Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 441. (Read 1103293 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Ill ask again, do we know if poloniex will have a nhz/block pair ??
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Does anyone know how coingateway works?
If i want to buy the blocknet with XC, do I deposit XC at coingateway?

You're given an address to pay XC to, and you enter an address to receive BLOCK on. Press the button and off it goes...

legendary
Lucylovescrypto, that is some very old and solidly repudiated FUD.

Please don't come back.

legendary
Does anyone know how coingateway works?
If i want to buy the blocknet with XC, do I deposit XC at coingateway?
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
Twitter & Facebook page look great!! Love the molecule graphics, ingredients of making this thing alive and kicking  Wink

Since we are just around the corner from ITO day, when is the wallet and all other final details regarding procedure of purchase going to be released.
legendary
Activity: 2310

The #Blocknet Twitter page is live!

https://twitter.com/The_Blocknet

Follow, share... spread the word everyone. (Wouldn't want anyone to miss out on ITO news after all.)

I'm like those graphics, reminds me of DNA structures.

Thanks synechist
legendary

[snip]

Follow, share... spread the word everyone. (Wouldn't want anyone to miss out on ITO news after all.)

Thanks. Yeah, they're carbon-based molecules - organic chemistry.

legendary
Activity: 182

legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
I'm going to dump BlockNET under ITO price so every ITO investor have to wait whales accumulating under ITO price  Smiley It worked with every other pre sale this far  Smiley And it's going to work again. Just have to buy enough and dump it. Smart buy after ITO when it's cheaper  Smiley

That makes no sense, but you go do that and lose your money.

check his post history, all he does it Post massive inflammatory bullshit for a few days, then says "yay the FUD worked now i bought some"

He is a retard

I might be a retard but remember my words when Blocknet goes under ITO price and stays there  Smiley

You said the same shit 100 times about BitSwift.... Did you not?

Has BitSwift ever dropped below the ICO?

A: No!

Cheesy
legendary

I'm going to dump BlockNET under ITO price so every ITO investor have to wait whales accumulating under ITO price  Smiley It worked with every other pre sale this far  Smiley And it's going to work again. Just have to buy enough and dump it. Smart buy after ITO when it's cheaper  Smiley

check his post history, all he does it Post massive inflammatory bullshit for a few days, then says "yay the FUD worked now i bought some"

He is a retard

I might be a retard but remember my words when Blocknet goes under ITO price and stays there  Smiley

#mikeisconfirmedretard

Not before it goes far beyond ITO price.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250

He is a retard

Activity: 924

He is a retard
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
I'm going to dump BlockNET under ITO price so every ITO investor have to wait whales accumulating under ITO price  Smiley It worked with every other pre sale this far  Smiley And it's going to work again. Just have to buy enough and dump it. Smart buy after ITO when it's cheaper  Smiley

I guess, especially with the 10% discount, he could try kinda shorting the Blocknet ITO.

But then again that would mean he sorta believes in Blocknet Smiley

Funny strategy. I suppose it could work, but it sounds unnecessarily risky to me. A 10% price difference is not generally enough to count in a volatile market with potentially very high demand for tokens.

Absolutely too risky, at least for me. Only way I see someone going for it if he wouldnt mind seeing the asset in question burn along with his money Cheesy. IE if he wants do dump the asset down no matter the cost.

That being said, I do not believe Blocknet will burn down.
legendary

I guess, especially with the 10% discount, he could try kinda shorting the Blocknet ITO.

Funny strategy. I suppose it could work, but it sounds unnecessarily risky to me. A 10% price difference is not generally enough to count in a volatile market with potentially very high demand for tokens.

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
legendary
Can I clarify what I think is a fundamental difference from SuperNET?
BlockNET is collecting money through the ITO for development. SuperNET ICO funds will be used to purchase shares in coins and revenue-generating assets. (It is also entering into revenue-share agreements, of course, without taking an equity stake.) BlockNET is presumably relying on revenue sharing with its partners?
If that's the case, then there is an obvious distinction in the type of organisations they are, reflected in the NAV, risk, reward and approach to growth of each (and consequently appealing to different demographics).
Is this correct?

i'd be interested in hearing thoughts on this..

Same here. Inquiring minds want to know.

"The Blocknet has its own token of value. However it is not a coin but a share that earns dividends on every payment for every service on the Blocknet.
Every time a service is rendered, the node(s) rendering the service receive payment directly from the node(s) that request it, and the Blocknet charges a micro-fee for supporting the service.
Shareholders are eligible for payouts in proportion to the number of shares they own - the accounting for which is of course done trustlessly and in the public domain."

Hi all

Apologies for the delay in answering this question. I've been very busy (read: slightly overwhelmed) with background stuff.

The initial question above approximately supplies its own answer. There's not a whole lot to add to it really, but I'll try break it down a little bit.

SuperNET:
- funds were used to purchase participating currencies to back the SuperNET's value
- and to create various assets

Blocknet:
- funds are used to develop a lot of next-gen software (i.e. the XBridge, decentralised exchange, application platform, etc.)
- funds will be used to enter the B2B market for various services (expect an executive summary regarding this pretty soon, which will include budgetary information and a roadmap)
- BLOCK-holder profits come directly from the intrinsic functioning of the Blocknet - i.e. through the rendering of services

So in comparison:
- SuperNET is a make-money-with-money sort of project, whereas the Blocknet is a more straightforward software platform development project, coupled with make-money-from-services model for token holders.
- SuperNET backs its value with assets (I've previously opined that this adds risk due to centralisation), whereas the Blocknet's value is a function of the value of its services.

Feel free to add to this and build out the comparison. No doubt there are additional elements that could be included.

SuperNET is a make-money-with-services as well.

Thank you! I think that's a useful way to distinguish them.
It is worth saying that SuperNET will also include some impressive next-gen tech too (decentralised trustless and extremely private communication and transactions, instant cross-blockchain exchange, provably random p2p dice game etc), which James and others are building for free - or, at least, in return for a proportion of assets. So I suppose the pay model approximates the overall model as an equity stake.
Both, of course, look to leverage network effect and reward strong tech.
Depending on where each end up, it would be wrong to assume that collaboration is impossible. There could be significant opportunities for both in the future. It will be interesting to see where they each end up; I suspect they might not compete as much as some people think.

Thanks for the contributions here. Nice one.

Yes, the SuperNET certainly will have some next-gen tech.

Speaking of which, I'll be updating the OP soon to reflect a number of conversations I've had on the differences between the Blocknet's and SuperNET's tech. My opinion is that the Blocknet's approach is truly P2P (rather than using RPC calls for a specific function) and that its mesh+DHT approach is superior to a straight DHT approach. Expect this OP update soon.

On the topic of collaboration, personally I'd love it if SuperNET wallets get XBridges at some point. There's a clear benefit to that.
And I expect us to both benefit from each other's code from time to time as the two projects develop. This is one of many ways in which competition can be mutually beneficial.

Jump to: