? Then please help me to understand the flaw in my thinking.

Last but not least, there is another spin on this ... not my words:  "neither is it a bad idea for the Foundation to be invested in BLOCK"

Enjoy your weekend!

Feel free to tip me
[BLOCK] Bn3gKj1BKit8YKr5WrFE6BENtEGhuHcQyk  
BTC 15i31jzNpiUZ1Ni4QTvJsVuZ196Ghv175m
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
any ideas on why the XC thread got locked?

A FUD free thread? Sign me up...

Discussion was moved to slack.  And the FUD doesn't exist...it's pleasant!

For what might seem like incomprehensible reasons to the BTCtalk community, some people really would like for the team(s) to work in peace and not have to worry about posts here.

As it should be.  I still think Dan is one of the best devs here...

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

A FUD free thread? Sign me up...
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

Who locked the thread only knows the reason.
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009
Will the XC forum be back online?  There was a lot of info there which would be helpful for investors.

Nope, block has its own thread on slack. Probably closing this thread down.

Interesting that information is being deleted or is becoming unaccessible altogether.  You sure know how to inspire investors.  Wink

You say inaccessible which is a lie.

Please do tell...how do we access the XC forums?
On slack, I setup my slack last night and it's a huge leap forward in tech compared to this 90's era forum. I'm gonna be setting up the port for IRC tonight, thanks infinitechaos for helping your truly a good guy!

How does this address my question?  I wasn't asking about Slack or btctalk.

Your quote "Please do tell...how do we access the XC forums?."

The XC forums are accessible thou Slack.

I have not yet verified that this is the case but why would a company looking for users/investors make them jump thru hoops for info?  Making things difficult for what reason?

Is it so difficult to sign up? No it is not. They moved to slack because they wish to continue their work in peace.  

As far as looking for investors? They do not really need them. XC and Blocknet will be completed regardless of price.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Will the XC forum be back online?  There was a lot of info there which would be helpful for investors.

Interesting that information is being deleted or is becoming unaccessible altogether.  You sure know how to inspire investors.  Wink

On slack, I setup my slack last night and it's a huge leap forward in tech compared to this 90's era forum. I'm gonna be setting up the port for IRC tonight, thanks infinitechaos for helping your truly a good guy!

How does this address my question?  I wasn't asking about Slack or btctalk.

I have not yet verified that this is the case but why would a company looking for users/investors make them jump thru hoops for info?  Making things difficult for what reason?

Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io

Update of the numbers, not 100%, because of partly hidden orderbooks, but still ...

----------

So you mean that if a team believes in their coin they ought to divert money from development to invest in price manipulation?
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
see my profile
When you were planning development budget of 850 BTC, bitcoin price was lower. On top of that, you have collected more than what you need to develop the BlockNet. Therefore, you should have excess funds that you could use for the buyback and support the price. Why don't you spend 100 BTC or so on the buyback?
Update: BTC funds will be held at the following multisig address in a BitGo wallet: 39mtqLhmPQ8WEpzFCBNHpwPvxFgFPuSDye
That is 364.38012183 BTC ~ 150 thousand USD.
Have you considered to sacrifice (bittrex 7.8 + poloniex 3.6 + bter dust) / total =
only 3% of your immense gains, to stabilize the trading back to ICO prices?
That would immediately stop a lot of complaints.
You believe in your project? Then buy up some of your coins, for cheap.
EDIT: And you probably need less BTC, once the market understands that the trend towards 0 Satioshi is reversed.
A buy wall is actually something we've considered cursorily.
It's not a bad idea -  and neither is it a bad idea for the Foundation to be invested in BLOCK.
We'll let you all know if we decide to do this. It makes a degree of sense.
(Hint: might wanna avoid selling at a loss until we respond to this...)
It won't need 100 BTC. Because a (slow slow slow!) rally upwards just needs to be triggered and supported, and then other market participants will join in. Be clever, think willy bot.
Facts:
13.97 BTC = Poloniex sell orders until 25000
7.0672 BTC = Bittrex sell orders until 25000
~0.2 BTC = Bter sell orders until 25000
----------
21.2 BTC
that is 5.8% of the ICO, last week it was only 3%.
So the buyback has become more expensive now, i.e. more people are loosing trust, plus low buy price allows for gains already below 25000. "The" price is starting to settle around half-ICO. Not what you want.
If you had acted when I suggested it, you would have saved yourself 9.6 BTC, for the same action. Consider to tip me 10% of that, for my good ideas  Grin
[BLOCK] Bn3gKj1BKit8YKr5WrFE6BENtEGhuHcQyk  
BTC 15i31jzNpiUZ1Ni4QTvJsVuZ196Ghv175m
 Cheesy

EDIT: Thx for the small tip, well appreciated. And yes, the sooner this is settled, the earlier this most important change will happen:
Can we get back to BlockNET  Roll Eyes
i think thats true. you should spend it for rise nearly ico price. its 21BTC or 25 BTC. if you dont believe your own coin, why people trust ?

----------

legendary

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

legendary

Activity: 387
Dan/atcsecure just released a (working with known bugs) prototype of the xbridge protocol in slack chat.

It comes bundled with an XC wallet and a BLOCK wallet, and you can send messages between the two blockchains.

I'll leave it up to synechist or atcsecure themselves to post the download link in case you want to try it out for yourself.

You should keep this info in Slack.
Why? All of the participating coins still use this forum and it was said releases would be posted here and this is good news for all involved coins! Can't wait to try it out

I don't think he meant permanently.  Just until the prototype build is ready to be released to the public, which will in the very near future.
Oh ok, it's so easy to misread things sometimes

Easy to do  Grin
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Hopefully Blocknet comes of age.

I know BitSwift is awesome and en-route to huge results!!!  Price is holding strong too.  Locked the thread though, thus I have to post here now instead of there lol Sad
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
Dan/atcsecure just released a (working with known bugs) prototype of the xbridge protocol in slack chat.

It comes bundled with an XC wallet and a BLOCK wallet, and you can send messages between the two blockchains.

I'll leave it up to synechist or atcsecure themselves to post the download link in case you want to try it out for yourself.

You should keep this info in Slack.
Why? All of the participating coins still use this forum and it was said releases would be posted here and this is good news for all involved coins! Can't wait to try it out

I don't think he meant permanently.  Just until the prototype build is ready to be released to the public, which will in the very near future.
Oh ok, it's so easy to misread things sometimes
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Sorry. Didn't mean to take time out of your life. Not interested in Blocknet Slack, thanks.

But I hear they are taking a principled stand against any coin with connection to Bob Surplus. Excellent news.

They are packing their bags and leaving town 'cuz they know shit is going down.

Both coins are Bob Surplus ICO's and Bob is on the run. His people are rolling over.

Newbie account, nuff said.

Yea right. You forgot the apostrophe. Shit, you were so close to being cool and dismissive.

Fact remains. Paul has packed his bags and left town. 48 hours ago he was inviting everyone to his thread. Said it was a great marketing opportunity, BitSwift to the moon, etc.

Now how do you square those two things?

IDK, IDC it's not my coin.

Edit, I had to take the time out of my life to paste this link. Bitswift is here. Sign up for slack because real investors are tired of this nonsense.

https://theblocknet.slack.com/

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

If you despise this forum so much why do you come here?  

Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out.  You won't be missed.

Hey, sometimes it's just fun to stop by and witness the train-wreck this site has become.  Not all the people here are bad.  I've made some good friends, and most have begun moving to other venues.

Hey, it's all good.  When I eventually do step away, it won't be a big deal.  And YOU definitely won't be missed.  

Let me know when you go so we can throw you a going away party.

See, now you just make me want to stick around.  I'll be around for a little longer.  Thought today was the day, but I changed my mind.

Edit: Just for clarification, the site used to be a great place for information (and some sections still are) and a great gathering spot.  This change, which has happened really over the last 3-4 months has reached a tipping point, that most are sick of.  I think it's sad, because at one point BCT used to be a great site.

I get it.

Peace
Will the XC forum be back online?  There was a lot of info there which would be helpful for investors.

Interesting that information is being deleted or is becoming unaccessible altogether.  You sure know how to inspire investors.  Wink

They are packing their bags and leaving town 'cuz they know shit is going down.

Both coins are Bob Surplus ICO's and Bob is on the run. His people are rolling over.

Newbie account, nuff said.
Jump to: