Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 438. (Read 1103293 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
1) How long will the ITO?
2) When we can to sell our tokens? When the ITO finish or when blocknet be released?
3) Blocknet ETA?
1) You can find this info at http://theblocknet.com/ :
The Blocknet's ITO will begin on 5am EST Oct 29th and run until November 5th 23:59:00.
2) no info
3) no info

@synechist
I really want to invest in the blocknet, but you have to provide us more informations asap! Who controls that only 10 000 000 tokens will be generated? Will be the code completly open source?

The Blocknet's ITO will begin on 5am EST Oct 29th and run until November 5th 23:59:00

The tokens will initially be created on a regular blockchain, only 10 000 000 tokens will be created

After the ITO, any unsold tokens will be provably destroyed

You will be able to withdraw your tokens to wallet which is to be released before the ITO starts

The BLOCK/BTC pairs will stay on exchanges after the ITO and will be still tradeable

For owning BlockNet shares you will be getting dividends/fees from BlockNet.

Funds are used to develop a lot of next-gen software (i.e. the XBridge, decentralised exchange, application platform, etc.)

Funds will be used to enter the B2B market for various services (expect an executive summary regarding this pretty soon, which will include budgetary information and a roadmap)

BLOCK-holder profits come directly from the intrinsic functioning of the Blocknet - i.e. through the rendering of services

Blocknet is a software platform development project, coupled with make-money-from-services model for token holders.

Here's a list of reasons why Blocknet tokens are worth buying.

Section 1: The Blocknet is the internet of blockchains; it provides what crypto needs most:

- a feasibly-sized userbase for coins, so their tech can actually get used

- a platform to turn coins' tech into services, so tech can generate revenue

- a method of converting all of crypto into a B2B services offering of incredible power

As such, the Blocknet stands to change the entire landscape of crypto, and become a foundational pillar of crypto for the indefinite future.

Section 2: shareholders get to profit from the Blocknet's status as a foundational pillar:

- holders receive income from fees

- holders profit if their tokens increase in value

Thank you for the answers. Could you please though state explicilty whether the code will be open source? (as it was asked in the initial qustion also). As far as I understood the Xbridge protocol will be open source. However the blocknet will be made of some other components as well? Will they be open source?

Kind regards and looking forward to the reply on this question. Thank you.

Hi Edward

Yes the Blocknet will be open source. This is necessary for it to be an open and indefinitely extensible platform, like the internet.

On the other hand, no participating coins (i.e. service providers) are required to be open source.
Activity: 155
Merit: 100
2) When we can to sell our tokens? When the ITO finish or when blocknet be released?
3) Blocknet ETA?
1) You can find this info at http://theblocknet.com/ :
The Blocknet's ITO will begin on 5am EST Oct 29th and run until November 5th 23:59:00.
2) no info
3) no info

@synechist
I really want to invest in the blocknet, but you have to provide us more informations asap! Who controls that only 10 000 000 tokens will be generated? Will be the code completly open source?

The Blocknet's ITO will begin on 5am EST Oct 29th and run until November 5th 23:59:00

The tokens will initially be created on a regular blockchain, only 10 000 000 tokens will be created

After the ITO, any unsold tokens will be provably destroyed

You will be able to withdraw your tokens to wallet which is to be released before the ITO starts

The BLOCK/BTC pairs will stay on exchanges after the ITO and will be still tradeable

For owning BlockNet shares you will be getting dividends/fees from BlockNet.

Funds are used to develop a lot of next-gen software (i.e. the XBridge, decentralised exchange, application platform, etc.)

Funds will be used to enter the B2B market for various services (expect an executive summary regarding this pretty soon, which will include budgetary information and a roadmap)

BLOCK-holder profits come directly from the intrinsic functioning of the Blocknet - i.e. through the rendering of services

Blocknet is a software platform development project, coupled with make-money-from-services model for token holders.

Here's a list of reasons why Blocknet tokens are worth buying.

Section 1: The Blocknet is the internet of blockchains; it provides what crypto needs most:

- a feasibly-sized userbase for coins, so their tech can actually get used

- a platform to turn coins' tech into services, so tech can generate revenue

- a method of converting all of crypto into a B2B services offering of incredible power

As such, the Blocknet stands to change the entire landscape of crypto, and become a foundational pillar of crypto for the indefinite future.

Section 2: shareholders get to profit from the Blocknet's status as a foundational pillar:

- holders receive income from fees

- holders profit if their tokens increase in value

Thank you for the answers. Could you please though state explicilty whether the code will be open source? (as it was asked in the initial qustion also). As far as I understood the Xbridge protocol will be open source. However the blocknet will be made of some other components as well? Will they be open source?

Kind regards and looking forward to the reply on this question. Thank you.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
REALLY need to get the wallet ASAP.  I will be at work for the start of the sale so will need to know my wallet address as my wallet will be on my home PC and not at work.  PLEASE, when will the wallet be available?

It will be available before the ITO starts

The day before?  If its the same day then I am fucked.

If you are going to buy tokens with participating coins through coingateway you will be able to send tokens for example to your Bittrex wallet

ok. thanks
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
So then the Community suggestion by GER about a partial ITO funding at the beginning of the ITO and then milestones funding was not taken into account?

Can you clarify on that?

Did not gave credit to the ones that were saying that this project will dilute yours and Dan job with XC...guess I was wrong.
legendary
Activity: 2310
REALLY need to get the wallet ASAP.  I will be at work for the start of the sale so will need to know my wallet address as my wallet will be on my home PC and not at work.  PLEASE, when will the wallet be available?

If you are going to buy tokens with participating coins through coingateway you will be able to send tokens for example to your Bittrex wallet
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
What sort of transparency & accountability will be in place after the ITO in regards to the funds raised?  
legendary
McHammer, some of your posts were deleted either for being abusive or for ignoring my answer to your question and repeating your (abusively worded) complaint.

I answered your other questions though, and you're very welcome to continue discussing them.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

If, despite this, it's still an issue, there are lots of bot algorithms that can drive up volume and/or reduce the spread. These sorts of market maker bots - or, for that matter, regular ol' human scalpers – would remove the problem.

Finally, the Blocknet will support an entire economy of services; liquidity will be, at best, an initial problem.

the same market maker bots are working currently on all exchanges (i ran one on polo) and they dont solve the slippage problem.

why do you think that this would be better with your p2p-exchange?

seriously: i dont want to downtalk your project. i just want to see if it is useful (atm i dont think so: but PLEASE convince me Wink

If exchanges are useful to you (and by the sound of things they are) then why would the Blocknet somehow not be useful, especially if it massive increases usage of coins, thereby reducing slippage?

Also, the slippage problem only applies to transactions above a certain size. Microtransactions for services won't be affected.

So *even* if the Blocknet doesn't increase volume and liquidity, there's still no problem for microtransactions (i.e. service fees).

i like your exchange: but there are already other ones - and yes even p2p ones like nxt.

your project is intersting to me because it allows me to use other coins features without actually holding them (eg the SMS send feature you mentioned).

but this will require an automatic conversion from and to my base currency. this two exchanges will cost me money (spread) as no one will have a sell and a buy order at the same price (it isnt even possible btw as they would match each other)

so i only can see this as an additional fee from the user perspective and as a way to get money from a market maker pov.

and atm the spreads in altcoins are really BIG ( i have seen way more than 20% loss just for a back and forth conversion)

if you have an incentive for a market maker to make the spread as small as possible this wouldnt be a big issue: but i dont see any (i mean any more incentives as with the current exchanges)

legendary
REALLY need to get the wallet ASAP.  I will be at work for the start of the sale so will need to know my wallet address as my wallet will be on my home PC and not at work.  PLEASE, when will the wallet be available?

The wallet will be made available in due time before the ITO.

legendary

If, despite this, it's still an issue, there are lots of bot algorithms that can drive up volume and/or reduce the spread. These sorts of market maker bots - or, for that matter, regular ol' human scalpers – would remove the problem.

Finally, the Blocknet will support an entire economy of services; liquidity will be, at best, an initial problem.

the same market maker bots are working currently on all exchanges (i ran one on polo) and they dont solve the slippage problem.

seriously: i dont want to downtalk your project. i just want to see if it is useful (atm i dont think so: but PLEASE convince me Wink

If exchanges are useful to you (and by the sound of things they are) then why would the Blocknet somehow not be useful, especially if it massively increases usage of coins, thereby reducing slippage?

Also, the slippage problem only applies to transactions above a certain size. Microtransactions for services won't be affected.

So *even* if the Blocknet doesn't increase volume and liquidity, there's still no problem for microtransactions (i.e. service fees).

legendary
Is there a minimum block sell volume for the project to go ahead and what is this amount?

We'll release a financial executive summary, an initial timeline, and detailed info on the ITO very soon.

This question should be covered in it. I just don't have the info from the team as yet.

legendary
but i dont want to own the network , i just want to use one app ...
and i already owned that app  ( xc ) ....
everytime a new coin gets added to the blocknet it should loose some value imo
because holding is disencouraged

I disagree. Holding is not discouraged one bit.

In fact, the Blocknet incentivises people to hold. This is because coins gain far greater market exposure and so the ones with quality features will see much better adoption rates. Correspondingly, speculators will buy the coin. Holders benefit.

legendary

BlockNet FAQ - 2nd , 3rd and 4th question

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9269808
legendary
Some questions:

3) Blocknet ETA?

thanks !

Hi

The Blocknet's ITO will begin on 5am EST Oct 29th and run until November 5th 23:59:00. These are its rules:

- Ten million tokens will be created and no more will ever be made available.
- The price per token will be 0.00025 BTC.
- Tokens purchased using a participating coin will be sold at a 10% discount.
- Any unsold tokens will be provably destroyed.
- The ITO will be held at Bittrex, Bter, Poloniex, and CoinGateway.

You can trade Blocknet tokens against BTC from the moment the ITO begins, for an indefinitely long period of time.

For more info, see the OP, the FAQ below the OP, and also www.blocknet.com

would you please say something about slippage when using another coins feature?
its one of the main reasons i think this concept can never fly

Hey , it was  discussed earlier, here are the links

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9305677

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9306600

i've read them AGAIN and still... no answer about slippage.. atomic exchange does not solve that problem

Slippage is not an issue with microtransactions.

If, for some reason, it's still is some kind of issue, if the exchange returns a quote before you go ahead then you'd not have a loss sprung on you.

Activity: 294
legendary

Some questions:

3) Blocknet ETA?

thanks !

Hi

The Blocknet's ITO will begin on 5am EST Oct 29th and run until November 5th 23:59:00. These are its rules:

- Ten million tokens will be created and no more will ever be made available.
- The price per token will be 0.00025 BTC.
- Tokens purchased using a participating coin will be sold at a 10% discount.
- Any unsold tokens will be provably destroyed.
- The ITO will be held at Bittrex, Bter, Poloniex, and CoinGateway.

You can trade Blocknet tokens against BTC from the moment the ITO begins, for an indefinitely long period of time.

For more info, see the OP, the FAQ below the OP, and also www.blocknet.com

would you please say something about slippage when using another coins feature?
its one of the main reasons i think this concept can never fly

Hey , it was  discussed earlier, here are the links

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9305677

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9306600

i've read them AGAIN and still... no answer about slippage.. atomic exchange does not solve that problem

yay another way for you to get money...
would you please say something about my concerns about slippage?
Jump to: