Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BURST] Burst | Efficient HDD Mining | New 1.2.3 Fork block 92000 - page 14. (Read 2170605 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I’m new here. Is it possible to plot the Hdd with my desktop which is faster then only move the hdd to my mining rig to mine burst? Or I must plot the hdd with my mining rig, which is only intel celeron + 4gb ram?
Activity: 196
Merit: 41
Some say BURST's high quality undervalued currencies. The uptrend of the BURST reversal is doubled directly in the large environment that has generally fallen in the previous period. Now it's down again, I don't know if you will reverse it
Activity: 23
Can anyone send 1 Burst my way?

I want to start mining at a pool but i don't have 1 burst.

Here is my address if someone is kind enough : BURST-SPDP-RELE-6E9E-3NGCR

Done  Smiley

Thanks got it!
Activity: 28

Done  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442

I would send you but i didn't collect my profits yet because of the threshold.

I started with this faucet:
https://faucet.burstpay.net/

They give 1 BURST for free if your address don't have any tx's on it.
Activity: 23

Activity: 630
Merit: 103
TOKPIE
Weekly Burst Report #20

Development

Development of the 2.0.0 version is still going strong, as you can see by looking at the numerous GitHub commits. The new wallet should be considerably more reliable and high-quality, as it is being basically rebuilt from the ground up.
What the PoC Consortium developers are currently doing is a lot of bugfixing and stabilization, and a config file revamp and merging. Brabantian is working on implementing unit tests, with a current coverage of 7.4% compared to the 0% we had less than two weeks ago.

PoC2 support is also being implemented by Quibus: in short he added support for PoC2 plotfiles that can be activated at a given block height. According to rico666, “blocks have been already mined with PoC2 on the testnet”. PoC2 is implemented to counter a potential attack allowing malicious miners to mine certain scoops with PoW and very little disk space. While this attack vector is only theoretical at this point, the PoC Consortium believes we have to fix it to give more credibility to Burst’s consensus algorithm. PoC2 will be backward compatible with the current PoC1 as long as the mining software understands both fileformats.

A new infographic has been published, explaining how the Burst capabilities will evolve in 2018, after all the necessary hard forks:

In the meantime, we are noticing a strong and growing community support for the Dymaxion: the network observer shows that 74.6% of nodes run the 1.3.6cg wallet at the time of this report. This is a very encouraging signal, but we have to do even better. If you are still using 1.2.9 or older, make sure to update to the latest version. Follow this step-by-step tutorial if you want to run a full node to support the network.

On the non-wallet front the PoC Consortium pools are being battle-tested in real life. A few bugs were fixed but overall it is going in the right direction. “From our experience the new Go code is around 5x as fast as the lexicon pool, and it scales better on multi-CPU systems. It seems also faster than the Ninja Pool code, but we are missing hard numbers on that still”, according to rico666.

Websites

The How to & Tutorials section of burst-coin.org is going to be replaced with a brand new documentation soon, probably this week. The goal is to provide a great quality source of up-to-date step-by-step tutorials that can be maintained by the community. In the meantime, current tutorials on burst-coin.org have been updated.
All the burst-team.us online wallets are now using the 1.3.6cg version.

Conclusion

We are approaching the release of the 2.0.0 core version, which will formally mark the start of the intensive makeover that will take place over 2018 for Burst. Having a new wallet basically recoded from the ground up is a prerequisite to building something as ambitious as the Dymaxion on top of it. This week may have not been particularly exciting from the outside – still, great progress is happening now more than ever.

https://www.burstcoin.ist/2018/01/22/weekly-burst-report-20/
Activity: 588
Merit: 264
Hi, I have questions about mining. Does the read/write speed influence the mining efficiency or is it just about the space on HDD? I have some older HDD laying around, which I could use. Thanks

Write speed is only important  when you are plotting your HDD's. Fast write speed saves lots of time so you can start mining earlier. (CPU/GPU speed & Your available free ram also affects your writing speed depending on which one you are using. There is a bottleneck thing. You are only as fast as your slowest part.)

Read speed is relatively less important assuming that you are not using USB2.0 and anything slower than 5400rpm disks. If your read speed becomes too slow, you may not complete the reading process before the next block gets founded. That might affect your mining efficiency and result in getting less coins than your potential.

If your HDD's are anything above 5400rpm (I don't think there is anything slower in production) and you got at least 1 USB3.0 on your mainboard I'd say you are fine. At least that's how i mine now with 2 8Tb disks and its fine. On a larger scale you may want to build better designed rigs but I saw people building rigs with 10 external HDD's with a USB3.0 port on youtube and they seem to have no problems.

thanks right. i have 20 8tb hdds plugged in 1pc without any problem.
legendary
Hi, I have questions about mining. Does the read/write speed influence the mining efficiency or is it just about the space on HDD? I have some older HDD laying around, which I could use. Thanks

Write speed is only important  when you are plotting your HDD's. Fast write speed saves lots of time so you can start mining earlier. (CPU/GPU speed & Your available free ram also affects your writing speed depending on which one you are using. There is a bottleneck thing. You are only as fast as your slowest part.)

Read speed is relatively less important assuming that you are not using USB2.0 and anything slower than 5400rpm disks. If your read speed becomes too slow, you may not complete the reading process before the next block gets founded. That might affect your mining efficiency and result in getting less coins than your potential.

If your HDD's are anything above 5400rpm (I don't think there is anything slower in production) and you got at least 1 USB3.0 on your mainboard I'd say you are fine. At least that's how i mine now with 2 8Tb disks and its fine. On a larger scale you may want to build better designed rigs but I saw people building rigs with 10 external HDD's with a USB3.0 port on youtube and they seem to have no problems.
Activity: 10
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1037
฿ → ∞
...a complete crypto carnage...

I think BURST is doing pretty well. If "crypto carnage" as this helps us to get rid of scamshit like Bitconnect, it's a welcome cleanup.
legendary
Started to mine this with 2 8TB disks recently.

Too bad a complete crypto carnage happened. I was hoping to get my ROI in 6 months at least which is not going to happen it seems. If crypto get its shit together i'll expand my rig further.

For now i'll keep running my 16TB as I don't have anything to lose anyway.
Activity: 31
Because there was still some confusion on needing one or two bursts to start mining, i updated my getting started video guide. This can be found here:

How to mine burst:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJLhw37Lh_8
Activity: 420
Merit: 108
what PoC can compete with BURST?
None as for the moment there are no other active POC projects. And that is the biggest problem - you can't switch to earn more as with GPUS/Asics

it is not a problem if burst is profitable )
Activity: 28
I got some Kaspersky alerts about dangerous URL when the wallet is open (online) Embarrassed
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
So this hardfork...  What's the stats??? New coin or New market coin cap??? At this rate we will reach full coins mined in 6 months with no change...
Activity: 728
Merit: 106
None as for the moment there are no other active POC projects. And that is the biggest problem - you can't switch to earn more as with GPUS/Asics
Activity: 17
SIA and STORJ are different from BURST in every aspect.

SIA, STORJ: You give HDD space and bandwidth and you work as a small unit from a cloud storage provider.
BURST: You use your HDD space to secure a transaction.
Activity: 798
Merit: 531
Crypto is King.
Who has an opinion on BURST vs STORJ vs SIA

umm... SIA and STORJ compete, I think BURST will not compete with either.

Because there is no cloud system to lend storage to others by BURST.
In addition, BURST is generated only by PoC, but SIA is PoW.

STORJ has some bad pay news on the web saying it is inaccurate. Can anyone attest otherwise? Who can report on their success with BURST compared to SIA or STORJ? Im asking since they all revolve around utilizing HDD space.
Activity: 896
Merit: 289
Twitter: @BTY_11073
Who has an opinion on BURST vs STORJ vs SIA

umm... SIA and STORJ compete, I think BURST will not compete with either.

Because there is no cloud system to lend storage to others by BURST.
In addition, BURST is generated only by PoC, but SIA is PoW.
Pages:
Jump to: